47 minutes ago, OneChance said:

I want to ask a close friend of mine to spank me. I feel like I'd be comfortable with her more than a stranger. And I think she is likely to be okay with doing this. We are close friends and have shared many intimate things, but I have not shared this one thing with her, my fascination my need to be spanked. Despite how close we are and my certainty that she will be okay with it, I am still nervous to ask her to spank me? How do I approach this topic? Had anyone else had experience with asking a friend to spank them?

it's always nervewracking to start this topic, whether it's a friend, stranger, or even a spouse. After you have opened up it will become more casual to talk about.

If this is something you think you need, you trust them enough to at least discuss it, come up with the key benefits beforehand, and at least see what you friend has to say.

If it is beneficial and you make very good points/suggestions I'm sure they will at least consider it, and ask questions via conversation... the worst that can happen is you end up with a stinging butt! I don't think a friend would abandon you for seeking their help. Goodluck!

• Like 2

As close to her as you say you are, I think it would be easy to introduce spanking into a conversation with her.  Then, see how she reacts.  I would not advise asking for a spanking out of the blue because it could be awkward.  You might start by asking her if she has ever been spanked or if she has spanked someone.  I suspect the conversation would progress on its own from there.

• Like 2
19 hours ago, ax013 said:

Have you considered how it might change the nature of your relationship? 

Yes, I've given this a great deal of thought. I must admit that while it makes me a little nervous to imagine how our friendship would change, it excites me more than anything. We've been friends for 17 years, so we're very close and have shared everything in our lives. I actually think this is the only secret I have left at this point.

I think if she was ok with this, we could manage the change in our friendship. If she wasn't ok with doing it, I know we'd be able to move past it. I believe I might struggle with a bit of embarrassment after telling her, but again, we've been friends for 17 years so we've shared more embarrassing details than this with one another. 

Sorry if I'm rambling... Lots on my mind

• Like 1
19 hours ago, ForeverHerLove said:

it's always nervewracking to start this topic, whether it's a friend, stranger, or even a spouse. After you have opened up it will become more casual to talk about.

If this is something you think you need, you trust them enough to at least discuss it, come up with the key benefits beforehand, and at least see what you friend has to say.

If it is beneficial and you make very good points/suggestions I'm sure they will at least consider it, and ask questions via conversation... the worst that can happen is you end up with a stinging butt! I don't think a friend would abandon you for seeking their help. Goodluck!

I think you might mean the best thing I end up with... Though maybe my opinion would change after the fact :)

I had spanking come up unintentionally in conversation with a friend.  (I think it was a birthday spanking joke) she kept coming back to it... has seen some implements at this point.  She wants to maybe try something but we have not yet.  I guess what I’m saying is.  Just because we have got it in our head that sharing what we do will end badly, it doesn’t mean it will.  Good Luck.

• Like 1

This topic caught my attention because a while back my hubby mentioned to our friend that I was seeking to be spanked like for discipline.  I had never experienced a real punishment spanking back then and was actually talking to my hubby about finding a mentor or disciplinarian to be the one to administer my first spanking. I felt so akward when one day while picking something up at our friend's house (it was just our friend and I there....my hubby was away at work and his wife was at her work too). Our friend brought the topic up of spanking. He had so many questions for me about it. He wanted to know the why I felt I wanted to be spanked and I had to explain that more than a want, I felt it was more of a need. He tried hard to understand that. He asked if I wanted it to hurt. I told him I'd hope to one day be spanked to tears. He was like wow. He asked how I felt I needed to be spanked, with hand, with belt or something else?  He was so intrigued. He asked if it would be on the bare or over clothing. I told him that it would start over clothing and end on the bare.  Then I was shocked when he offered to be the one to spank me. I told thanked him for volunteering, but I shared with him that I didn't want it to put a strain in our friendship. Like what would his wife think?  Apparently, my hubby was okay with him spanking me, because he was someone we knew. Hubby was afraid of me meeting some psycho and he knew our friend wouldn't hurt me.  I had to tell our friend no. He told me to think about it. That his offer was there if I ever felt the need to be spanked and he added that if it was cuddling after the spanking that I needed that he'd do that, too.   I really did think about it days after, but I had to keep telling myself that no, it wouldn't work. I felt that if a guy who doesn't believe in spanking your offspring for discipline then how can he believe in spanking and adult for discipline. I just couldn't go through with it with my friend. It's been about 3 years or so since he made that offer of spanking me. We're still very good friends. I'm glad the topic hasn't been brought up with him again. It was pretty awkward the first time! 

• Like 1
14 hours ago, Powpaulie said:

This topic caught my attention because a while back my hubby mentioned to our friend that I was seeking to be spanked like for discipline. 

You were nonchalant about the hub 'mentioning' this to a friend?  I'd be upset.

6 hours ago, ax013 said:

You were nonchalant about the hub 'mentioning' this to a friend?  I'd be upset.

Upset with the hubby? Yes. I was a bit, but the friend is a close friend.  The topic hasn't been brought up again, so I'm glad.  It was a year later after that awkward conversation that I finally met up with a mentor for my first ever punishment spanking experience. It was a good one.  And I know have a local mentor who sees to my disciplinary needs and is hubby approved.  I'm happy my hubby supports me in this. More than just being very fortunate, I am blessed! 

• Like 4
21 hours ago, Powpaulie said:

I really did think about it days after, but I had to keep telling myself that no, it wouldn't work. I felt that if a guy who doesn't believe in spanking your offspring for discipline then how can he believe in spanking and adult for discipline. I just couldn't go through with it with my friend. It's been about 3 years or so since he made that offer of spanking me. We're still very good friends. I'm glad the topic hasn't been brought up with him again. It was pretty awkward the first time! 

I agree with you that something was not right about it.... Without accusing him of anything, glad you felt you had to say no., That intuition, gut feeling for guys LOL, is so important especially when offers are made to help with spanking.

Glad all is well and you are still good friends, without him bringing that up again! 

• Like 1
On 7/26/2018 at 6:58 AM, OneChance said:

We've been friends for 17 years, so we're very close and have shared everything in our lives. I actually think this is the only secret I have left at this point.

If you haven't talked to her already that might be a way to start. You could work into the conversation that she knows all of your secrets except one. She will probably be curious to know what the secret is. 

On 7/25/2018 at 12:05 PM, OneChance said:

I want to ask a close friend of mine to spank me. I feel like I'd be comfortable with her more than a stranger. And I think she is likely to be okay with doing this. We are close friends and have shared many intimate things, but I have not shared this one thing with her, my fascination my need to be spanked. Despite how close we are and my certainty that she will be okay with it, I am still nervous to ask her to spank me? How do I approach this topic? Had anyone else had experience with asking a friend to spank them?

I haven't ever asked a friend to spank me. I did share my interest with a long time friend a few years back though. I trusted her and we were real close. I didn't think she'd be judgemental even if she didn't agree or understand. Crazy enough, she said if I ever needed punished for something, she'd be more than willing lol

• Like 3

Back in my younger days,  (just starting out in this) I was more of a switch.  I had just given a spanking to my friend Chrissy.  We had a tremendous amount of fun because we had talked forever about it before we actually did it, and when the moment arrived to actually do it, we knew exactly what each other wanted.  She had even wore some special "spank panties" for the occasion just cause she thought I would enjoy it more.  After I had given her several spankings, (as we went through several scenarios) I was very worked up.  I asked her if she might consider spanking me.  We had never talked about that before, this was just kind of "out of the blue."  She surprised me and said yes, as if she was ready to "jump at the chance.  All this time, I had thought she was an EE, turns out she was a switch, she just never told me. She got me held into place, took down my underpants, and began to spank me with her hand.  WOW! Did she ever surprise me!? She spanked me long, and hard. She was relentless.  That added a previously untried dimension to or spanking lifestyle.  She spanked me 4 other times after that, but the first one is the one I remember the most.  

These days, I am strictly a giver rather than a receiver.  But every now and then, I have fond memories of days gone by.  Sometimes, all you need to do is just simply, "Ask." 

• Like 1

A long time ago I made a joke about a coworker needing a spanking for the way she talked to her husband. Her face turned blood red and she ran off to her office. Later that day  she came into my office to explain why she ran off. Turned out she had been trying to get her husband to spank her for months and he made fun of her at first then told he just couldn't do it but told her she could find someone to spank her if she wanted. Now this is and was the most bashful young lady I've ever met so I half figured he said that because he knew she would never ask anyone. I was just as close a friend to him as I was her so I told her to tell him I had agreed to spank her as long as he told me it was OK. I didn't want any secrets going on. That was the best two years I ever had! The only reason it ended was he had a change of heart and decided to do it himself.So you never know … you can bring it up in a joking or teasing manner and look for reactions.

• Like 2
28 minutes ago, IMSOMEAN said:

A long time ago I made a joke about a coworker needing a spanking for the way she talked to her husband. Her face turned blood red and she ran off to her office. Later that day  she came into my office to explain why she ran off. Turned out she had been trying to get her husband to spank her for months and he made fun of her at first then told he just couldn't do it but told her she could find someone to spank her if she wanted. Now this is and was the most bashful young lady I've ever met so I half figured he said that because he knew she would never ask anyone. I was just as close a friend to him as I was her so I told her to tell him I had agreed to spank her as long as he told me it was OK. I didn't want any secrets going on. That was the best two years I ever had! The only reason it ended was he had a change of heart and decided to do it himself.So you never know … you can bring it up in a joking or teasing manner and look for reactions.

Great story, sounds like you really enjoyed yourself. How long would a typical session last if you don't mind me asking?

On 7/26/2018 at 10:10 AM, OneChance said:

Well, we're hanging out tonight at her place tonight for a relaxing night of music and smoking (it's just our thing). So I'm steeling myself to begin this conversation today no matter what. I'm not going to ask her to spank me. I'm going just approach the topic today and see where she stands with it. I'm taking it slow. So unless the conversation naturally goes in that direction and presents the opportunity, I will not be asking her to spank me tonight. 

Thanks everyone for your input. It helps to talk about it a bit.

So, what happened?