Bubby

What music are you currently listening to?

I thought this would be a neat topic for Daily Banter to see what everyone's taste in music are. Just simply state what musical artist you are currently listening to which would include the name of the song or album as well as genre. I'll start things off! This morning I am drinking my coffee while listening to Poses, By Rufus Wainwright. I adore this album. Genre would be considered Baroque Pop, Folk, and Indie. Released in 2001

220px-RufusWainwright_Poses_cover.jpg

• Like 1

I find it really hard to limit myself to one genre. Planning to listen to a variety of acid house and techno this afternoon as I'm planning a dj set - at the same time I love classic rock as well so I've been reminiscing over vintage Rush, Van Halen and Motley Crue. 

• Like 1

Getting ready for my day and listening to Lucinda William's Car Wheels On A Gravel Road! Love me some Lucinda! Genre: Americana, Alternative Country, and Folk. Released in 1998

220px-CarWheelson_aGravelRoad.jpg

Still listening to Lucinda Williams but now I have her album Essence playing while I am picking up around my apartment. Genre: Americana, Alternative Country, and Folk. Released in 2001

essence.jpg

• Like 1

Got my noon pot of coffee brewing and listening to a Smashing Pumpkins classic! Siamese Dream! Genre: Alternative Rock, Grunge.. Released in 1993

41H62046AHL.jpg

Siamese Dream is a great album ! I remember having that on tape. I was a full on grunge kid back in the early 90s :)

• Like 1

Mary Star of the Sea which is an album by the Billy Corgan side project called Zwan. Genre: Alternative Rock.. Released in 2003

220px-Zwancoverart.jpg

• Like 1

Sloan Wainwright, Self Titled Album. Genre: Folk.. Released in 1996

wainwright2.jpg

On my lunch break - 105.1 GoCountry FM

• Like 1

Just been picking up around my apartment. Now I'm listening to Sufjan Stevens album Carrie & Lowell. Genre: Folk, Indie.. Released in 2015

Sufjan_Stevens_-_Carrie_&_Lowell.jpg

Currently listening to a vinyl copy of Now that's what I call Music 11 - released originally in 1988. These are a long running series of pop compilations in the UK. I had this one on tape when I was 14. I'm getting very emotional hearing it again...

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, ukspanko said:

Currently listening to a vinyl copy of Now that's what I call Music 11 - released originally in 1988. These are a long running series of pop compilations in the UK. I had this one on tape when I was 14. I'm getting very emotional hearing it again...

They released those in the states as well. I remember having a copy when I was like 8 or 9

• Like 2

Counting Crow's Recovering The Satellites. Genre: Alternative Rock.. Released in 1996

CountingCrowsRecoveringTheSatellites.jpg

Metals by Feist. Genre: Indie Pop, Folk.. Released in 2011

220px-Feist_Metals.jpg

Probably my favorite Morrissey solo album.  "Vauxhall and I" from 1994.  

220px-Morrissey-Vauxhall_and_I.jpg

• Like 1

Apparently I am a teenage girl as I am crushing hard on Ed Sheeran's music... but also like Sam Smith, Chris Stapleton and Bruno Mars.

Currently I have "Straight Tequila Night" stuck in my head (don't know why, haven't heard it in years.)

• Like 1

Mission Bell, by Amos Lee. Genre: Americana, Folk.. Released in 2011

220px-Mission_Bell_Amos_Lee_cover.jpg

Oceania, by The Smashing Pumpkins. Genre: Alternative Rock.. Released in 2012

smashingpumpkins.jpg

Everything Is Wrong, by Moby. Genre: Electronic Rock.. Released in 1995

EverythingIsWrongMoby.jpg

Starting my morning off with Lucinda Williams Sweet Old World! Genre: Americana, Alternative Country, and Folk.. Released in 1992

220px-Lucinda_Williams-Sweet_Old_World.jpg

Drinking coffee to Fleetwood Mac's Rumors. Genre: Classic Rock.. Released in 1977

220px-FMacRumours.PNG

• Like 1

This is the first album I ever owned growing up. Cracked Rear View, by Hootie & The Blowfish. Genre: Alternative Rock, Folk Rock.. Released in 1994

220px-Hootie_&_the_Blowfish_-_Cracked_Rear_View.jpg