We have been practicing domestic discipline for a while now. But we never had a set list of rules or expectations. That changed yesterday. Daddy sat me down with a pen and paper. He instructed me what to write and he explained each rule to me to ensure I fully understood. The rules are designed to hold me to the standard that I am my best self. They address things I struggle with. We also discussed and wrote down the consequences that can happen from breaking the rules. The hardest rule for me to follow is saying sir or ma’am. For some reason it really puts me in a place in my head that is vulnerable and small 🙂 But I’m working on it and daddy says his patience about it is dwindling. The rules were signed by us both and posted on the wall. 

5695DF3C-781D-4CA4-8134-582C7FE039B5.jpeg

• Like 2

From my perspective,  the rule that you have to call him Sir is about the least important out of any of them.  The fact that he's running out of patience with you about that one reflects more on him than you.  Sounds like somebody with an unchecked ego.  It's good you have rules in place though,  that's the basis for a solid DD relationship.  

• Like 3

5 hours ago, AfterGeometry said:

From my perspective,  the rule that you have to call him Sir is about the least important out of any of them.  The fact that he's running out of patience with you about that one reflects more on him than you.  Sounds like somebody with an unchecked ego.  It's good you have rules in place though,  that's the basis for a solid DD relationship.  

To say sir is important for us because I have trouble speaking respectfully. I live in the south and to say sir and ma’am is pretty common. As far as daddy’s patience, he is VERY patient!! Losing his patience with me just means that I’ve gotten enough warnings. He only warns me about something so many times before there is a consequence-nothing egotistical about that. It’s all for me and my benefit. 

• Like 1

If these rules make both of you confident about how to live your life, I can only encourage you to use them. Each domestic discipline setting has it own dynamics. If it makes the both of you happy, other opinions aren't that important anymore.

My wife used to get irrationally angry at me and I tried for years to get her to spank me to relieve her frustration and attention. While  she would spank me for stress relief and it’s a prelude to sex, she would never do it for punshment.  I think part of it was the fact that she was afraid she would have to be accountable and submit to a spanking from me for bad behavior.. She loved to be spanked and was incredibly aroused after one. But she wouldn’t do it in this context.  I was convinced that if we could’ve use spanking to defuse the tension that our relationship would’ve lasted longer than it did.

• Like 1

I like rules. They are important in a power dynamic. They help keep the dynamic stability on a daily basis and give a guide/limit of expectations. I appreciate rules that are set, which are typically for the benefit of the bottom/sub/ee. If there is a rule you don’t like, just ask to discuss it and find out the reason why it’s important to the Top/Dom/ER. Just know you may or may not be able to get it taken off the table. 

• Like 1

In a DD setting rules are very important and above all they provide the clarity you need and the structure as well. To me in the beginning of building up a DD relationship it's important to communicate about them and both agree on them. That's a little different than in a more bdsm like D/s TPE situation, where the Dom has the final saying in it. So for me it would be making the rules together and talking a lot about it. Once they are final, there would be no way back for me, unless the relationship for whatever reason would end. Communication is really important.

I hope the rules you've agreed on are working fine and I wish you luck in keeping them ;)

We have our agreement in writing as well as the rules I must obey.  Both are posted on the wall.  We both had input in drafting up everything prior to the actual beginning of our DD relationship.  Proud to say it is over 11 years old now.   The rules you posted are mostly behavioral rules that house old rules and chores.  Nothing wrong with that and I do think he is being tolerant enough in enforcing them.  The fact you aren't being spanked until the forth level of punishment is quite different than our FLR.