taylor80

What's good where you are ?

This isn't one of those gee isn't everything great posts because that's just not true but I was travelling in my local area ( Essex in the UK - we're the county east of London basically ) and whilst we have are share of problems and sometimes a bad image I just noticed genuinely how beautiful our skies are when cloudy. We get these metallic grey/almost translucent gunmetal blue skies that I've honestly never seen anywhere else. I did try to get a photo but was moving too fast on the train. I've also considered myself a realistic person not a hopeful one but I will point out what I think is good around me if I can.

Also Essex people ( in most cases ) once you get to know us are about the friendliest down to earth people ever even with our accent(s). Very proud to come from here.

• Like 1

I'm from Michigan, which people often associate with urban decay, unemployment, and pollution.  Those things are there, but so is this, the Upper Tahquamenon Falls in autumn:

Tahquamenon falls.gif

• Like 6

My home city hosts a wealth of architecturally significant structures, world renown universities, powerful free market institutions like the CBOT, marvels of civil engineering but here it will be the Vienna Beef hot dog, properly accompanied by only sanctioned condiments that truly make this a unique place ☺

beer-hotdog.jpg

• Like 1

I have been and lived in many places around the world and in the US. I live in a small, quaint New England seaside town, with many beautiful homes. I could live in a lot worse place, I know this for a fact.