BC943

First time: hand or hairbrush?

I’m interested in trying spanking for the first time in the near future. What would be the best implement to try as a novice? 

I personally like hand and belt or brush. The brush is the only thing that gives me bruises which I love. 

• Like 1

I'd say for either giving or receiving a first spanking go with a hand one to begin with. Plenty of time to try implements later. 

It depends on how hard you want your first spanking to be. Not knowing you, I would suggest a good hand spanking for the first time. Then the hair brush for the second time. And lastly;  the belt which should leave quite a good sting.  Of course, the hair brush will too but the belt is used on me when I'm bent over something. The hand & hair brush are both given otk to me. 

All cost benefit is heavily on the side of making haste slowy.  Start mild and work up gradually.  Consider the first time in particular as a practice/orientation event.  -Ex.

• Like 1

For first time I would say the hand, the increase from there. Check out SpankmeOTKRon's picture. That was from the evil bath brush. I know because I put those marks there!

As far as implements:  As other here already suggested, start with the basics.  First good spanking should always be by hand.  See where it leads from there.

Regardless of method, the first spanking you do with your partner should be playful, fun, and perhaps a bit erotic.  Work it up carefully and gradually to something more serious step-by-step. 

I envy you.  You are on the verge of a great adventure.  

• Like 3

As a novice, it makes sense to start out with a hand spanking over clothes, so you can see if you enjoy the impact, and you can always ramp up from there. However, I'd recommend your spanker have at least one other OTK thing (paddle, brush, spatula...) in easy reach, in case you're really getting into it, but the ER's hand is wearing out . I have wimpy hands; my butt can take a lot more impact than my hand can. Is your spanker a novice, too?

Hands are really personal, I think. Very intimate. Can certainly make for a deeply memorable initiation.

First off, there's no reason that a spanking couldn't use more than one implement.

There's really no "right" answer. It depends on a lot of situational factors.  And I believe that it will be a "game time" decision based on how things play out, not all of which are known ahead of time.

Generally, though, I'd recommend use of the hand for the warmup period with perhaps some leather added in.  After that, likely a lot more leather.  I generally wouldn't recommend the use of wood (brushes, paddles) on a first spanking.

• Like 2

I'm in agreeance with Steven.

This question is really situational. Plenty of factors go into it.

For some, a hand is nothing. For others, it's entirely different.

Same goes for several other implements.

Always best to build up!

I suggest novices start with hand-spankings. You can actually go quite a while down this path before having to move up to using implements. The hand is more personal and intimate and can be utilized in different ways to achieve different affects. Variations include fingers open vs fingers closed, hand cupped vs hand held flat and rigid, flicking vs not flicking the wrist just before impact, swinging from the elbow vs swinging from the shoulder, how slow or fast the rhythm (or varying the speed), and the pounds of force put into each swat. Even to this day the hand remains my favorite spanking tool. I'd enjoy it in all its capacity.  

• Like 3

I join with the hand spankers.  For women there is the alternative of spanking on the panties first and the on the bare.  Implements are for later.

I’ve gone very slow with new people. I have started with my hand and warm them up really well. I talk to them during the experience. If we both agree they can take it, I use a small flat paddle.    Ironically, they think my hand hurts more than the small paddle, but I have large hands and very strong.

I think it’s important to be very conservative when spanking someone new. It would be possible to scare them or make it hurt so much that they would never try it again. You would also break their trust, in my opinion.

It would probably be important for me to point out that I don’t spank people casually. I’m not the sort of person that would ever go to a play party or join a BDSM organization.  But, I’ve had several very satisfying relationships over many years but they must be friends first. That’s just how I’m wired.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, JonTx said:

I’ve gone very slow with new people. I have started with my hand and warm them up really well. I talk to them during the experience. If we both agree they can take it, I use a small flat paddle.    Ironically, they think my hand hurts more than the small paddle, but I have large hands and very strong.

I think it’s important to be very conservative when spanking someone new. It would be possible to scare them or make it hurt so much that they would never try it again. You would also break their trust, in my opinion.

It would probably be important for me to point out that I don’t spank people casually. I’m not the sort of person that would ever go to a play party or join a BDSM organization.  But, I’ve had several very satisfying relationships over many years but they must be friends first. That’s just how I’m wired.

I'm completely in sync with your philosophy and technique. 

1 hour ago, Chawsee said:

I'm completely in sync with your philosophy and technique. 

Me too.

I would also suggest burning every hairbrush on the continent. Hate those blasted things (I'd rather take a caning than a hairbrush spanking!).

• Like 1

On 3/20/2020 at 1:57 AM, JonTx said:

I find this to be a very good idea to follow.

I like the idea to build very healthy depth when it comes to friendship with mutual spanking.

Hopefully you have begun your spanking adventures by now.  Would love to know how you made out.