For my own curiosity I tried something.

When using the site:spankingneeds.com search on Google, all the results that link to the main site and not the forum worked as normal. Anything that sent to something on the forum had the redirect(it gives a lot of results that should go to specific posts on the forums), at least on the first page of results.

But they were no longer redirecting as of 4:00PM central.

It's interesting cause normally if a site is affected by a conditional hack it isn't on and off like this.

If there's something specifically that would be helpful for my to do the next time this comes up, let me know. @Child of Light

This sounds like a spam hack that targets the .htaccess file on a php or wordpress site.

Site admins, I'd check to see if your .htaccess file (if you use it) is vulnerable 

There is more information available here --> (full url for clarity) https://aw-snap.info/articles/spam-hacks.php

• Like 1

Happened again at 2:43PM central time

Okay, I did a bit more digging, this file here was flagged, it may be legitimate, but there are one or two tell-tell signs inside it

uploads/javascript_global/root_library.js.90a44755e08a15d9a67e8fb8e8b4c2bc.js

Hi all, looking into this a few days ago I traveled across country and need to get my laptop out. 

I have had it happen lots recently ( never a problem before). I have very good spyware on my computer and it doesn' t happen with any other site I use. My spyware actually prevents me from clicking on anything that can cause a problem. Runs every day and actually scans sites, links etc before you use them.

@Kce89  Going onto the 2nd or 3rd link worked up until a few days ago- now actually all of them are doing the same thing.

Once I found a way to get on I bookmarked this site so if you all do that you won' t have this problem again.

@Spankbadgirl Good call - think I'll do that. Thanks!

Thank you all for your detailed reports of this phenomenon. I'm pleased to report that the issue has been resolved and you shouldn't experience any issues accessing the site. Thank you all again!

-Mystery Man

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1