Hope

New Memoriam Group

A new member group called "Memoriam" has been created for those members that have passed away.

Once a member of our staff receives confirmation of a member passing, Their account will be locked and placed into the memoriam group. The purpose of this group is to allow that member's contribution to our community to continue after their passing.

This group will be searchable, which means if you wish to find that members posts, you will be able to search for them. 

• Like 3

You have Hardhanded? He enjoyed SN so much! I miss him every day. 

• Like 1

Yes, He was the first to be added to the group. 

• Like 1

Very good idea;) thanks for all you do to make this a truly great site for ee's and er's

Thank you Hope. He would be touched. Probably make a silly joke too. 

Fantastic idea ! I lost a close friend last year and we did a similar thing with her facebook page to share photos etc and keep her memory alive. It's amazing how she is still very much with us in spirit.

• Like 1

Has the Memoriam group has already been made?  Where is it?  I'm also glad Hardhanded will be remembered. I thought about him last week. When Ieft a pot of tea on the stove and went to work. He shared with me once that  things like that deserve a harsh spanking. Told me he had been a volunteer fireman and had seen homes and places burned for carelessness like mine.   I sure do miss chatting with him. He was great to talk to. 

• Like 1

Yes, it has been created. It can be found by clicking search, then choose member search, then uncheck all groups except memoriam and those members in that group will be displayed. 

• Thanks 1

What???? HardHanded passed away :( I didn't know that. I just thought he wasn't on much anymore

HardHanded passed away? He was such a warm and kind guy. He talked to me when he was online for no other reason than to be sweet and kind. Wow, I'm so sad. I wish he could read this now.

On 11/12/2018 at 8:20 AM, Hope said:

Yes, it has been created. It can be found by clicking search, then choose member search, then uncheck all groups except memoriam and those members in that group will be displayed. 

I found the group, but before clicking search, etc, I had to click on the “Activity” tab.  This is a good thing you’ve done, Hope...