What music are you currently listening to?

Bubby

Annette Peacock- "I'm The One". Hard-to-describe genre-defying singer-songwriter LP from 1971, with laid-back funk grooves and soulfully caterwauling vocals, ornamented with non-tonal synthesizer squalls, all in a sort of futuristic jazz-blues context. I don't know if that explanation helps...ya just gotta hear it.peacock_main_1401796048_crop_550x508.jpg

• Like 1
13 hours ago, AfterGeometry said:

Misterfirmhand, how did you discover Ms. Peacock ??? 

I believe I first heard her on a compilation of groovy music I got in the mid '90s. Tracked down "I'm The One" finally somewhere around 2001(it was hard to find in those pre-streaming days). Thankfully, the world seems to have rediscovered her, at least a little bit.

• 3 weeks later...
14 hours ago, Misterfirmhand said:

As a former olde tymey punke rocque guy, I believe The Stooges to be INDISPUTABLY the greatest rock 'n' roll band of all time. Highly recommended if you have a hankerin' for rude, primal noise.

I'd probably consider myself a punk at heart as well although my period was the late 80s/early 90s. 

I was listening to some old Replacements/Soul Asylum stuff last night - always loved those tunes. I used to get tapes and vinyl from those kind of 80s alt US bands ( as well as the s---t kicked out of me at school back then because of my music taste - it was worth it though ! )

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...
On 5/24/2019 at 5:42 PM, Misterfirmhand said:

The Stooges-Funhouse. As a former olde tymey punke rocque guy, I believe The Stooges to be INDISPUTABLY the greatest rock 'n' roll band of all time. Highly recommended if you have a hankerin' for rude, primal noise.

R-369980-1107896049.jpg.jpg

Great choice. I owe a lot of my hearing loss to the stooges.

• Like 1

Very basic, but also classic. I listen to this CD all the time. It was actually the first CD I ever chose for myself. I got it when I was 5 years old (my little kid mind picked it because I assumed that since it had a 1 on it, it was obviously the best CD in the store). That was almost 20 years ago, and the Beatles have been my all time favorite band ever since. I even got to see Paul McCartney on tour just a couple of months ago. This album just never gets old for me.

20190721_230029.jpg

• Like 1