Sign in to follow this  
jethrofloyd

photo

Hello!

I'm new here (I know, you get that a lot), but I am not very adept with computer technology.  I'd like to move a photo from my Facebook page to my profile page here, but alas, I don't know how to do it.  Can you explain the procedure verrrrrry carefully, so even a 3rd grader could do it?

Thank you,

R.

Hello and welcome to the site.   

This is how i can do it on my computer in Windows 10:    On Facebook open the photo by left clicking on it so it is on full page. Then right click on the photo and you should get a small menu pop up.  Select option 'save image' by left clicking on that on the menu.   Then a box should open up in your file explorer giving you the option of where to save the image and if you want to rename it. I advise renaming it something simple!   The computer chooses where to store the photo but you can change that location by selecting another location from the choices on the left. When you are happy (or not) try clicking on the save box on the bottom right.    Now your photo should be stored  on your computer. Horrah!   

To add it onto your profile page on SN you need to go to your profile, select the edit profile option, then the add files/photos option (choose files) You should be given the option to choose the location on your computer from which you upload. So you select the same place in the filing system you stored the photo, hopefully you will then see the thumbnail of it and select it by a click. Asking for it by the name you gave it (type that into the empty file name box) should also work.  Then click on the OPEN option (little highlighted box) and it should begin to upload the picture onto your profile. IF the file isn't too big you will have success (probably). 

I hope this helps, from someone else who is not too adept at computer technology.   If not, keep calling for an expert!

Thanks Jane.  I think I almost had it, but then I got a message that the profile photo was too large for the space, and I'll have to figure out how to make it smaller.  But I'm working on it!

5 hours ago, jethrofloyd said:

Thanks Jane.  I think I almost had it, but then I got a message that the profile photo was too large for the space, and I'll have to figure out how to make it smaller.  But I'm working on it!

If you google "resize image free" there are a lot of websites that let you resize your image! So essentially youd go to the website upload it there and resize and then save from the website. Then you can repost to here!

4 hours ago, HannahKae said:

If you google "resize image free" there are a lot of websites that let you resize your image! So essentially youd go to the website upload it there and resize and then save from the website. Then you can repost to here!

Thanks Hannah!  I'll try that.

Success!  Thank you Hannah, Jenna and everyone else.

• Like 1