threefourthsangel

Taking Care of The Toys So They Can Take Care of You!

Ok, I have a Question. I have a very expensive strap that's pure leather. How do I clean it and condition it? I've had this strap two years it's been used only a few times but needs cleaned and if course conditioned. 

Can someone give me advice? I mean if I'm going to spend good money I'd like to take care of my tots properly. 

MissCassie 

Baking soda solution used sparingly works, also use a good conditioning oil, linseed oil or even saddle soap to keep it supple

Cleaning is easy with most types of soap, just make sure to dab as opposed to immerse

The key to good care of your toys is knowing what to use with them for sure! Leather needs some sort of moisture, perferrably a conditioning oil or saddle soap like Needsitbad stated. I wouldn't say you need to do this often, certainly once every few weeks to be sure. Don't just soak it like a tool in oil, massage it in gently, get the oil over every part of the leather you want to keep up and let it soak in well, and it'll last years longer!

Next time I am in your area, I wouldn’t mind taking your toy out for a spin ?

I use Mink oil on my leather "toys"  works really well.

Oh, dear Angel. I just assumed you were an ER. This could be fun. How about both our butts?

I'm mostly "ER" but I do have needs on occasion as a "ee". I switch but after 16 years my role is spanking those deserving bottoms that need it! ;D

MissCassie 

• Like 2

I have some leather from Cane-iac, but they claim it shouldn’t need anything.  ??‍♀️  I will keep an eye on it....

I sell made-to-order leather straps, tawses and paddles.  My advice is that they rarely need anything applied to them; I have leather goods that are fifteen-plus years old and I have never treated them with anything; as a professional Disciplinarian, I tend to use my implements more often than many other people do.  As has been said previously, if the leather starts to crack, then rub in some saddle soap, dubbing, etc.  Don't soak the implements, use oils etc. sparingly, keep them away from dry heat (radiators, etc.).

To help with cleanliness, only let the 'shiny' side make contact with the flesh.  The shiny side has a bit more sting and can easily be cleaned with an anti-bac wipe or similar after each use.  

Here's an easy method with ingredients that can be found at any grocery store....

Background: I grew up on a small family ranch. My grandfather raised cattle, but his true passion was training horses and mules, which he was well known for. He was a stickler on the care of his saddles, bridles, wagon harnesses, and other equipment. He showed us the way that he himself had been taught by a master saddler who hand-crafted high-end saddles.

Clean the leather with Murphy's Oil Soap. (Mix with warm water, going a little heavy on the Murphy's. Dip a soft clean rag into the solution, then ring out the rag well before applying. You don't want leather getting saturated.) Rub the leather down well. Once the clean leather has had plenty of time to air dry, rub a high grade of olive oil into it (just don't use extra-virgin). Grandpa followed this path instead of using standard saddle soap and neatsfoot oil-- and his leather was always beautiful-- clean, strong, and supple.

I personally use Lexol to keep my leather clean and upkeep. They make an entire line of products that prevents cracking and wear and tear are lessoned if used correctly.

Chawsee, I wish I had your advice when I was restoring letter in my old cars!  Thanks for the tip on olive oil