Somthingrandom

Gift for Wife

Things are going really good with me and my wife right now in more than just spanking.

I travel alot and she is home with the kids...I need some fresh ideas for a gift and I am not too creative.

Already done:

Cards flowers, chocolates, Tops, dresses, skirts, robe, socks, pjs, panties (ok those were more for my enjoyment), custom cheese slicer, wine, massage gift certificate....I am running out of ideas.

Need some thoughts.  Let's' pretend I don't have a budget...but no new cars.

What about something for the two of you to do together? She can come visit for a weekend wherever you're traveling to (and leave kids with babysitter or relatives) or just a romantic dinner at a really hip place (Michelin star)?

For most mothers I know, some time without the kids is what they most value... and a place they can boast about to friends is a nice cherry on top

• Like 1

Some of this depends on what she likes best. Does she really love gifts?  Do they speak to her?  Or does spending time with her alone make her feel her best?  Or how about touch?  Massage or just the two of you cuddling with no other expectations? Or does she love words of affirmation best?  So a handwritten card telling what you love most about her and her best qualities. 

• Like 1

I agree with the previous posts.  All stellar ideas.

I was going to suggest a spa day, tickets to a show/dinner.  Maybe take her to where you proposed or a favorite before-marriage-and-kids hangout and sit together reminiscing/letting her know how grateful you are for her and for your life together.

If you are willing, would love to know what you decide.

~red~

• Like 1

So the things mentioned so far are already minimum expectations and not above and beyond...time alone, taking my turn with the kids, etc.  When I am home the expectation is I am already doing that.  I wish she could travel with me or visit...our current situation does not allow it...but we would both prefer it.

The suggestion of dinner, tickets etc from @redzonedefense_F was good...but we are in a rural community (which we enjoy) that is lacking in those things.

Presents that are unique speak to her...something with thought (hence a custom cheese slicer).  I used to find unique jewery but I have wore jewery out also.

So....I dug deep and remebered she was having trouble getting the various grained flours for bread she likes to make at most stores (rural area).  So I bought a mill attachment for our mixer and some bags of various grain.  Now she can have whatever she wants.  Hope she likes it....I got a box of chocolate too to sweeten the deal.

• Like 1

think about "X of the month" services. if she likes X, there's probably a service that will deliver a new dose of X to the door each and every month. I think probably all of the gift categories you mentioned above (including flour!) have some kind of service like that.

aside from that, if you travel frequently try picking up small souvenirs of your travels, it will help her remember you are always thinking about her :)

This isn't so much a gift, but an idea for some alone time when you are home.

Recently, I made a romantic picnic. The menu: Wine, Prawns & Cocktail Sauce, Olives, various cheeses, meats, cocktail breads, pasta salad, fresh fruit, etc. Dessert: chocolate covered fruits and homemade red velvet whoopie pies cut into heart shapes. 

I packed the food, dishes, glasses, utensils, etc into a fancy picnic hamper. We had the picnic on the bedroom floor, on a pile of blankets. It was quiet and romantic. Gave us a chance to catch up the little things we don't always have a chance to talk about. We both loved it.

• Like 2

Try Goldbely.com.  They offer fabulous gourmet AND comfort foods from well-known delis and restaurants.  It's not cheap, but things you could not otherwise obtain come right to your door.  We are rural also, so things are not as available local as they would be in a city.  No disappointments so far and I have used them 4 times.

@ax013 not cheep is right.  :o

I will keep it in mind though.  Thanks for the tip.

@Gator. A local store does a wine of the month I have considered...but usually more expensive than her pallet.  I need to find somebody who will run to aldi and deliver wine while I am gone.  Last time I bought a 20 dollar bottle I was told how good the 7 dollar aldi bottle was.  I am not going to complain though.

• Haha 1

I got home tonight.  After I got some swats with our wood paddle to welcome me home and settle me down from some stress during travel, she opened her gift and liked it.  Thanks everybody for playing along and giving me ideas.

• Like 1

Some of the most meaningful gifts don't require any money. Watch videos on how to improve your back massaging skills etc. light the candle, lather up (your hands) rub her back untill she falls asleep and then go to sleep without seeking any return.