Spanking Needs Forums

Piano Teachers

When I was growing up I took piano lessons—I would ride my bike to my teachers house—I was probably 9 or 10 at the time. I remember mid lesson once one of her kids was acting up (she had 3) and she threatened him with a spanking with a wooden spoon. I didn’t get to see anything happen but she did say she spanked her kids. It made me instantly crave a spanking from her, especially because I didn’t really practice much. From then on everyone I rode over there, I imagined what it would feel like to go over her knee and get my bare behind spanked with that spoon...

ironically, I did work as a piano teacher in my adult life for a bunch of years so i got to see the other side of the equation. 

Anyone else have any piano teacher or music teacher memories (or even experiences?)

No experiences involving spanking around music teachers but I do remember an ex-headmaster or mine at one of the secondary ( high ) schools I went to coming up and having a go on a toy Casio keyboard I bought into a music class. I was never that good really but he was able to engage really well with kids as well as keeping discipline ( just with his voice )

I took viola lessons for years...my dad grew up poor and always wanted to play an instrument himself so he wanted me to have the chance. I didn't hate it or anything but I wasn't very good at it. I didn't practice much and my mom was always nagging me...though I never got spanked for that... I did get spanked once though for forgetting my viola and leaving it on the school bus (I think I was in 4th grade)...luckily the driver found it and I got it back! Even though I never played very well it did bring me closer to my dad and I learned to appreciate classical music which I still do...

• Like 4

I took piano lessons from an older woman, but no spanking experience. A baby-sitter once spanked me with a wooden spoon in front of my sisters. They took something of mine without asking and I snatched it away from them.  It pissed the baby-sitter off.  We knew she came from a family where the discipline was hard because we had heard stories from her brother. It was a heavy wooden salad bowl spoon and it was awful. When my parents got home they thought it was funny and the story was shared at family gatherings for years.

• Like 1
15 hours ago, Spanknutt said:

I took piano lessons from an older woman, but no spanking experience. A baby-sitter once spanked me with a wooden spoon in front of my sisters. They took something of mine without asking and I snatched it away from them.  It pissed the baby-sitter off.  We knew she came from a family where the discipline was hard because we had heard stories from her brother. It was a heavy wooden salad bowl spoon and it was awful. When my parents got home they thought it was funny and the story was shared at family gatherings for years.

Several people have mentioned spanking babysitters on here...interesting! I was spared that experience because my parents rarely used babysitters...they'd drop me off at a friends or leave me home alone and tell me to go to the neighbors if the house caught on fire (hey it was the 70s!) I have some memories when I was about 4 of being left with a babysitter and getting in trouble...it had something to do with me playing with a broom and getting it stuck in the top of the stove. I have no idea how I managed to do this and I'm sure I got in trouble when my parents got home and they probably spanked me but my memories from that long ago are pretty vague... In contrast to the time when I was 5 and decided to hold a seance to summon a friendly ghost by lighting candles in my room...that time I remember the spanking that followed QUITE well :)

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

Cannot relate to a spanking Piano Teacher. My instrument was trumpet.  There was no threat of punishments for having a bad practice.  I did feel bad if I wasted my Mom's money on the lesson...  My lady and I also developed an appreciation for music (favorite of classical), Art of almost all styles, and writing.  Excellent Topic. 👍🏻

• Like 1
On 5/26/2019 at 1:29 PM, Redandmore said:

Cannot relate to a spanking Piano Teacher. My instrument was trumpet.  There was no threat of punishments for having a bad practice.  I did feel bad if I wasted my Mom's money on the lesson...  My lady and I also developed an appreciation for music (favorite of classical), Art of almost all styles, and writing.  Excellent Topic. 👍🏻

Hmmm...we're starting to get enough instruments here to form a spanko band :)

• Like 3
6 hours ago, rude_rumps said:

Hmmm...we're starting to get enough instruments here to form a spanko band :)

I’ll be the guitar player. 

I nominate "Spanko The Gang", a corruption of "Spanky and The Gang" TV series as the name of our band! 

One of our title songs can be a remake of the Frankie Valli and Four Seasons song "Oh What A Night!".  Of course one of our inventive spanking enthusiasts will have to rewrite the lyrics and post them here! 🎼

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
On 5/25/2019 at 10:48 PM, rude_rumps said:

Several people have mentioned spanking babysitters on here...interesting! I was spared that experience because my parents rarely used babysitters...they'd drop me off at a friends or leave me home alone and tell me to go to the neighbors if the house caught on fire (hey it was the 70s!) I have some memories when I was about 4 of being left with a babysitter and getting in trouble...it had something to do with me playing with a broom and getting it stuck in the top of the stove. I have no idea how I managed to do this and I'm sure I got in trouble when my parents got home and they probably spanked me but my memories from that long ago are pretty vague... In contrast to the time when I was 5 and decided to hold a seance to summon a friendly ghost by lighting candles in my room...that time I remember the spanking that followed QUITE well :)

You should have blamed it on the ghost :)

3 hours ago, Needsitbad said:

You should have blamed it on the ghost :)

Now why didn't I think of that then? I did have an imaginary friend when I was about 3 named Yooey or something like that and I apparently used to blame things on her...or at least that's what my parents claimed...I have no recollection of this whatsoever :)

• Like 1
  • 3 months later...

I took piano lessons for several years starting around age 9 or so up to about 13 or 14.  Went to the teachers house for lessons, and heard from other kids who had her that she was really strict and didn't tolerate much of anything. One girl in my school told me the very first time she went for a piano lesson, she saw the teacher spank another student while she was waiting for her hour to begin.  My piano teacher was easily in her 60's or 70's and had a degree in music, and she was focused much more on old fashioned music from 50 years or 100 years earlier than on teaching kids to play songs that were currently or recently popular, so a lot of what we had to practice wasn't fun. 

She was frustrated beyond belief with me because I liked the current hits and she didn't really see the point in learning to play popular music, and heaven forbid anything like rock and roll.  Her belief was if you could learn to accurately play the classics and the really old standards, then you could apply the same principles to any sort of music. A few years later, I realized that my best instrument was the organ, not the piano, and after switching over, became a really good player because it's so much easier to do well on the organ than on the piano. 

In any event, during the 4-5 years that I went to piano lessons with her, I did get spanked a few times. Don't remember the details of most of those situations, but they probably revolved around my putting my own spin on "her" chosen types of music and playing them in a rock and roll style, which I know would have shocked her.  I do remember one quite clearly. You should have seen the expression she had on her face when I showed up one Saturday morning after having purchased the sheet music for Nut Rocker which had been a hit for B. Bumble and the Stingers, but was really a much faster and totally rock version of Tchaikovsky's The Nutcracker which was written for ballet. She told me I had wasted my money and she wasn't about to teach me how to play that abomination, but I told her I liked the song and was going to learn it on my own if she wouldn't. She told me that insubordination was not an attractive trait in a piano student, and spanked me. A couple of months of practicing it at home, and I had it down sounding very close to the recording, so I went in and played it at the end of one of my lessons. Her reaction was that as bad as the song was, I had actually played it quite well, and sat down and showed me how to clean up one part of it so it sounded more like it was written in the sheet music. I was shocked that she even tried to play it!!

• Like 1

Wondering if your parents went along with the idea of you been spanked by a music teacher? How serious/hard were the spankings? otk bare butt? Hand or implement? Was spanking for discipline accepted generally in the community you grew up in? 

Just curious!!

58 minutes ago, Davyd said:

Wondering if your parents went along with the idea of you been spanked by a music teacher? How serious/hard were the spankings? otk bare butt? Hand or implement? Was spanking for discipline accepted generally in the community you grew up in? 

Just curious!!

In the community I grew up in, nearly every kid I knew was spanked both at home and at school, since in the 1950's and 60's that was considered acceptable and appropriate discipline. My parents did not object and were aware this music teacher spanked students that she was displeased with over their behavior during lessons. She was supposed to be the best piano teacher in the area, and didn't accept just anyone as a student. While I don't know this for a fact, I suspect that there was some discussion with parents about discipline, rules and the possibility of punishment at the time their child was signed up for lessons. The spankings I experienced from her were hard enough to get your attention and let you know she wasn't thrilled with whatever you had done or said to her. They lasted maybe 2-3 minutes, mine were always bare bottom while bent over the piano bench and done with a paddle, I'm sure she was concerned about not injuring her hands spanking someone, since those were her source of income. 

Thanks for sharing your experiences of the "good old days!!!. As one who had a strict Dad but not a spanker, It was much later in life that I become aware of how many adults appreciate the help they get from a sore bottom. 

I started out in group piano lessons at age 5. I remember rather vividly my teacher taking a boy into the bathroom and giving him pretty severe spanking. Although spankings had already begun to intrigue me by that point, there was nothing about this spanking that made me want to get one from her. In fact, I thought she was a mean person. I just didn't like her and was so glad when I got out of her class and went on to private lessons. I was even much more happy, elated really, when I quit piano in the 4th grade and started playing drums. Been playing drums ever since. 

I did write a spanko song one time. But it probably would not make sense without the music is why I don't post it. Or maybe I am lazy? Heck, it is 4am! 

• Like 1

There is a piano in this story, so perhaps it qualifies.  When I was 5 or 6 and in kindergarten, I witnessed my very first spanking.  We were all sitting on the floor in front of the teacher who was going to read us a story.  But first she called a boy up in front of the class and told us all that he had pushed a girl on the stairwell, causing her to fall.   After talking a bit about how dangerous that was, she then undid his little trousers (but did not pull them down), put him over her knee and smacked his bottom in front of all of us.  When she stood him up he was crying (more from the embarrassment no doubt) and she told him that if it ever happened again, she would take him behind the piano and spank him on the bare bottom.  Well!  That was it for me!  I was mesmerized, and I believe a spanko was born right then.  

• Like 3

I remember the second primary school I was at had a very strict deputy headmistress who was also a singing teacher. In assemblies she would read out the names of boys who were going to be caned by her in private afterwards. She used to pick on particular kids for completely unfair reasons. She never caned me as I wasn’t there that long but I’m still angry the way she treated some of my friends back then. 

• 1 year later...

Pearl Export w/16 in Zildjian crash, 14 in Zildjian crash, 14 in Sabian crash, 10 in Wuhan splash, double bass, I miss those drums..........

I never witnessed a spanking but.....I recently got this yamaha 88 key electric grand piano w/ synthesia....and synthesia is amazing

I was engaged to a very very skilled piano player and all around musician (piano, voice, violin and flute)  my instrument was my voice and it already by the time I was 20 got me quite far.  When I met her she volunteered to give me piano lessons for free and I took her up on it.   But I never practiced and even tho I told her I did, she could tell I didn't.  she jokingly threatened to spank me but never did at that time.  I made crack one day when she confronted me about my lack of effort about how the voice is actually the true instrument and at that point she dropped me as a student.  After we got engaged, I got my bottom paddled very long and hard quite often.  I sort of wish she would have done that when I was taking lessons.  I would be a much better player today.

You guys gave me a good idea! My former husband was a musician, a talented acoustic guitarist. He was more than willing to teach me to play, but learning felt like it would take forever, so I never mustered up the self-discipline to practice. I should  have put him (and his strong hand) in charge of this area of my life. Shucks! The opportunities for spankings that passed me by.... :D 

• Haha 1