Do any female spankees out there get annoyed by being called “young lady?” To me it sounds  cliche’ and stupid, not to mention belittling. Thoughts? 

• Like 1

It depends on who is saying it. If it's said from someone I respect then no, I don't mind. If it's said to me by a random person trying to show their dominant side and I haven't established any type of aquaintance/ friendship with them, then yes, it annoys me.

4 minutes ago, pandapaw22 said:

It depends on who is saying it. If it's said from someone I respect then no, I don't mind. If it's said to me by a random person trying to show their dominant side and I haven't established any type of aquaintance/ friendship with them, then yes, it annoys me.

Agree

I always thought that everytime I read it on this site, that some of you ladies would not find it appropriate.  I would not use it unless she indicated during discussion that it is a phase that she wants used.  Just because you are about to spank/discipline her does not mean you can just say and do anything.

6 minutes ago, Somthingrandom said:

I always thought that everytime I read it on this site, that some of you ladies would not find it appropriate.  I would not use it unless she indicated during discussion that it is a phase that she wants used.  Just because you are about to spank/discipline her does not mean you can just say and do anything.

Right!

I am not one that uses young lady often or perhaps never.  I usually just call a woman by her first name and try to make the spanking as personal as possible.  Believe me as a spankologist I really strive to tailor my spankings to the individual and calling the spankee by her first name is part of that.

• Like 2

I say it every once in awhile, sometimes it goes over well. but I`m going to stop, I kinda don`t like it and I`m glad you said something.

I've seldom been called young lady, but it wouldn't bother me...especially if my spanker is older than I am.  I'm one who enjoys pet names. My guy calls me "Little One" and I love it. 

Many use that phrase to get into the spankee's head and it works for some.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Works for me if the person is older or the relationship merits it - I'm not typically a humble person and those words tend to humble me a bit which help make me listen to whatever comes after them.

I would hate to be called by my first & last name ... that I would find childish.

To which it's own? :)

• Like 1

Yeah it's a pretty tired, worn out, completely unoriginal thing to say.   Come on now, use some imagination.  I know it can be hard. 

I only use it if I'm being completely sarcastic in a totally moronic sort of way.   Like if I'm trying to be the biggest, stupidest cliche I can think of.  I don't know< I have a weird sense of humor. 

• Like 1

Actually the words " Young Lady" works well for me puts me in the correct headspace especially if my Spanking session is for discipline. Not all words work for all spankees that's why it is important to have good communication with the Spanker to let them know what works for you.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, sweetpea said:

Actually the words " Young Lady" works well for me puts me in the correct headspace especially if my Spanking session is for discipline. Not all words work for all spankees that's why it is important to have good communication with the Spanker to let them know what works for you.

Ok, I’ll admit, it used to make me “excited” when I was submissive. 

• Haha 1

I'm in the same camp as sweetpea. If the relationship between you and the one who disciplines you  is one of trust and you have discussed it (and hopefully much much more) then it's fine and personally I just purr whenever it's used in that context.

• Like 2

Honestly, it doesn’t bother me if it’s coming from someone I’m close to or outside the lifestyle dynamic.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, dLove said:

Do any female spankees out there get annoyed by being called “young lady?” To me it sounds  cliche’ and stupid, not to mention belittling. Thoughts? 

I agree with most of the others, that it really depends on whom and where. I had a Vice Principal call me that, in front of students, when I was just out of university and doing supply work. Yes, I was young but he knew I was not a student and I made a formal complaint about it and other things he said and did. If anyone ever called me that at work there would be some conversations to follow. But I am older now so it isn't likely to happen. I was called that by someone at church last year. It took me back for a moment until I realized that to his 88ish years (and he had known me for nearly 30), I was a young lady. It felt like someone had asked me for ID to prove I was old enough to drink (which was a good feeling).

As far as spanking goes, anyone I have agreed to let spank me, could call me that and it wouldn't bother me. Might even put me in the appropriate head space or make me feel young again. I do sometimes find some of the ways it is used can be a bit pejorative - when older men talk about how many young ladies could "do" with some fatherly discipline. It borders on the implication of 'whether they want it or not', which starts to make the consent lines a little blurred, especially when I am convinced that they actually mean "young" ladies.

Now, "Missy" would be a whole other story!:) I wouldn't let my mother call me that, or rather I wouldn't respond when she did. If my spanker called me that, it might be one of the few times I would purposely give some serious sass.

• Like 3

OK, another perspective.

I use the phrase "young man" from time to time.   I have a maternal leaning and it goes part and parcel with that.

These are fellas with whom I am well-acquainted and it had never been problematic.

I am respectful of boundaries and would not if they took issue, of course.

But, like others have mentioned, it tends to get one into a certain headspace rather quickly. 

Oh, LateBloomer, totally agree on 'Missy!'

~red~

• Like 3

"Young Lady" is not a term I use, however it really depends on the situation, the people involved and the likes and dislikes of the parties.  Personal preference of mine is to use the first name or a pet/nickname.  

16 hours ago, dLove said:

Ok, I’ll admit, it used to make me “excited” when I was submissive. 

Yeah I don't get it...so are you just trolling us or what?  You say you think "young lady" is belittling then you completely reverse course and say "naw actually I think it's exciting" (when you're a submissive.)   Yeah, that's sorta sending mixed signals, so where do you truly stand...just curio. :P

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AfterGeometry said:

Yeah I don't get it...so are you just trolling us or what?  You say you think "young lady" is belittling then you completely reverse course and say "naw actually I think it's exciting" (when you're a submissive.)   Yeah, that's sorta sending mixed signals, so where do you truly stand...just curio. :P

@AfterGeometry you should know by now that women are allowed to and frequently change thier minds.  :rolleyes:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

6 hours ago, Somthingrandom said:

@AfterGeometry you should know by now that women are allowed to and frequently change thier minds.  :rolleyes:

Yes "young ladies" you do confuse us males at times:)

Thanks dLove for the thread.. An interesting one!

With F friends of mine who are into spanking, I will at times use  "young lady". Generally in a one on one conversation or around other spankees. ... A good friend once asked me not to say that (we were at the airport and she was flying away) as it "does something to me right away" and finding her flight out of the Denver airport she did not want that mindset! 

• Like 1

I don’t mind it if it’s used organicly. It puts me in the correct head space. 

On 3/4/2018 at 10:07 PM, dLove said:

Eh, I don't think I'd have a problem if he said it.  He doesn't use that or any other type of "name".  

On March 4, 2018 at 11:51 PM, ISPANK said:

I am not one that uses young lady often or perhaps never.  I usually just call a woman by her first name and try to make the spanking as personal as possible.  Believe me as a spankologist I really strive to tailor my spankings to the individual and calling the spankee by her first name is part of that.

You took my words right outta my mouth. If the best you can come up w is "young lady" like its a little house on the prarie, michael landon-style thing to say you probably dont deserve the honor of paddling the "young lady". By using her name and using it often it reinforces to her that the punishment is hers and not intended for any other lady, young or otherwise. Women go to dizzying lengths to look young. They most likely dont need to hear the person about to paddle her put in his two cents regarding her looking young. To a woman it probably sounds patronizing coming from a man who prob has no idea what goes into looking like a younger type person anyway. I dont think is so much offensive as creatively bankrupt. Especially considering that a man about to paddle her probably is more concerned w her backside than any youthful glow she has cultivated. I say probably because not ALL men are perverts. Theres that one guy who isnt and hes probably too busy not the dude for this job. 

On March 5, 2018 at 1:04 PM, LateBloomer said:

I agree with most of the others, that it really depends on whom and where. I had a Vice Principal call me that, in front of students, when I was just out of university and doing supply work. Yes, I was young but he knew I was not a student and I made a formal complaint about it and other things he said and did. If anyone ever called me that at work there would be some conversations to follow. But I am older now so it isn't likely to happen. I was called that by someone at church last year. It took me back for a moment until I realized that to his 88ish years (and he had known me for nearly 30), I was a young lady. It felt like someone had asked me for ID to prove I was old enough to drink (which was a good feeling).

As far as spanking goes, anyone I have agreed to let spank me, could call me that and it wouldn't bother me. Might even put me in the appropriate head space or make me feel young again. I do sometimes find some of the ways it is used can be a bit pejorative - when older men talk about how many young ladies could "do" with some fatherly discipline. It borders on the implication of 'whether they want it or not', which starts to make the consent lines a little blurred, especially when I am convinced that they actually mean "young" ladies.

Now, "Missy" would be a whole other story!:) I wouldn't let my mother call me that, or rather I wouldn't respond when she did. If my spanker called me that, it might be one of the few times I would purposely give some serious sass.

Wow finally. Someone who isnt ready to be offended by every little thing. If you realize that there are worse things to be called then you seem to be in the minority. I even like that youd sass whoever was going to spank you- shows heart. May you always be referred to as someone deserving of being called young. And may you find a spanker who will make your heart feel as warm as your backside. 

• Like 1