Spanking Needs Forums

Hair Pulling

I myself have struggled with hair pulling for many years. It’s called Trichotillomania. I pull out my eyebrows. It has been very hard to overcome. Sometimes I do really good, and other times I’m doing horrible due to lots of different reasons. So I’m curious to know, have any of you spankers every dealt with a spankee with this? Did sessions work for this type of issue? Or, If you’re a spankee, have you struggled with this and did sessions work for you? 

First I have ever heard of it so I did a little research. What I read indicates the condition is similar to things like anxiety, depression, and OCD - normally treated with medication and/or therapy. While spanking might help as a deterrent for some people, it doesn't address the root cause so I can't imagine it will make it go away. The only way to know if it might be helpful for you is to give it a try.

17 hours ago, Child of Light said:

Trichotillomania is a type of anxiety disorder that blurs with OCD. Please see a doctor about this issue. 

I’ve talked to others who did see a doctor and were put on antidepressants which made them feel groggy. Sure it’s worth a try, but I don’t think seeing a doctor will help me. I’m not depressed. I’m a very happy person.. and I consider my anxiety more on the mild side. I am very much aware that I pull, which makes this easier to overcome. I feel I just need some extra discipline to help with that, which is why I asked in the first place whether others have had success. I know a guy who incorporates habit reversal training into his disciplinary sessions. Worth a shot in my opinion.

6 hours ago, LLCoolJ said:

I’ve talked to others who did see a doctor and were put on antidepressants which made them feel groggy. Sure it’s worth a try, but I don’t think seeing a doctor will help me. I’m not depressed. I’m a very happy person.. and I consider my anxiety more on the mild side. I am very much aware that I pull, which makes this easier to overcome. I feel I just need some extra discipline to help with that, which is why I asked in the first place whether others have had success. I know a guy who incorporates habit reversal training into his disciplinary sessions. Worth a shot in my opinion.

Have you tried CBT? It's a behavior based therapy. 

I had this bad when I was a kid. Used to have bald spots on my head.... It was very embarrassing. I would do it without even thinking usually when I was stressed. Seemed to have gone away with age for me, though I keep my hair short now. Don’t think a spanking can help with this. 

• Like 1
On 8/30/2019 at 5:45 AM, LLCoolJ said:

Antidepressants do not make everyone feel groggy. I firmly believe that spanking cannot help anxiety-based behaviors, and I find it interesting that you seem to be so willing to submit to a spanking, and so unwilling to try to seek a professional's help. Everything is not a one-size-fits-all situation. Spanking may work for you, but so could therapy. Don't rule something out altogether based on someone else's situation. 

• Like 2

There are tons of anti depressants on the market. You try them until you find the one that works for you. Some will make you groggy and some won't. As P said, they are used for many reasons...not just depression. I take one as a migraine preventative and another one for stress and itching. I have also used one for nicotine cessation.

My oldest son has something like this. He pulls out his eye lashes when he gets stressed. I can always tell when it's going on because I find them on the bathroom counter.

On 9/1/2019 at 9:34 AM, Chris1364 said:

I had this bad when I was a kid. Used to have bald spots on my head.... It was very embarrassing. I would do it without even thinking usually when I was stressed. Seemed to have gone away with age for me, though I keep my hair short now. Don’t think a spanking can help with this. 

Thank you for the input. 

On 9/1/2019 at 12:29 PM, -ria said:

Antidepressants do not make everyone feel groggy. I firmly believe that spanking cannot help anxiety-based behaviors, and I find it interesting that you seem to be so willing to submit to a spanking, and so unwilling to try to seek a professional's help. Everything is not a one-size-fits-all situation. Spanking may work for you, but so could therapy. Don't rule something out altogether based on someone else's situation. 

I simply was repeating what others told me about their experience taking antidepressants. It is something I may consider if all else fails. I am very much willing to seek professional help. I simply just wanted to see if anyone has had success with this disorder with sessions. 

2 hours ago, shygurl said:

There are tons of anti depressants on the market. You try them until you find the one that works for you. Some will make you groggy and some won't. As P said, they are used for many reasons...not just depression. I take one as a migraine preventative and another one for stress and itching. I have also used one for nicotine cessation.

My oldest son has something like this. He pulls out his eye lashes when he gets stressed. I can always tell when it's going on because I find them on the bathroom counter.

Has your son figured out ways to stop? Or something that has helped? Just looking for ideas.