I'm having some issues with my asthma at the moment and am in the process of getting my medication changed. I'm not in a spanko relationship at the moment but I thought this would be a good opportunity to bring up asthma as a spanking safety topic. I've personally never been triggered by being spanked ( it actually tends in my case to help my breathing ) but for those who are what sort of plan do you have in place ? Just interested really :)

If I find myself spanking somebody,  and somehow my asthma is triggered, I would certainly hope to have my albuterol inhaler nearby.  I suppose this would be the case if I was anywhere doing anything at all and my asthma was triggered.    I really need to keep one in my car in case I am away from home when it happens.   Your post helped remind me of this, thank you.  

• Like 1

I have spanked a friend of mine a few times. This friend swears that spanking helps their breathing and lowers their blood pressure. Never had any issues with breathing during a spanking.

• Like 1

It certainly makes sense that spanking would improve breathing. Spanking releases adrenaline which naturally bronchodialates, however prolonged/ severe trauma can cause release inflammatory mediators which can be a triger. My recommendation is take your bronchodilator first, then enjoy 😉☺️

Being spanked and being spanked hard has never triggered my asthma and I have pretty bad asthma. I keep it well controlled with inhalers and meds. I always have ventolin on me just in case. I think the only thing you can do is make the person, who is spanking you, aware and always keep a rescue inhaler with you. I wouldn' t worry about it too much...

It is imperative to disclose any medical condition or limitation well before, as during could/would be too late, the actual private meet. The EE needs to know ahead of time

if or how the ER would make any adjustments.  I had an EE in recent past who had a vertigo condition for which I was able to make a position adjustment & quite able to 

Tend to business at hand. 

I've never had an asthma attack during a spanking, but I would simply safe word go get my inhaler and then resume, or take it before hand if you know it's going to be a regular issue. But personally spanking makes it easier to breathe for me too. 

I try to discuss any medical concerns in advance such as this.  Never had an issue such as asthma arise during a session.  I did have one spankee who liked to be immobilized on a spanking bench for long periods and had an issue with heartburn, so she made sure to take an antacid prior to a session (and let me know if she needed anything during).

More often, I've had to give someone a break to go pee than for a medical emergency.

Make sure that if your on the receiving end or the opposite to have your rescue medicine by you and a cold glass of water. This would be recommended with any activity and asthma. If your on the receiving end make sure that the person knows you have asthma and if you were to have an asthma attack what you would need asap, what the warning signs are etc. The smell of gas used to set a family member of mine into an attack so anything is possible. 

One of the top concerns for myself, when watching or participating in the scene, is the breathing of both the bottom and top. I can not share this enough if there is any medical issue that could come up in a spanking public or private share it with your partner. Ensure they are aware of the condition and where the medication is should it be needed. Saftey is paramount. I have been with people during a spanking who is diabetic and had I not known where the insulin was or the honey in the home a call to 911 could have been needed. As an EMT I have a little more knowledge than most on medical issues and how to address them. My biggest recommendation is to talk openly before anything occurs.

• Thanks 1

I do have asthma as well, but it was never triggered during spankings I've received in the past. On the contrary: being disciplined on a regular basis relaxes me and gives me peace of mind which is a positive trigger. But I did have some agreements with the D's I had in the past, usually a certain sign, which would make the spanking stop if I'd ever get breathing problems. Of course the disciplinarian/D should know about this and watch the spankee closely, safety first always!