A while back, we used to be able to add people as friends, not just follow people.  That was a great aspect to have on this site.  It let others know who you knew about so to speak.  If I'm iffy about a person, I question others about them.  Maybe that's just me?  lol  There's really no way to know who somewhat knows who.   

There have been quite a few things added to the site since that feature was removed.  Some of those features, like the blogs or even the albums, I don't currently use.  I myself, and possibly others may use them more if not EVERYONE could see them.  I enjoy sharing things with others but my life is not a free for all...does that make sense? 

Friends was changed to Followers by Invision so I'm not sure it's something that can be restored, unless CoT can custom program it, which would make software updates difficult.

Let's see what others think --  but this sounds like a good idea and could enable a whole new set of interactions on the site and in the community. I'll talk with @SpankingNeeds (our Dev); to see exactly what can be technically done. Where there is a will there is a way! :P

• Like 3

I miss that feature as well. It was nice to have the ability to choose your friends.

also like the idea of having some things private as well. It would open the lines of communications better for some. Make it easier for some to be more open and honest.

• Like 1

I'm sure it's not practical, but the ability to only share with certain people or at least restrict to friends if that feature is enabled would be wonderful.

3 hours ago, Child of Light said:

Let's see what others think --  but this sounds like a good idea and could enable a whole new set of interactions on the site and in the community. I'll talk with @SpankingNeeds (our Dev); to see exactly what can be technically done. Where there is a will there is a way! :P

ex0rqf4.jpg

8 minutes ago, spankmeal said:

ex0rqf4.jpg

Coding is nearly endless! :)

Such a smart girl!!!

I think you are going to do do great things with this site Child of light!!

• Like 1

Okay let the contrarian have his say.  I dont see what the point of having a community like this is if we are going to have areas sectioned off for everybody's little cliques.   It's the same problem I have with the multiple chatrooms.  Anything that excludes others, or makes people think they are not "special" enough to be part of something shouldn't be a feature on this site.  If there is something you think you can only share with one or two friends, message them.  

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, AfterGeometry said:

Okay let the contrarian have his say.  I dont see what the point of having a community like this is if we are going to have areas sectioned off for everybody's little cliques.   It's the same problem I have with the multiple chatrooms.  Anything that excludes others, or makes people think they are not "special" enough to be part of something shouldn't be a feature on this site.  If there is something you think you can only share with one or two friends, message them.  

Forum post/ threads would always be public for everyone to see -- no matter what. That's always going to be the main staple of the forum. However, there are some valid reasons someone might want to close their personal data to selective people. Maybe closing it off to only a couple people, and getting positive feedback, is the first step to someone posting, and than they soon post it to main? I don't think it's about being special enough but for members to slowly reach out and feel comfortable.There are two groups I have posted on here (Spanko's with Disabilities & Submissive Lifestyle) --- they are both closed groups. I wouldn't feel comfortable sharing my identifying information on those topics in public forum space... but in those groups, I felt less anxious. Some people also like the appeal of closing their profile information, albums, and blogs off to friendslist only, so that it's not public view (i.e have to register to make an account and add the person). It just brings an extra layer of security.

• Thanks 1

On 2/27/2019 at 3:24 PM, shygurl said:

I miss that feature as well. It was nice to have the ability to choose your friends.

also like the idea of having some things private as well. It would open the lines of communications better for some. Make it easier for some to be more open and honest.

I agree 100%.  :)

• Like 1

21 hours ago, AfterGeometry said:

Play Space is for where somebody can be who they want to be. Whether that is a spankee, spanker, little, big, etc. It is for any actual role play, and not just  only the bratting, throwing stuff, etc., which some use it for. Personally i like the realistic domestic type role play, and not the glitter bombs,etc., .but to each their own.  Some members freaked out in main on the little concept and role play in main. 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, shygurl said:

Such a smart girl!!!

I think you are going to do do great things with this site Child of light!!

+1

22 hours ago, AfterGeometry said:

It's not to form cliques, it's to give something to everyone.

Think of it this way, say you were at a party with all your friends and you want to talk about something intimate or personal. You, most likely, are not going to sit in the middle of the of the room and tell the entire crowd. You are going to be off to the side sharing it one or two people or a small group.When you have a community, it is nice to have that option.

I'm a very open book, but there are a few things I prefer to keep private among my closest friends. Some of my closest friend in real life happen to be on this site. I'd like a place to share with them alone.

• Like 3