Spanking Needs Forums

Please delete my account

2 hours ago, shygurl said:

Sorry, we don't delete accounts. 

Can you tell us the reason you don't delete accounts? I know of very few sites that don't offer an option to delete an account, or at least make it inactive.

• Like 1
15 hours ago, Spanknutt said:

Can you tell us the reason you don't delete accounts? I know of very few sites that don't offer an option to delete an account, or at least make it inactive.

I'll answer this question. The site used to allow deletions. We don't anymore, we do offer a deactivation on request (but fixing a few bugs). 

Short answer, the software we are using when we delete accounts causes overtime database issues. It's also a security issue. Members that have caused issues in the past would request to delete their accounts over-and-over to erase behaviors that were harmful to the site and the member base. Most members who requested to be deleted also were members that returned within hours, days or weeks. 

We are custom building a self user deactivation process where members can deactivate their accounts. But it's not something that exists currently for this board software and something on our list we are working to improve the site :)

• Like 1
3 hours ago, Child of Light said:

I'll answer this question. The site used to allow deletions. We don't anymore, we do offer a deactivation on request (but fixing a few bugs). 

Short answer, the software we are using when we delete accounts causes overtime database issues. It's also a security issue. Members that have caused issues in the past would request to delete their accounts over-and-over to erase behaviors that were harmful to the site and the member base. Most members who requested to be deleted also were members that returned within hours, days or weeks. 

We are custom building a self user deactivation process where members can deactivate their accounts. But it's not something that exists currently for this board software and something on our list we are working to improve the site :)

Thanks for the explanation. It's frustrating when sites aren't user-friendly. When I first started my journey, I had a different profile name on some sites. After I realized that people would recognize me on different sites if I had the same username I started changing the other one to Spanknutt. One site would not allow this so I still have to log in there using a name I haven't used anywhere else in years. Never understood why.

3 hours ago, Spanknutt said:

Thanks for the explanation. It's frustrating when sites aren't user-friendly. When I first started my journey, I had a different profile name on some sites. After I realized that people would recognize me on different sites if I had the same username I started changing the other one to Spanknutt. One site would not allow this so I still have to log in there using a name I haven't used anywhere else in years. Never understood why.

It could be their software doesn't have an easy way to change it. But we are always updating to make SN more user friendly. We encourage members to make requests.

3 hours ago, Spanknutt said:

One site would not allow this so I still have to log in there using a name I haven't used anywhere else in years. Never understood why.

Same here.  SpankingTube will not allow me to change my user name to the same one I use here and on other sites.  

24 minutes ago, SwitchWithMe said:

If we can’t delete our accounts, can we at least delete our posts and comments?

I am asking as I have people calling me a faggot and man cunt in chat after posting something about spanking from males.

Homophobic and disrespectful comments need to be reported. It is NOT okay that this happened to you. Unfortunately, I have had some very chauvinistic, sexist, and disrespectful comments made to me in chat as well. I guess we all chat at our own risk. But, I, for one, have enjoyed your comments and hope you will not let hateful posters keep you from posting your questions and insight. 

• Thanks 2
24 minutes ago, sillygirl said:

Homophobic and disrespectful comments need to be reported. It is NOT okay that this happened to you. Unfortunately, I have had some very chauvinistic, sexist, and disrespectful comments made to me in chat as well. I guess we all chat at our own risk. But, I, for one, have enjoyed your comments and hope you will not let hateful posters keep you from posting your questions and insight. 

I don’t say anything in channel in chat. 

This was someone bringing forum posts to chat to make a point.

I’m not even gay or bi so it’s like whatever. I can’t imagine what women and LBGT people deal with.

I don’t report anyone. Going against a member with more seniority and status is the best way to get driven from any community.

On 2/12/2020 at 9:09 PM, Child of Light said:

It could be their software doesn't have an easy way to change it. But we are always updating to make SN more user friendly. We encourage members to make requests.

Is there a way to get my old account back after I wanted it deactivated? 

22 hours ago, SwitchWithMe said:

If we can’t delete our accounts, can we at least delete our posts and comments?

I am asking as I have people calling me a faggot and man cunt in chat after posting something about spanking from males.

Please start a thread here, so we can address the bullying (only you and staff can read the message); https://www.spankingneeds.com/board/index.php?/forum/186-ask-the-staff/

I’m sorry you dealt with such rude people. 

21 hours ago, sillygirl said:

Please report this so we can get this taken care of. Reporting can be done via starting a thread in this section: https://www.spankingneeds.com/board/index.php?/forum/186-ask-the-staff/

I also understand the reason behind not letting posts be edited after the fact but I have to say that a lot of times I see typos after I post because I tend to type pretty quickly. It drives me nuts. My mother was an English major, my grandfather was an editor, I used to write Journalism, and I am OCD like that. 😧 

• Like 1