Amethyst_Moon

Floggers as spanking implements

Floggers as spanking implements   

18 members have voted

1. 1. Do/would you use a flogger as an implement in nonsexual spankings, or is it too sexualized/BDSM oriented to you?

• Yes, floggers can definitely be used effectively for nonsexual spankings
    • No, floggers are erotic BDSM toys

I have seen floggers mentioned in posts on this site, and it got me wondering how others generally feel about them as implements in nonsexual adult spankings- how many feel floggers have a place in their domestic-style,  nonsexual spankings, and how many see floggers solely as erotic toys for BDSM impact play. I'd obviously love to see why you feel the way you do in comments as well.

As for my answer, floggers can definitely be nonsexual implements for spankings for me personally. I have 2, both with higher intensities that are capable of delivering a good bottom whipping (especially the one with braided tails). To me, they are in the same category as any of my paddles, straps, or canes.

good question.

I have a light/medium weight flogger in my arsenal, but I found myself using it less and less in spanking sessions, especially with new partners.

It could be due to my not knowing the proper techniques, but darn if I can figure out how to get all strands of that flogger to land on the proper target.

Which means some of those strands tend to wander in ways which aren't exactly conducive to non-sexual spanking sessions. ;)

your mileage varies I'm sure

Gator

15 hours ago, Amethyst_Moon said:

As for my answer, floggers can definitely be nonsexual implements for spankings for me personally. I have 2, both with higher intensities that are capable of delivering a good bottom whipping (especially the one with braided tails). To me, they are in the same category as any of my paddles, straps, or canes.

I am not mechanically inclined, so I avoid any device with moving parts.  But I do have a small flogger, and it can really bring home a lesson when used as a complement to other implements.

On 4/6/2020 at 10:23 PM, Amethyst_Moon said:

I have seen floggers used on spanking videos and i was and am curious what is the experience. Besides it can be a great part of spanking play with female spanko (me giving it to her and her giving it to me). I decided that i wish to try other spanking implements as part of experimenting. What is the difference between this high intensity flogger and one that is not high intensity? 

3 hours ago, SearcherForWisdom said:

What is the difference between this high intensity flogger and one that is not high intensity? 

Some floggers are made to be low intensity, meaning the tails are very soft and often thicker.. This generally means they have a very light sensation that won't actually hurt at all. It might have a little thud, more like a nice massage, but will have very minimal sting if any at all. 

My floggers are higher intensity. The tails aren't soft, and they are made to have a lot of sting. My flogger with the single strand tails has tails that are very thin, to make them have a good amount of sting. My braided flogger, the tails aren't particularly thin, but because they're braided, it is more intense and has a serious bite to it. It stings a good bit even if used lightly.

So the difference is generally that lower intensity floggers are going to be much softer, and have a more sensual, massage-like sensation no matter if used lightly or hard. It's impact without actual pain. High intensity floggers are going to have a more painful, stinging impact. Even when used lightly, there will be some sting. Used in earnest, they will definitely hurt. It will be more like being whipped than getting a thuddy massage.

20 minutes ago, SearcherForWisdom said:

@Amethyst_Moon does this flogger would go as a good example of braided flogger that gives a good sting or would you judged it as a failure?

https://www.uberkinky.co.uk/uberkinky-four-tail-flogger-84280.html

That would probably be pretty stingy. The fact that it only has a few tails, as well as the knots on the ends, will add to the sting as well.

To give an example of my personal reference point, this is the braided flogger I have (the one I bought is the larger one).

https://www.etsy.com/listing/628451304/wicked-long-or-short-fully-plaited-black?ref=shop_home_active_10&frs=1&crt=1

Damn, they are looking like they can give a lot of pain. I should go to :behindsofa:  mode.  Serious s***!!!

11 minutes ago, SearcherForWisdom said:

@Amethyst_Moon thank you again for your help.

Of course

@Amethyst_Moon today arrived the flogger and a test run on my bare butt has been done by me.

The spanking was with many implements :

First Flogger to get pure readings about it's functioning.

Second a dose of leather belt.

third a dose of wooden bath brush.

fourth a dose of cane.

Fifth again a dose of flogger to test how does it feel when first spanked with other implements.

It did not required on my part to use much force to get it to sting. I'm judging the experience as unique and really good.

3 hours ago, SearcherForWisdom said:

It did not required on my part to use much force to get it to sting. I'm judging the experience as unique and really good.

I'm glad it worked for you.

• Like 1

It's not a good Yes/No questions as there is definitely a third choice, that being a stress-relief non-erotic flogging (just like therapeutic spankings).  A good flogging can send someone into subspace or just feel like a good massage.

That said, there are floggers that have heavy braided tails that will cause welting and could be quite a punishment implement if used with care.  I personally haven't tried to use them like that, however.

14 hours ago, MichiganHeadmaster said:

It's not a good Yes/No questions as there is definitely a third choice, that being a stress-relief non-erotic flogging (just like therapeutic spankings).  A good flogging can send someone into subspace or just feel like a good massage.

That's part of nonsexual spanking. I'm not talking about flogging of any other body parts, like back or elsewhere. I'm talking purely in bottom spanking context, since this is specifically a spanking site. But nonsexual spanking can be for stress relief, discipline, "just because"...a multitude of reasons. My use of the term "nonsexual spanking" encompasses spankings for any non-erotic, non-sexualized purpose, including therapeuric and stress relief. So using a flogger on someone's bottom for non-erotic and even therapeutic purposes fits the definition of nonsexual spanking and part of the first answer.

I personally wouldn't ever use one but not because it's too erotic. As far as implements go, I just feel it's the worst in the control department. 

With other implements, where you aim is where it will go. With all the tails on a flogger, I can't see that being the case. Of course...I have been wrong before so there's that. 

To me, there are two subcategories of "sexual".
- a scene which is done because it's sexy to have a spanking play scene.  But nothing sexual happens. 
- the same, but then it is mixed with sexual behaviour  (such as touching/stimulating erogenous zones, bring to orgasm, things like that).

To me, therefore "non-sexual" is neither of the above.  It is done for some other reason entirely (e.g. helping someone stop texting and driving) and the two players see nothing even sexy about it.   Some do go for this kind of play.   I don't.  I am of either of the above two types.   

Bottom line (pun intended): a flogger can certainly be used in all the above types of play.

It would be fair to say that getting agreement to the question "Is spanking sexual" is a hoary old question which has no definitive answer that any two people will ever fully agree on.  So I learnt to keep my own counsel on that decades ago.

Floggers? No thank you,  dddon't like them one little bit. Might as well throw fresh croissants at someone's back ..... Personally I loathe 'sensual' anything, as I am completely non-tactile and cannot abide coitus unless absolutely necessary. Indeed my wife and I have not performed coital sex for at least a decade ... Neither of us are fans.

My wife also strongly dislikes 'sensual', it makes her skin crawl .....  she genuinely feels repulsed and queasy.

10 hours ago, Drave said:

Floggers? No thank you,  dddon't like them one little bit. Might as well throw fresh croissants at someone's back ..... 

I have a flogger I made from screen spline. It is one of the most painful implements I own (as has been confirmed by those it has been used on). 

My wife and I tried a flogger once on one of our erotic retreats, but it didn't do anything for either of us.  It's interesting how it seems to be a mainstay of BDSM videos, but apparently not so popular with spankos.  I guess it's a BDSM / Spanko cultural thing.  Not in the intersection of the Ven diagram, so to speak.

2 hours ago, Rand E said:

My wife and I tried a flogger once on one of our erotic retreats, but it didn't do anything for either of us.  It's interesting how it seems to be a mainstay of BDSM videos, but apparently not so popular with spankos.  I guess it's a BDSM / Spanko cultural thing.  Not in the intersection of the Ven diagram, so to speak.

I understand that. My most used flogger is braided and pretty intense. So for me, it feels more like my bottom is being soundly whipped, like with my straps. It is used like any other implement, so I don't get that mental divide. If I had lighter flogger that didn't inflict much pain, it might be different for me mentally. Experiencing it as a genuinely painful whip, solely on my bottom, allows me to have it in the same category as any other spanking implement I have. But it certainly is different for everyone, and I understand how some might not associate it enough with spanking to find it satisfying.