AfterGeometry

Poll: Do you prefer bruises, or just a reddening??

Do you prefer bruising or blushing?   

48 members have voted

1. 1. Do you prefer bruising or blushing?

• As an ER, I prefer leaving bruises
    • As an ER, I prefer just leaving some reddening/blushing
    • As an EE, I prefer to be left with bruises.
    • As an EE, I prefer to be left with just some reddening/blushing

As an EE  ... do you like seeing bruises afterward as a reminder of your discipline, or do you prefer just a playful reddening/blushing?   

As an ER... do you like making sure you leave some bruises after a spanking, or just leaving a reddening/blushing that soon goes away is fine?  

For me, if it's red.. the spanking has just got started. I don't think I need bruising, but the level of spanking, and how long that I require it, to help me.... tends to always leave bruising. And I'm OK with bruising.

3 minutes ago, Child of Light said:

For me, if it's red.. the spanking has just got started. I don't think I need bruising, but the level of spanking, and how long that I require it, to help me.... tends to always leave bruising. And I'm OK with bruising.

I agree with COL! 

Bruises are a sign of a well spanked bottom so an EE the better the bruising, the better the spanking:-) Marks are a lovely gift from spanker to spankee in my opinion...

I've had both experiences as an ee, but I prefer to be left with some bruising. I don't mean being left black, blue and purple for weeks, but some minor bruising and marks are great. They leave a reminder for a few days. They give me a sense of calm and peace. Seeing them helps me to know I'm forgiven and they relieve guilt.

I have a high tolerance so leaving me red makes me feel like i got my hand slapped or that the spanking has hardly started. I refer to those as wussy spankings.

I am just one of those people who need spankings to be serious and hard or they do little for me. I'm not into them for play. I almost always have a few bruises or cane marks on me.

• Like 2

I voted for "reddening" as in my experience most spankees do not want the bruising or lasting marks. For those who do I'm happy to oblige.

1 hour ago, lynnette said:

I've never been spanked but when the time comes, I'll have one rule for the spanker.. You can make that ass glow, but no bruises... 

that's not as easy a task as you may think from your side of the paddle. it can take a bit of trial and error to get it just right so WHEN the time comes don't freak out if you end up with an unintended mark or two, it happens. ;)

Bruises or blushing/reddening is fine for me as a spankee. I wouldn't accept being cut though. 

12 hours ago, lynnette said:

I've never been spanked but when the time comes, I'll have one rule for the spanker.. You can make that ass glow, but no bruises... 

I have one spot that starts bruising almost immediately. Also, I have turned black and blue in a spot that the ER never touched it was purposely avoiding because it bruises easily. Also, I'm weird LOL

I've only ended up with a bruised bottom just on a couple occasions.  I could tell it wasn't what the spanker(s) wanted to happen and I could tell they seemed to be a bit sorry for having left bruises.  I'm fine with a spanking that will leave a few bruises or marks. I don't prefer it over just reddening or a pink blush, but I really don't mind if the spanking leaves a bit of bruises - Heck, most of the time my behavior has me "cruising for a bruising" anyway!  😉  If I can still feel a sore bottom the next morning and see a hint of a bruise, then the spanker did a great job. For the most part, that's been the case!  

My wife and I have been spanking each other for erotic purposes for ages.  We didn't used to like bruising, but we've had some sessions recently that are more disciplinary in nature, involving the wooden paddle that got retired some time back mainly for the very reason that it caused bruising.  Now, it's the household board of corrections.  When one of us does something unacceptable, out comes that fearsome wooden paddle, signalling that this session is going to be about communicating displeasure with spousal misbehavior.  I have to admit, it's so damn exciting - both giving and receiving - that I can't rightly say that it's entirely punitive.  But that damn wooden paddle administered full force by my peeved wife hurts like holy mother-of-god, and the only question is not whether, but how much bruising will ensue.  I used to tease her about hitting like a girl - not any more.  Maybe it's just my imagination, but we seem to both behave better around each other lately.  So, yes, I now realize that bruising can be a good thing.  But, ouch.            

For a spanking to actually stick with me  I prefer to have some bruising with it.  To be honest, if I can't feel it a few hours later or even the next day I'm more likely to break that rule especially if it's a relatively new one.  And those little reminders help to keep me on track!

• Like 1

I'm not for or against bruising.  It's sometimes appropriate or absolutely necessary. 

At other times, It can't happen.  I have a spankee who is married to a vanilla.  She wants discipline (not that it changes her behavior), but can't bruise because her husband, who only play spanks, doesn't know.  I have the rare case where my wife understands my need, but would rather have me spank women other than her.  Not that she doesn't get it once in a while.

I think it's interesting that of the ones who answered, the ERs (3:1 so far) are against bruising and the EEs (2:1 so far) want it.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, gingerlee said:

I think it's interesting that of the ones who answered, the ERs (3:1 so far) are against bruising and the EEs (2:1 so far) want it.

Hmmmm, might this imply that (in general) ERs are more "empathic" and "EEs are more "macho"?  Just a thought....

4 minutes ago, GrayBeard said:

Hmmmm, might this imply that (in general) ERs are more "empathic" and "EEs are more "macho"?  Just a thought....

I would say the EE's are more masochistic and the ER's are less sadistic.  So there's a mis-match in our community, according to these stats. We need more people to vote to get a better picture.  

1 hour ago, AfterGeometry said:

I would say the EE's are more masochistic and the ER's are less sadistic.  So there's a mis-match in our community, according to these stats. We need more people to vote to get a better picture.  

Depends on who you talk with....I don't consider myself a masochist. I do have a good pain tolerance, but I am also one who has troubled staying in position for a spanking. I have learned that each time I roll over, drop to the floor, etc, I get a break to catch my breath!! I know I need the spanking, but the pain is hard to take. A masochist loves and craves the pain.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, AfterGeometry said:

Ha I'm definitely no masochist!

10 minutes ago, Poison's said:

Ha I'm definitely no masochist!

So much for my "preference for bruising equals a preference for masochism" hypothesis.  LOL  :D

• Haha 1

I'm not a masochist either. Or if I am, I'm very unsuccessful LOL I'm a wimp. I will say this though, for me, there's a feeling that if I'm going to go through all that, I'd like it to last a little bit. That kind of spanking usually produces marks or bruises, especially on me.

• Like 1

I can vouch for Ginger's wimpiness, but practice makes perfect!!!

AG keep coming up with new hypotheses and we'll let you know how close you're getting!!!

I bruise very easily, so anything other than play-swats is going to leave me black and blue.  I don't like the banged-up-butt look--I'm always concerned that someone will see somehow--but if I'm going to get an effective spanking then bruising is going to happen.

It doesn't actually matter to me. I am good either way.  I don't mind leaving bruises, but I am also great with an ee who doesn't want any bruises. 

As long as whatever marks on my bottom aren't too faded the next day and I still feel the spanking for at least the next day I'm good.

I was once severely spanked with a very heavy leather construction belt 3 days in a row.   The purpose of it was to see how bruised my ass could get.  My entire ass was still a deep dark blue a week after the last beating.