Chawsee

Embarrassed Saying the "S" Word out Loud?

But I think looking someone in the eye and saying to them 'I will spank you', is the most powerful thing. Especially if there are others around.

• Like 2

expression is beginning of a relationship 

• Trust yourself, weigh the factors, the. make the decision to move toward what you want and need.

This is interesting indeed. Personally, I don't like it when that word is brought up. As someone else pointed out, it is rare that the word does come up in everyday conversation. And I am VERY thankful for that. Now, to clarify, I'm totally fine with the word, so long as it's used amongst others who are into the lifestyle. What makes me uncomfortable is when I hear it from people who are not. In my mind, I'm screaming "shut up" to them for having the audacity to even let the syllables form on their lips, LOL. 

The rare occasions where that word has sprang from the mouth of someone not in the lifestyle, I have  quickly changed the subject. I suppose that's a defense mechanism. The context is strange. It's like they are joking around saying the word but it feels like a jab at me, even though I know that they are not taking a jab at me, because they know nothing about me being in the spanking lifestyle. I am extremely guarded when it comes to spanking. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, F/m_Spanking_only said:

This is interesting indeed. Personally, I don't like it when that word is brought up. As someone else pointed out, it is rare that the word does come up in everyday conversation. And I am VERY thankful for that. Now, to clarify, I'm totally fine with the word, so long as it's used amongst others who are into the lifestyle. What makes me uncomfortable is when I hear it from people who are not. In my mind, I'm screaming "shut up" to them for having the audacity to even let the syllables form on their lips, LOL. 

The rare occasions where that word has sprang from the mouth of someone not in the lifestyle, I have  quickly changed the subject. I suppose that's a defense mechanism. The context is strange. It's like they are joking around saying the word but it feels like a jab at me, even though I know that they are not taking a jab at me, because they know nothing about me being in the spanking lifestyle. I am extremely guarded when it comes to spanking

You put into words exactly how I feel and react in the same scenario. Well said!

• Like 3

It doesn't feel embarrassing but it definitely evokes a mix of emotions and a certain tension that makes me shiver a little... To me it doesn't matter what word is used, because it all means the same thing: that your bottom is gonna hurt a lot... It's a love/hate relationship I have with that hehe. Because I'm not a masochist, I really don't like pain. On the other hand I need it and feel cared for and good when disciplined. It makes me crave it and fear it at the same time. 

• Like 2

The word "spanking" and some other associated phrases and words definitely do send shivers down my spine.  Not quite in the same way as they did a few years ago, but still enough to perk my ears and get my attention.

Growing up and in my early twenties, whenever anyone mentioned anything to do with spanking I would get flush with embarrassment and try to change the topic as quickly as possible.  I was always worried that I would be "found out" as a spanko if I seemed too interested, which in retrospect seems a little bit of an over-reaction on my part.  Now, especially that my close vanilla friends know about it, I've become way less self-conscious or worried about be found out as a spanko.  So if someone brings up spanking I will definitely engage in a normal manner and not just change the topic as quickly as I used to.  It is very liberating in many ways, and I wish I had been braver in my younger years!  There are so many conversations that I would love to go back to and ask for more detail, but as nervous as I was I quickly moved on.

• Like 1

On 4/14/2020 at 2:15 AM, Chawsee said:

Is there a feeling of embarrassment when you say the word "spank," "spanked," or "spanking" out loud

Oh my yes! I've gotten slightly better at it lately, but it still usually comes out in a mumble. I'll just stay stuff like, I'm needing 'firm attention' instead.

• Like 1

On 4/15/2020 at 10:45 AM, Chawsee said:

Very interesting perspective. I had not considered it this way before. Thank you! 

i'd love to hear Miss Chawsee tell me: "I'm going to paddle you!!"

• Like 1

I think for many in the vanilla world, spanking has sexual overtones. So in this day and age, using the word, or similar words, in the wrong company or setting, could land you in a lot of trouble. If I hear it I perk up, but I will never respond in any way. In large part because if taken the wrong way it could be considered harassment. But also, I have to admit a certain  latent shame since I self-spank exclusively. Or maybe shame is not the exact emotion, maybe more of 'what you mean you can't even get a real spanking'. Which i know is all in my head, but it's there anyway. the things we can do to ourselves in our own heads by how we view things, can hurt infinitely more then any physical spanking. Of course words can always cause the most pain if not used correctly and carefully.

• Like 1

Usually if my partner is talking about it to me in public he will whisper it. Most of the time it’s when I’ve done something bad he will whisper that he’s gonna spank me so hard for that later. I’m sure my face turns red.

• Like 1

I can say it sometimes to my husband but that is it.  When I am in the right state of mind I can easily and mostly jokingly say "you should probably spank me for that" (something like I hiccuped or dropped something inconsequential).  Sometimes(thankfully) it is even hard to say or to him.  If other people say it, I tend to freeze up and not be able to talk.  

So last night as I was getting ready to leave work he called me.  I was standing alone in the back hall way getting my stiff together and talking on the phone to him.  He said he was driving so decided to call instead of try to text me back.  I made a comment about how texting and driving is bad, there are a Lot of punishment stories about it, and in have read them ALL...   And then I see a co-worker standing next to me out if the corner of my eye.  Sir is still talking (thank God it wasn't on speaker) and says something about spanking me.  I have NO chill and and started blushing and stammering as soon as I realized my coworker was next to me. Finally I get my self.together and my.coworker just gives me a sideways look and a smirk and.goes "what was all that about?".

" oh my how much did you hear?  How long have you been standing there?"

"For a while, I heard quite a bit" (the whole thing was like a 2 minute convo, it isn't like he was stalking me and eavesdropping.)  

"Oh he was driving so called me... We were just talking about the many consequences of texting and driving..."  

"Oh yeah.. Ok.. There are a lot if those" 

I am SO GLAD I didn't say spank lol

• Haha 1

I was visiting my parents yesterday. They are big fans of Fox News. Last night one of the anchors was talking about people needing public spankings. I couldn't believe what I was hearing.  I just sat there and had no reaction except to listen.

• Like 1

On 4/13/2020 at 11:15 PM, Chawsee said:

Is there a feeling of embarrassment when you say the word "spank," "spanked," or "spanking" out loud? Does it send a shiver through you like no other? What is it about this particular word?? Other terms for the act, which more or less mean the same thing, don't have quite the same impact on me. Does anyone else here experience this? :wacko:

That word always brings back sore memories but it also makes me horny.  Go figure.

yup the word said out loud makes me all bashful and shy and blushy 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, ianl said:

yup the word said out loud makes me all bashful and shy and blushy 

Oh could I have fun with you!!  😉

oh boyyyyy

At home my wife and I are quite open about saying the 'S' word. It's anytime outside the home that by saying it can send my face beetroot red. We were over our friends house last week when she told me, out loud and in front of our friends,  that If I didn't behave myself she would spank my bottom. Oh how I felt the warmth in the room enter my face.

• Like 1

With saying it, it's almost just a case of getting used to it. 

When I first started meeting people, I felt weird saying it even to partners/fellow spankos. Having spent a fair bit of time chatting about it on this site though, I now find saying the word pretty easy. Except in vanilla situations where if kink is brought up, I tend to go very quiet. 

Hearing it is very different for me, whenever I hear/read "I'm going to spank you" or asked "are you going to spank me?" I get a little bit of butterflies in my stomach. It's really amazing the impact that one word can have on you. 

• Like 1