Spanking Needs Forums

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 6 months later...

Let me know if you need a screen shot. When the conversation seems to freeze I reload the page. It used to work.  Now when I do it the conversation is missing and I can’t participate 

• 9 months later...

Hi,

I'm in the UK and the whole site seems to be grinding to a halt, especially chat. It's 1500 my time on Sunday 5th Jan, so 1000 Eastern. I've noticed a slowdown a few times before and it seems to be affecting everyone. Please could you let us know what the issue is? the site is currently unusable for me.

Many thanks.

1 minute ago, Englishman said:

Hi,

I'm in the UK and the whole site seems to be grinding to a halt, especially chat. It's 1500 my time on Sunday 5th Jan, so 1000 Eastern. I've noticed a slowdown a few times before and it seems to be affecting everyone. Please could you let us know what the issue is? the site is currently unusable for me.

Many thanks.

yes seems to have been the same for a couple of days now. Hanging when you try and post anything 

CoL - I've just done a trace route on your domain and so has Northumbrian. Although our connection here in the UK is currently lag-free the route has multiple time outs in the New York area, so perhaps it's an intermittent network issue? Some users on chat are saying the site is slow (Wed. 8th Jan, 1530 eastern).

On 1/8/2020 at 3:48 PM, Englishman said:

CoL - I've just done a trace route on your domain and so has Northumbrian. Although our connection here in the UK is currently lag-free the route has multiple time outs in the New York area, so perhaps it's an intermittent network issue? Some users on chat are saying the site is slow (Wed. 8th Jan, 1530 eastern).

To clarify, it's chat and not the whole site that is lagging for you? Or both. The chat is being hosted by a different platform currently and we are working on a way to resolve that current lag. We are on our works to launch a beta test of a new program on our own push server (hopefully soon @Mystery Man has been working on that :)

3 hours ago, Child of Light said:

To clarify, it's chat and not the whole site that is lagging for you? Or both. The chat is being hosted by a different platform currently and we are working on a way to resolve that current lag. We are on our works to launch a beta test of a new program on our own push server (hopefully soon @Mystery Man has been working on that :)

For me, at the moment, it's chat lagging. Although the tracert was to the forum server IP.

I know you have no control over internet routing :).

19 hours ago, Child of Light said:

When I had the issues last Sunday and Wednesday it was the whole site including chat. I was unable to log into areas such as messages, and going from one forum to another took up to five minutes. Last Wednesday I was actually unable to log off as it just hung. However, since then it's been back to normal and today (Saturday 11th Jan 0900 eastern) it's fine. I look forward to the new chat program. :) 

3 hours ago, Englishman said:

When I had the issues last Sunday and Wednesday it was the whole site including chat. I was unable to log into areas such as messages, and going from one forum to another took up to five minutes. Last Wednesday I was actually unable to log off as it just hung. However, since then it's been back to normal and today (Saturday 11th Jan 0900 eastern) it's fine. I look forward to the new chat program. :) 

We've done some work on it since than re: total site lag -- so I was curious to see if that was still an on-going issue for members  (the new chat program should be a lot better); the current one we have setup we have it on our server but the push notifications are set on ArrowChat server (and poorly designed); once we break away from them with a different chat program, and have our own push server things will go a lot smoother in chat. We are excited to be able to have members bata test! :) 

• Like 1
9 minutes ago, gingerlee said:

I still had the several minute sitewide lag last night several times. 

Thanks, please keep noting us in this thread -- and we will pin-point the exact issue very soon :) Even if it's not a right away response, knowing the time, and who is experiencing it, is very helpful.