snowplow03

checking ID?

Do any of you ask to see ID to verify age when meeting a new playmate in person?  I'm wondering about doing that since some folks I'm corresponding with are saying that they are in their early 20's, and I am bad at judging age.  

I have.   I meet with an 18yr old who definitely didn't look their age.    I asked for ID to verify their age.   always better to be safe than sorry.

• Like 1

I always ask for photo ID, regardless of age.  I need to know that the person I am agreeing to meet is who they say they are and I can verify what I need to,

They are always told up front that the information is kept private/unseen unless something happens to me. 

• Like 1

If they don't trust you enough to hand over their drivers license on request, you probably shouldn't be interacting with them.

• Like 1

On 11/23/2018 at 6:49 PM, snowplow03 said:

Do any of you ask to see ID to verify age when meeting a new playmate in person?  I'm wondering about doing that since some folks I'm corresponding with are saying that they are in their early 20's, and I am bad at judging age.  

I never spank anyone without meeting them first in a neutral play-coffee shop--and to date have never had to ask for any id. But I am a top. I can see that a bottom might need to have a copy of the ID especially if they going to be spanked in a private home and things went seriously wrong. 

• Like 2

This is why I don't play with anyone (who looks) under 30, avoiding the ID issue. 

I'm in my 40s, yet I look like I'm in my 30s, or on a really good day late 20s. That said, I don't judge age on appearance. People look young for a lot of reasons. While checking ID is a good policy, it is possible that someone has a fake ID, though I have no idea about the likelihood . The stereotype is of course that these are people at the end of high school or beginning of college.

• Like 1

I haven't yet but I would have no qualms doing so. CYA my friend, CYA.

I'd check ID and background check on the person (i.e to make sure they have the capability to consent); just because someone is of the age of 18, doesn't mean they have the legal mental capacity to consent to a BDSM (written or not) contract.

• Like 1

Those are good points but I wouldn't feel comfortable asking someone for their ID. I like to allow people to be discreet if they wish to. Several months ago, I met this young lady for the first time at a restaurant in Charlotte. We both decided to order a drink (she said she was of age). When the waitress asked to see her ID, she pulled this crumpled piece of paper out of her pocket and said it was a temporary ID. The waitress looked it over for a while and then showed a waiter. Then they excused themselves and went over and showed it to the manager and they were all examining it intensely and looking over at her. The waitress came back over and said, "We're not going to serve that girl alcohol." lol

So you might want to leave it to the professionals and offer to take them out for a drink. If you're worried about 18, you could always wait until voting season and see if they can get through the line. In my case, of course, she turned out to be completely legit and all was well.

• Haha 2

I've always known anyone who has spanked me intimately or they were well known by a mutual friend.

If I didn't know the person, I'd ask for I.D.  purely in case anything went wrong so to speak.  I would want all of their information written down.

I have been someone's safe call before and had them check the spankers I.D. as well as relay the information back to me.  

Do what makes you feel comfortable! I met someone in person one time. Flew halfway across the country to do so. Waited to check the ID until in the car on the way to the hotel. Fortunately this person was more than reputable but I had no safe call and the reality is that it could have ended very badly. 

I also speak with people online (apart from this community) and before I would speak to my one friend about adult spanking (versus parent/child spanking Ageplay) I made her send me her ID even though it wasn't an in person thing. 

• Like 2

I check ID if you are under drinking age. Especially (and no offense intended to the 18 year olds who are just starting) because this site has had SEVERAL instances of younger teenagers coming on and claiming to be 18.

Yes! I didn't realize that had happened on this site. On another site I was a part of that is now shut down I actually came across someone who attended the high school I graduated from. I did check ID and they were 18 but it was just waaaay too much of a coincidence. The good thing is that he was able to verify me in a 'vanilla' way because I was a tutor and some of the teachers I knew were still teaching there. But we only met the once!

On 3/27/2019 at 10:25 AM, Child of Light said:

I'd check ID and background check on the person (i.e to make sure they have the capability to consent); just because someone is of the age of 18, doesn't mean they have the legal mental capacity to consent to a BDSM (written or not) contract.

You make an excellent point here thought I would hope that any Spanker would make sure that they had properly explored the ability of the other party to consent. This is part of why I really prefer having spanking be part of a committed relationship, that way you have established that they can consent to it. This is just my opinion but I also think there is a certain something more in the spanking if it is accompanied by the fact that the Spankee is being corrected for something that the relationship.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Scooterisawolf said:

You make an excellent point here thought I would hope that any Spanker would make sure that they had properly explored the ability of the other party to consent. This is part of why I really prefer having spanking be part of a committed relationship, that way you have established that they can consent to it. This is just my opinion but I also think there is a certain something more in the spanking if it is accompanied by the fact that the Spankee is being corrected for something that the relationship.

I agree. Personally, it means much more to be spanked by someone who genuinely cares about you and is dissapointed in your behavior. Otherwise, its just a guy spanking a womans butt, with no meaning. 

3 hours ago, Spankz98 said:

I agree. Personally, it means much more to be spanked by someone who genuinely cares about you and is dissapointed in your behavior. Otherwise, its just a guy spanking a womans butt, with no meaning

I agree also about the care factor.

• Like 1

On 11/23/2018 at 5:49 PM, snowplow03 said:

I certainly would. They'd get a background check, too.