Spanking Needs Forums

Spanking in movies and culture after WWII

• 9 months later...

After WW II Lots of movies had spanking scenes. My favorite was the end of THE BAS SEED.

Many John Wayne movies had spanking scenes. I firmly believe John Wayne And Maureen O'Hara were spankos like us

• Like 2
13 hours ago, otkpantsdown 49 said:

After WW II Lots of movies had spanking scenes. My favorite was the end of THE BAS SEED.

Many John Wayne movies had spanking scenes. I firmly believe John Wayne And Maureen O'Hara were spankos like us

I LOVE these old movies and one of the things that made me feel not so alone as a spanko when I was growing up...I definitely agree there were spanko overtones in many of those movies!

• Like 1
  • 2 months later...
On 5/6/2019 at 6:52 AM, otkpantsdown 49 said:

OMG just imagine John Wayne giving a nice hard bare-bottom spanking to Maureen O'Hara.  Maybe even with a belt or hair-brush.  That would be a scene to rival the gods.  :rolleyes:

• Like 1
  • 4 months later...

I feel I must tell a short story. I was dating a girl about my age.  40's at the time. We decided to rent a movie VHS remember those? Blockbuster Video. Any way we rented McClintock with John Wayne. I had forgotten about the spanking scenes.

During the first part of the movie a character ( Played by The DUKE's son) spanks Stephane Powers.  My girlfriend said: " That probably turned her on!"  My reply was " Would that turn you on?"  Her reply "YES"   We never saw the end of the movie.

• Like 4
  • Haha 4
  • 1 month later...

I wonder if anyone can help me track down a spanking clip from a  mainstream movie. I think it was in a Scandinavian language, at any rate it was subtitled in English when I saw it. A couple are making love in the woods when two men come alone, carrying scuba gear. After arguing with the woman one of the scuba guys grabs her and spanks her while the other prevents her lover for interfering. Saw it once and could never find it again.

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/16/2020 at 6:47 PM, jpbeausejour said:

I wonder if anyone can help me track down a spanking clip from a  mainstream movie. I think it was in a Scandinavian language, at any rate it was subtitled in English when I saw it. A couple are making love in the woods when two men come alone, carrying scuba gear. After arguing with the woman one of the scuba guys grabs her and spanks her while the other prevents her lover for interfering. Saw it once and could never find it again.

I think this might be a Danish short, Udflugt. I can't find a clip, but here's a description:

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt1645938/?ref_=vp_vi_tt_p

• 3 weeks later...

There was a movie that had a big influence on me with my attraction to spanking.  It was "Tammy tell me True" with Sandra Dee.  No actual spanking takes place but it's inferred in a scene were Tammy is babysitting the rowdy boys of some liberal minded college professors.  They tie balloons to a kitten as a experiment.  Tammy recuses the cat, tells them she'll take a hairbrush to their bottom if she catches them torturing the cat anymore. One of the boys chirps in "is that some new child rearing technique", and Tammy responds that she thinks it's been used plenty.  I was totally in love with Sandra Dee in that film, and would have given an arm to be put over her knee and had her take a hairbrush to my bottom.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

That opening article was, strictly speaking about ugly sexism in contemporary culture and society. You can predictably now find these clips on YouTube under titles like "How movies were punishing liberated women for decades" and so on. Discussion under these videos is funny like it is typical for YT...

Anyway, I won´t be hypocrite and will kinda always gladly watch this.  

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/11/2020 at 11:09 AM, Miras-Etrin said:

That opening article was, strictly speaking about ugly sexism in contemporary culture and society. You can predictably now find these clips on YouTube under titles like "How movies were punishing liberated women for decades" and so on. Discussion under these videos is funny like it is typical for YT...

Anyway, I won´t be hypocrite and will kinda always gladly watch this.  

You hit the nail on the head.  There are those who view all of this thing we do through a politically correct prism, and wind up distorting it beyond recognition in the media and, 50 Shades of Grey not withstanding, in the public imagination.  But, I think the joke is on them.  In 100 years, when spanking is just another normal sexual preference, our descendants will watch such movies and get the same tinge of excitement as we do now.  The day will come when stuffy conflicted prudish nitwits and all their hang-ups will be gone, and the spankos will be enjoying a golden age.  

• Like 2
  • 1 month later...

Those movies reflect bygone attitudes and culture, many of which we find distasteful today. One them indeed is that women who fail to conform in certain ways, like being submissive to the males in their lives, are deserving of physical punishment. The premise is that women are childish, therefore they should be disciplined in the traditional way naughty children were. Of course that belief has become one that is no longer accepted.

And of course we should never confuse movies and real life. Its one thing to enjoy videos or fiction about spanked wives and girlfriends. But the plain simple truth is that in r/l a nonconsensual spanking, for example a husband spanking his wife for wearing shorts in public, is assault, abuse.

And spankings on screen that operate under different dynamics can still work in. Take the wonderful Weeds spanking.

And why should it always be men spanking women? I would have loved to see Lucy Lawless as Xena spank some of the other ladies on that show, or them spank her. And how wonderful it would have been on Buffy the Vampire Slayer if she and her pal Willow had upended and soundly spanked the snooty, bitchy Cordelia! Or if Buffy's Mom had spanked her, like sometimes when she'd sneak out when grounded. 

• Like 1
  • 8 months later...

I think the trouble is that those movies don't come with a disclaimer educating people on the difference between kink and abuse. For a non-spanko, those scenes do read as abuse. They rarely include any explicit consent. Sometimes they're decidedly not consensual by any stretch of the imagination. And they do build on sexist tropes.

For at least some of us, playing with those sexist tropes may be part of the fun. But if you don't know it's play, it's just awful sexism.

And when the romantic spanking is always M/F and nothing else, then it starts looking like spanking roles are equal to gender roles.

In a perfect spanko world, movies would be available that show more than one kind of dynamic, show consent, and everyone would be clear on what's consensual kink and what's abuse. Abuse would not be glorified--if it were shown in a movie, it would be the villain doing it, not the hero--but no one would think anything of people getting turned on by a spanking scene.

2 hours ago, Bramblewine said:

For at least some of us, playing with those sexist tropes may be part of the fun. But if you don't know it's play, it's just awful sexism.

yeah for me that IS kind of the appeal of these old movies...there's something very ironic and kind of forbidden about the sexist paranoid 50s world... But as you say it's awful sexism if you take it literally...and people do...

• Like 2
  • 1 month later...
On 5/6/2019 at 9:52 AM, otkpantsdown 49 said:

I guarantee you that Director John Ford was!