Spanking Needs Forums

If you are a Man, do you cry during a spanking?

Only once - a few years back when I had a severe paddling. I was actually really ill with depression/anxiety at the time and as much as anything else I think it was partly due to that. I probably rushed into that spanking a bit too quickly but in some ways I needed it. Not so much for punishment but for an emotional release. In day to day life I hate crying or showing emotion in public really. 

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The other night my wife brought me to tears for the first time in a year since we have been in an FLR. At the beginning of the year she said she felt we were going backwards and she was going to be mo

Over the years I have spanked and been spanked by both males and females. Until two weeks ago I never met a male who could tolerate the wood bath brush. I did have a bad boy over my knees bare bottom.

I SO WANT to cry during a spanking, but have never been able to do so. It takes more than physical pain and discomfort for me; I need to feel a deep emotional connection to my spanker.  I have a new

On 1/12/2019 at 2:59 PM, Flrswats said:

Last night she told me i was going to get spanked for getting annoyed after she told me NO on a decision she has made. And for the first time it hurt so bad I started crying. I was very embarrassed. I felt TRUE REMORSE but it was embarrassing. I had never actually shed tears during a spanking. It felt so good.

You're living the dream.

• Like 1

I have.

I can.

It’s really a function of my relationship with the spanker. Men are socialized to endure pain. Play hurt. Walk it off. Unless we have the common cold, and then we bitch and moan and torture everyone around us. But seriously. There is a lot that has to get navigated to get past that. At least for me.

When I say I am open to that experience, spankers have usually just tried to beat me into that space. It doesn’t work. I have heard this from spankee’s. Chatting on line with a woman who wanted spanked to tears— comes away with deep blue bruises after screaming her head off.

Sheer force and pain is not the key.

• Like 3

I really don’t think pain makes someone cry.... it’s more of an emotional connection with your spanker and feeling of remorse.. I think it would be a great release of stress to be able to cry actual tears, but that’s never happened to me anyway . 

• Like 2

To many into spanking, crying is in a way our Mount Everest, the one thing that we would love to achieve. I myself am sentimental guy, I've been known to tear up when reading a sad story or when a scene in a movie touched me.  But I've never come close during a spanking, even a severe one.  When your a kid just the prospect of being spanked could have turned on the water works, being spanked by a parent is both an emotional and physical trauma for a child. At a young age you'd probably cry when you crashed your bike and skinned your knee, as an adult you just grimace and bare the pain.  I think being spanked as an adult we have the same reaction.  I would love to left a bawling mess over a caring woman's knee ,but at this point I'll settle for just being really desperate for it to end and the related emotions.  

• Like 3

I have cried when I have been spanked, and not because of the severity of the spanking, but because of the mental state.  The disappointment not just in letting down my ER, but in letting myself down.  I earned my spanking and I knew it, it was a simple OTK bare handed bare butt spanking but the mental stage had been set and it didn't take long before I was sobbing.  My spanker did not stop at the outset of the tears, but continued on until he determined I had had enough.  He judged it perfectly.  The relief was so intense, I felt like a million bucks afterward although my behind was tender.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, cleveken said:

I have cried when I have been spanked, and not because of the severity of the spanking, but because of the mental state.  The disappointment not just in letting down my ER, but in letting myself down.  I earned my spanking and I knew it, it was a simple OTK bare handed bare butt spanking but the mental stage had been set and it didn't take long before I was sobbing.  My spanker did not stop at the outset of the tears, but continued on until he determined I had had enough.  He judged it perfectly.  The relief was so intense, I felt like a million bucks afterward although my behind was tender.

Hi Cleveken.  Your experience sounds much like some of mine. It seems that your spanking help you release some bad feelings and get to a state where you felt integrated again, is this right? Some of us have talked about feeling close to our spankers after a spanking like this. Did you have that experience?

Your experience sounds much like some of mine. It seems that your spanking helped you release some bad feelings and get to a state where you felt integrated and maybe forgiven.   Some of us have talked about feeling close to our spankers after a spanking like this. Did you have that experience?

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/12/2019 at 1:59 PM, Flrswats said:

The other night my wife brought me to tears for the first time in a year since we have been in an FLR. At the beginning of the year she said she felt we were going backwards and she was going to be more consistent and the soankings were going to be severe. I didn’t really believe her but I said ok and submitted to it. Last night she told me i was going to get spanked for getting annoyed after she told me NO on a decision she has made. And for the first time it hurt so bad I started crying. I was very embarrassed. I felt TRUE REMORSE but it was embarrassing. I had never actually shed tears during a spanking. It felt so good. Can any other men tell me what what you are thinking if you have cried during a spanking? 

Very interesting!  I haven't cried yet (grunt, beg, yell, sure, but not actually cry).  I'd like to, but so many people say not everyone cries.  Not sure how to get to that point.  I used to think crying was weak, but not anymore.  Maybe with encouragement to do it by a good female spanker I trust (?).  not sure.  

• Like 2

I just cried the first time a week ago when my girlfriend, it was me my roommate and her home when she walked in the living room and said "justin come on, I wanna talk to you outside, now:, she said loud your getting a spanking, go to the garage now! I had the garage open waiting she stormed in and closed the door,the light turned on she  scolded me then said, take your pants off and underwear,  get in the front seat face down..I did quickly she started the spanking quickly switching to a wooden hairbrush and it was going on and it just happened I busted into tears she continued tell I was bawling it was embarrassing because she said it so someone could here I knew I was wrong and I need to change it, or be spanked  again..I've been wanting to spanked father/son style otk by a male I think that would bring tears

On 4/4/2020 at 12:27 AM, SwitchWithMe said:

Sheer force and pain is not the key.

And what is exactly?

For now i am self spanker that spank my self for stress relief and so far it never happened to me. I did read about effects of crying when spanking is received for stress relief and i was curious if that would work for me. Honestly i don't know. I think that if i would get spanked by someone else for stress relief the result is going to be that i get stress relief including endorphins but zero crying. I don't know how to get there.

1 hour ago, SearcherForWisdom said:

And what is exactly?

For now i am self spanker that spank my self for stress relief and so far it never happened to me. I did read about effects of crying when spanking is received for stress relief and i was curious if that would work for me. Honestly i don't know. I think that if i would get spanked by someone else for stress relief the result is going to be that i get stress relief including endorphins but zero crying. I don't know how to get there.

For me, at least, crying is as much about surrender as anything else. I don’t know how to surrender to myself, so I would guess this would be a challenge during self spanking.

• Like 1

I'm impressed with how many of you guys have reached tears, or want to. There's no denying that it's the deepest cathartic release... and the most intimate bonding experience if you're close to your spanker. 

• Like 3
On 4/23/2020 at 3:39 PM, Chawsee said:

I'm impressed with how many of you guys have reached tears, or want to. There's no denying that it's the deepest cathartic release... and the most intimate bonding experience if you're close to your spanker. 

Absolutely, the spanker is caring and able to apply. It takes a lot of emotional and physical effort.

• Like 1
  • 2 months later...

Yes, ***blush***  i cry like a little boy.  That's part of what I need out of a spankings is the release of crying.  I tend to let out a squeal with each swat which turns into my eyes full of tears and crying.  I think part of the crying is the embarrassment.   The whole experience is very emotional. 

• Like 1
On 4/23/2020 at 2:39 PM, Chawsee said:

I really wish I could... I think it would be incredibly freeing. The spanker would have to be someone I trust completely, though.

• Like 2

I have cried from a spanking a few times.  There are always emotions present that are tied to the spanking (remorse, frustration, shame, grief).  I seem more likely to cry after the spanking than during.  I seem more likely to cry when my spanker is disappointed in me.  Crying during a spanking isn’t something that I can rely on.  I often want the emotional release of it but it doesn’t happen.

• Like 2

I never have, but would be interested to know what it would be like. Or even if I could. I'm not in a relationship with a discipline dynamic or anything; I just get spanked for fun, stress relief, because I want one, etc. Like a lot of us, I'm imagine it is indeed more of a mental, head-space thing, than strictly from pain.

The first time I got a "real" spanking I do indeed remember my eyes welling up, but that was more from the long-pent-up emotional release.

28 minutes ago, Oracle said:

I never have, but would be interested to know what it would be like. Or even if I could. I'm not in a relationship with a discipline dynamic or anything; I just get spanked for fun, stress relief, because I want one, etc. Like a lot of us, I'm imagine it is indeed more of a mental, head-space thing, than strictly from pain.

The first time I got a "real" spanking I do indeed remember my eyes welling up, but that was more from the long-pent-up emotional release.

I SO WANT to cry during a spanking, but have never been able to do so. It takes more than physical pain and discomfort for me; I need to feel a deep emotional connection to my spanker. 
I have a new Domme who I’ll be visiting in soon. She seems to understand my desires and believes we can get to that point in a few visits. 🤞

I’ll let you all know....

• Like 3
On 7/14/2020 at 6:30 PM, Shameless said:

I SO WANT to cry during a spanking, but have never been able to do so. It takes more than physical pain and discomfort for me; I need to feel a deep emotional connection to my spanker. 
I have a new Domme who I’ll be visiting in soon. She seems to understand my desires and believes we can get to that point in a few visits. 🤞

I’ll let you all know....

Hi Shameless. It's so good to hear that you've found a spanking partner whom you connect with. Please do share an update with us in the near future, if you're comfortable doing so. Hearing about a good spanking partnership like this, and maybe a little background on how you found her, gives others hope. 

• Thanks 1

I think I was programmed during home and school canings to keep a British 'stiff upper lip': there was no shame in being caned but there was in failing to take it 'like a man'.

I might then have gone and had a good cry in my bedroom  or somewhere else private.

I'd love to be able to cry now when I'm corrected, but I cannot.