Poison's

Valentine's Day

Do you believe it's appropriate to get your Er or your Ee something for Valentine's Day if you are not romantically involved?

I've never gotten a gift for an Er that I wasn't romantically involved with.  I don't believe there's anything wrong with it though.  To me, Valentine's Day isn't only about expressing love to a romantic partner.

I've never been into Valentine"s day as far as all the romantic hoopla goes. I believe in showing my love and appreciation for the person I'm with all year long. I enjoy doing little things for him when he is least expecting it.

My boyfriend and I won't be together on Valentine's. He will be out of town with his son and I have to work. I am planning on surprising him with a romantic picnic on Thursday, but it's mainly because we won't see each other for 4 days.

To me it's a day to express your love...period. I've always bought gifts for my kids, flowers for my Mom, etc.

So, I don't feel it would be improper to buy a gift for your spanker or spankee. A nice new paddle maybe???

This weekend I set up a Bumble date for Wednesday. Just realizing (thanks to this thread honestly) that it's Valentine's Day. Girls out there, keep in mind that this is a first date and we've never met, would it being Valentine's Day impact it in any way for you? What I mean is would you act or approach it differently?

Personally It's like any other day to me, just a Hallmark holiday, but I'd be surprised if she wasn't well aware its Valentine's Day, but maybe that's a gender bias.

It might be appropriate....I mean I have been married and romantically involved with mine for several years and I am 800 miles away this week for work and got her nothing...so maybe, maybe not.  All depends.

I would not.  But read the previous statment as to the value of my opinion regarding valentine's day.

With mentor/mentee relationship; I feel it would cross too many lines and confuse an already complicated dynamic. 

Unless your handing out cookies or cards to a lot of people lol. Just giving your Spankee/ Spanker a gift could give off the impression of a crush. 

My spanker *is* my romantic partner tho. And so we are taking this special time to do somethings together :)