Vox

Pet Peeves : What Turns Your Screws?

20 hours ago, Chawsee said:

The individual who orders a 3-course meal at the drive-through window and brings the line to a screeching halt for ten minutes...

If I'm waiting in line, and I have the opportunity to switch lines, the line I switch to will always slow down.  I could tell you some stories.

I'm not superstitious.  But somehow, I don't know what it is, I'm just cursed.

• Haha 1

On 9/23/2019 at 6:13 AM, Vox said:

A few travel-related peeves:

People who stop and stand right in the middle of the concourse of a busy airport. I understand sometimes you can't keep moving with the flow of foot traffic, but move off to the side, for Light's sake!

Airport travelers who hold hands 3 or 4 abreast so you can't get around them. It's not a game of red rover, dumbasses.

Hotel Wi-Fi that cuts off every day so you have to re enter the pass code on every single device. 

Random tsa crotch area pat downs. I don't care how much they say they're protecting me, they're MOLESTING me. When this happened to me, I told the agent that the crotch was an inappropriate place to be randomly searched, and she said, "Haven't you heard of the Panty Bomber?" I told her, "I'm not wearing any." Then she asked, "Is there anything in this area that I should be aware of?" To which I promptly answered, "A VAGINA." I feel SO much safer now... 😕

I travel on business frequently.  All I can say is, ditto, ditto, ditto.

The first couple of gripes you have there totally ring true.  The only thing I would add is, when these oblivious numb-nuts clog up the thoroughfare, I want to ask them, "Are you really oblivous?  Or are you just a self-centered selfish prick?"  Alas, we will never know.

As far as TSA goes, what can you say?  Once this gigantic federal TSA bureaucracy was created, how could it be otherwise?  It's like, great, they've brought the DMV to the airport.  You no like?  Go pound sand.  And you better wait in line patiently for your abuse.

I'm really turned off by judgmental people. I know people who just won't stop sending me critical things about the government, religion that they disagree with, races that they don't like, and even opinions about things. They don't just disagree, they are disrespectful and vicious.  I don't think they understand the damage they do to themselves, let alone others. So, I tried not to judge them,, but I typically start having much more to do with them.

• Like 1

People who drive the speed limit or slower in the fast lane. 
When someone says something purposely so you can’t understand them and then refuse to repeat it. 
When someone sticks their finger in your mouth when you yawn. 
People who don’t know how to travel and pay no attention to others around them. 

I could probably keep going, but that’s good for now 😂

Spankos on here and other sites who do not answer up to a simple "hi." How do I know u only spank women? U don't say it anywhere in your profile.

Also those that don't say a word in the "about me" section. Tell me u only spank women here and I'll leave u alone.

But mostly spankos that u spend time setting up a meet and greet and even a scenario and then go ghost. Say U have thought about it and its not feasible or that U r really into role play. Sadly, I have been guilty of bailing after thinking about the distance and cost involved in getting that spanking. But I have always told that person and in some cases suffered their wrath but so be it.

Bullying of any sort. 

On 2/27/2020 at 8:48 PM, Rand E said:

Well, I guess I would say don't judge them too harshly.  Better to cut them some slack.  People get interested when they encounter exotic things that are way outside of their own experience.  And you are never going to find their reaction appropriate, because, well, they don't have any idea how to react appropriately.  As long as they aren't actually evil or bigoted about it, I wouldn't get annoyed by it.  Better to be amused.  People are just people.  

I apologize.  Upon re-reading, I don't think my remarks come across the way I intended them. 

What i'm trying to get at is that every so often, you will find yourself talking about your lifestyle or worldview or whatever, and you find that the person you are chatting with lives in a totally different world.  And that's okay.  We will never be all the same in some big happy we are the world family.  

I realize it can be rude and stupid from your perspective that they ask you these things, but if you feel that it is motivated out of genuine curiosity, the best approach is to be the bigger person and use it as a teaching moment.  Try to give these folks a sense of how there is a larger world out there beyond their own narrow sensibilities. 

I admit.  It takes patience and tolerance to do that.  Finding it annoying is completely understandable.  But as I said, wouldn't you rather be the bigger person?

Of course, on the other hand, if they are just being mean or bigoted, they can all go fuck themselves.  I'm absolutely with you there.  100 percent.  

It's quite funny when people who have no business poking around in my life suddenly pretend to care and give me advice on how to live in my own life. 

"Here's your nose, I found it poking around in my business"-some random quote which I might use sometime when it happens.