St.George

Complaints against SN

I was surfing to SN early this morn when Lo and Behold, I stumbled upon complaints from long ago (2011) lodged against this web site.

The criticism seemed unfair, along the lines of, "I hate match.com because my hubby cheated on me with someone he met there."

You know, the spanking fetish does not just hit you on the head when you surf Google. It is something innate that you just grow up with. Maybe there is a component of learned behavior but for me at least the genesis was very early.

So, I don't buy that a web site changes peeps into spankos and/or busts up relationships.

Yes. Oh, yes.  The Internet is a cheating machine.  Spanking Needs can be a conduit that enables both physical cheating and what oftentimes can be even worse, emotional cheating.  But so can the corner Starbucks . Or the COVID virus.   People who are ill-suited for each other or are otherwise a mis-match sexually will eventually cheat, in one form or another.  That's why things of that nature must get hammered out and discussed before wedlock.  Hopefully the generations after us will learn that lesson.  

Oh this link.

There are always two sides to each story.

Like how the original 2018 complaint on there was a mid 50’s year old dude who child-groomed someone into a relationship with them for many years, and when they turned of age found this site and was able to get to safety; due to her finally confiding in a friend here about said abuse.But, I guess the complaints don’t tell that side. 

It’s also quite possible to have non-sexual discipline dynamics without sex. And it be between two people. Vanilla people often can’t understand the last. 

• Like 4

That is pretty funny actually. Obviously its completely stupid, why would anyone think they can get a site taken down because they dont like it? But reading through the comments did make me think a bit. I wonder to what degree everyone's spanking fetish has been amplified by the internet. I mean, I had strong spanking fantasies before I found spanking websites. But surly it has effected me in a number of ways I am probably unaware of.

People make their own decisions but I can't tell you how many times I have seen people recommend that married people seeking a spanking relationship  look elsewhere when their vanilla partners wont oblidge them. Of course when I see this advice given its typically male spankers giving it to young female spankees. They justify this advice with comments like "you have to have your needs met".  My thoughts are that if the need to be spanked is so strong then the time to pursue that would have before marriage, not after.

But having said that I dont think bad advice from a few folks counteracts all the good advice and sense of belonging that can be gained by being here.  If someone chooses to make poor decisions that isnt the sites fault, its squarely on the person making those decisions.   I'm no longer pursuing the spanking interest in my relationship but it's nice to have a place to come where people understand  the desire and are supportive  of the struggles we all face being spankos in a mostly vanilla world.

• Like 1

I read the complain and it seems to be nothing but passing on the blame to someone else(in this case, the site) for their personal failure.It's easier to do rather than accepting their own mistakes. 

On 4/8/2020 at 9:04 AM, Child of Light said:

Oh this link.

There are always two sides to each story.

Like how the original 2018 complaint on there was a mid 50’s year old dude who child-groomed someone into a relationship with them for many years, and when they turned of age found this site and was able to get to safety; due to her finally confiding in a friend here about said abuse.But, I guess the complaints don’t tell that side. 

It’s also quite possible to have non-sexual discipline dynamics without sex. And it be between two people. Vanilla people often can’t understand the last. 

I think Sn is a cut above compared to similar sites I've seen, and I like you from your messages I've read. I was trying to find out whatever happened with that affectionfromcorrection brouhaha, but I can't find the thread. You know,  drama is of interest, and that thread had the goods.

There are a lot of forums. Needle in a haystack. I know you were called upon to serve Justice there, sword in one hand and scales in the other, which I imagine would consist of deletions as that is the limit of what you can do. Pictures of RL people are always risky esp. where fetish is concerned, it is difficult for me to fathom how folks can associate their face with spanking. I mean, the first thing HR does nowadays is search online for folks. It won't be long before facial recognition software catches up although I think that tool is indeed in use now by LE.

Oh yeah, the original reason I replied. Getting to that.

I beg to differ on that thing about spanking being non-sexual. I get it, there's no O! orgasm, maybe even no juices flowing during or after, but still, I think sex is at the heart of all this really, otherwise why not punish some other part of the body rather than the heavily erotic buttocks in close proximity to the genitals. No one is going to spank without evaluating, Hm, is that a nice ass? And if it is a nice ass, that's their motive, if not, then money or just power (sadism), the same kick from taking a magnifying glass under the hot Sun to ants. I'm not vanilla and have been a spanko longer than most folks have been alive, but it was always sexual for me. However even punishment spankings I got have become subjects for fantasy. There's this space in the astral plane where I revisit the various things that have happened to me and it is kind of repetitive much like a spanking but somehow never gets old.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, St.George said:

I beg to differ on that thing about spanking being non-sexual. I get it, there's no O! orgasm, maybe even no juices flowing during or after, but still, I think sex is at the heart of all this really, otherwise why not punish some other part of the body rather than the heavily erotic buttocks in close proximity to the genitals. 

That is simply a Load of Hooey ! !  with no basis. There are countless individuals, including myself, who practice Nonsexual corporal discipline. Sexual? It certainly can be to some individuals. However, it's not the individual but the act itself. There are those who do it either as a sexual purpose entirely or thru ulterior motive. The same exact premise as "Guns don't kill, People Kill"  applies. Sensual ? It certainly can be, but that's not even close to the same thing & has nothing to do with or without the "O".

There were discussions in high school home economics (yes I'll admit that I took high school home ec) about spanking, b/c it's the most meaty muscle area & therefore less prone to injury.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, St.George said:

I beg to differ on that thing about spanking being non-sexual. I get it, there's no O! orgasm, maybe even no juices flowing during or after, but still, I think sex is at the heart of all this really, otherwise why not punish some other part of the body rather than the heavily erotic buttocks in close proximity to the genitals. No one is going to spank without evaluating, Hm, is that a nice ass? And if it is a nice ass, that's their motive, if not, then money or just power (sadism), the same kick from taking a magnifying glass under the hot Sun to ants. I'm not vanilla and have been a spanko longer than most folks have been alive, but it was always sexual for me. However even punishment spankings I got have become subjects for fantasy. There's this space in the astral plane where I revisit the various things that have happened to me and it is kind of repetitive much like a spanking but somehow never gets old.

There are some of us that don't always get spanked as discipline but that it works for us. I can't find grounding, corner time, lines, essays, reflections, or tears of disappointment in myself to be at all romantic. Maybe you can. But I just can't. Different things are for different people. 

Look at the comments.  "Any woman that needs a spanking can give me a call" LOL

• Haha 1

On 5/9/2020 at 9:11 PM, St.George said:

I beg to differ on that thing about spanking being non-sexual. I get it, there's no O! orgasm, maybe even no juices flowing during or after, but still, I think sex is at the heart of all this really, otherwise why not punish some other part of the body rather than the heavily erotic buttocks in close proximity to the genitals. No one is going to spank without evaluating, Hm, is that a nice ass? And if it is a nice ass, that's their motive...

I can understand that you believe this.  But assuming you're motive is everyone's motive is the disconnect.  Spanking is complex and means many things to many people.  I personally have spanked a good number of women who became aroused, some where interested in acting on their erotic feelings, some where not.  Then there were others who did not get aroused.  ...and then, the same can be said about myself. While spanking I have gotten aroused and other times I have not.   In all cases, there was a bare bottom in front of me, but, with this experience, I know it is all about chemistry and our orientation to spankings ie. if you were spanked as a kid has allot to do with it as well...

On 5/13/2020 at 2:00 PM, OnlySolutions said:

I can understand that you believe this.  But assuming you're motive is everyone's motive is the disconnect.  Spanking is complex and means many things to many people.  I personally have spanked a good number of women who became aroused, some where interested in acting on their erotic feelings, some where not.  Then there were others who did not get aroused.  ...and then, the same can be said about myself. While spanking I have gotten aroused and other times I have not.   In all cases, there was a bare bottom in front of me, but, with this experience, I know it is all about chemistry and our orientation to spankings ie. if you were spanked as a kid has allot to do with it as well...

My wife and I were never spanked as children.  But we both have this spanking fetish big time.  I tend to agree with those who feel it is hard-wired in some respects.  But from whence it came?  I don't think anybody really knows.

On 5/10/2020 at 4:29 PM, Child of Light said:

There are some of us that don't always get spanked as discipline but that it works for us. I can't find grounding, corner time, lines, essays, reflections, or tears of disappointment in myself to be at all romantic. Maybe you can. But I just can't. Different things are for different people. 

I have interacted with the folks on this site enough to understand that spanking can be an activity kept apart from sex.  Maybe that's part hard-wiring and maybe part conditioning.  But my wife and I didn't spank each other for discipline until after we had 25+ years as a switch couple doing heavy erotic spanking, so there's just no way we can do discipline without a heavy sexual element involved.  I'm not saying it's romantic.  We have done some serious discipline, and it hurts like hell, and it's surely not the least bit romantic at the time.  Especially the few occasions I made her cry, and I felt really weird about that.  But once the pain subsides, things settle down, and we do the soothing TLC and make-up sex, looking back, the experience as a whole is so damn exciting, satisfying, bonding, and ... just ... je ne sais quoi.  

• Like 1