Pjc20021986

Non-Spanking Punishments

Curious if any spankees have been given any non-spanking punishments by their partner/tops? Corner time is obviously very common, I've heard of mouthes being washed out with soap for swearing or being mouthy/talking back, even some having to write lines. 

I'm wondering if these or any other non-traditional ones have been doled out to you when being punished? If so how did you react to it? Did you find yourself more prone to complain about or put up a fight on these other types of punishment or even say they are hard limits? Did you find these worse than the actual spanking? 

Spankers, any that you've given? I myself have only added spanks and given corner time. 

Being a submissive I've had a long lists of different punishments over the years. Some traditional and some not so traditional.

Spanking...Corner time,...Grounding...driving privileges being taken away...Only being allowed to leave the house if someone is with me...sent to bed early...Early bedtimes for a specific number of nights...mouth washed out with soap...nipple clamps...being plugged for a set period of time...writing lines...writing essays...writing research papers...writing poems to express reasons for behavior...Not being allowed to talk for a set period of time...been given a list of chores...been told to do yard work or pull weeds...have had to check in at certain times for a set amount of days, have had set plans taken away and I told I can't go and many more that a bit more personal.

I have no hard limits in my relationship so what he says goes. Fighting him or complaining would just lead to more punishment so there is no reason for it. I've tried and it didn't get me out of anything.

Yes some of these punishments are worse than a spanking. A spanking lasts so long, even the soreness. Punishments that last several days can feel much more painful by the time they are over. I hate any type of confinement so being grounded in any way, shape or form will absolutely drive me crazy.

• Like 3

I was helping a woman get in shape and I used some "fasting" punishments. She had to earn meals through activities she completed and when she ate, she had to wait roughly 10 seconds between each bite.

It worked quite well for her but I've never used it with anyone else.

56 minutes ago, shygurl said:

Being a submissive I've had a long lists of different punishments over the years. Some traditional and some not so traditional.

Spanking...Corner time,...Grounding...driving privileges being taken away...Only being allowed to leave the house if someone is with me...sent to bed early...Early bedtimes for a specific number of nights...mouth washed out with soap...nipple clamps...being plugged for a set period of time...writing lines...writing essays...writing research papers...writing poems to express reasons for behavior...Not being allowed to talk for a set period of time...been given a list of chores...been told to do yard work or pull weeds...have had to check in at certain times for a set amount of days, have had set plans taken away and I told I can't go and many more that a bit more personal.

I have no hard limits in my relationship so what he says goes. Fighting him or complaining would just lead to more punishment so there is no reason for it. I've tried and it didn't get me out of anything.

Yes some of these punishments are worse than a spanking. A spanking lasts so long, even the soreness. Punishments that last several days can feel much more painful by the time they are over. I hate any type of confinement so being grounded in any way, shape or form will absolutely drive me crazy.

Thanks shygurl. There were a few common ones I forgot that you mentioned like early bedtime and extra chores. That's great that you have so much trust in your relationship to have no hard limits and know that everything that is being done is for your own good. I can see the value in these other punishments in a DD relationship. I would have to assume that most of you spankees find some pleasure or at least excitement in being spanked and these other punishments may actually be more useful in deterring certain behaviors in the future. Hopefully you are only grounded for serious offenses since you hate it so much ?.

I can attest to your last paragraph personally. I'd say when I was around 14 or 15 due to a bad report card I was not allowed to go to a Patriots game in a couple weekends with my dad, uncle and cousin. I was looking forward to it for weeks, it was going to be my first tailgate experience and I was devastated. No pleading or promising worked and I ended up suffering that punishment and my younger brother went instead. I hadn't been spanked in at least a 2-3 years and while I don't think I ever offered to get one instead I do remember thinking that it be far more preferable. Some other punishments work better and are more memorable.

Here are some non-spanking punishments my Top has given Bedtime, writing assignment,  writing lines, journaling, corner time, mouth soaping, grounding, and  loss of privileges. 

On addition to all of those, there is also time out though not exactly sure of the diff bw time out & corner time.  I have also had the unfortunate experience of capsasin cream applied to my bottom/sit spots. 

Good Luck!!

I've been plugged with ginger root, and also had to remain bottomless or naked for rest of day or more after a spanking and sometimes before. 

A hard limit for me is mouth soaping but that's because I have major stomach issues and I'm not taking a chance.

I don't appreciate being shouted out especially in front of other people. Even on occasions when I've been fairly reprimanded at work I'd much rather someone tell me that I've screwed up in private quietly without trying to intimidate me. I always listen and try to make amends and don't make excuses but screaming at me simply because I've put a pen in the wrong place of something - @£^%  that '!

Being shaved smooth from the waste down, bottom wet, and your spanking witnessed.

• Like 1

Some people are into enemas.  It can be an effective alternative to spankings or even an addition to a spanking if you are interested in that. One of my mentees  enjoys a good enema on occasion.

I've been the giver (and the very rare recipient) of enemas (frequently), mouth soapings (rarely), and corner time (occasionally but more often than not after the first spanking and before the second, but always bare bottomed). All can be effective, depending upon what it is one is looking for.

Corner time (more to help me focus than for punishment), butt plug, figging, writing an essay, capsaicin cream, and grounding (from internet and fun reading). I hate grounding but it is usually used when I have too much to do and am getting distracted, so not exactly punishment usually. 

Most actual punishments are in person spankings. But sometimes I need something to help me until schedules jive and I can see my mentor. 

The spankings that I have received that went hand in hand with another punishment have been way more effective than a spanking alone....I pretty much always have to spend some time in the corner after. I had soap once (never want it again) and a couple half day and one full day groundings (where my choices were doing chores or sitting on my bed- no tv, no internet, no phone, no reading, nothing fun and bed super early). The extra punishments are not fun, but my spankings are pretty rare now because of them. At first I complained a little, but it's kind of part of the deal....so I try to be gracious about it- or at least not complain. 

Not off to a great 2018 with a spanking and grounding already but I had a couple by this time last year.

• Like 1

I've had groundings and have had to write lines before.  Neither of them seemed as bad as having an "In Sight" grounding.  In case someone doesn't know what that is, it's like being grounded, but having to stay within eyesight and/or a within a set distance from your Dom/Domme at all times. In my case, it was during all waking hours and within 10 feet of my spouse. When she moved, I had to move with her. Even though it was only for a week at the most, it seemed like it was a lot longer.  Thankfully I haven't earned that for quite a long time now

On 2/20/2018 at 6:30 AM, tyler1974 said:

I've had groundings and have had to write lines before.  Neither of them seemed as bad as having an "In Sight" grounding.  In case someone doesn't know what that is, it's like being grounded, but having to stay within eyesight and/or a within a set distance from your Dom/Domme at all times. In my case, it was during all waking hours and within 10 feet of my spouse. When she moved, I had to move with her. Even though it was only for a week at the most, it seemed like it was a lot longer.  Thankfully I haven't earned that for quite a long time now

Yikes this would be a tough one for me! 🙈

Im a guy who usually wears boxers but any time im grounded or have a longer term punishment, i usually get "boxer grounding" with it. Boxer grounding just kinda makes sure that at any time i can be spanked on a bare sit spot while the front of me is covered. Or if its done without dropping pants (public or speedy situation) then it guarantees only one layer over my sit spot. 

Boxer grounding just means that i cant wear boxers or anything long enough to cover my sit spot. It doesnt have to be panties, boy shorts, thongs,  quarter shorts, etc (unless otherwise specified). It can be mens little trunks or "man panties" as long as sit spot isnt covered. Makes me volerable sitting around the house and out during the day the constant feel of them is a constant reminder that you re in trouble...

I've be given quite a few punishments that weren't spanking.  I think most have been mentioned.  Can they be worse than a spanking, definitely.  I'd much rather be spanked than to be grounded from something or to be on a time restriction when it comes to being online.  Oh and that stupid cream.  Worst thing I ever bought.

12 minutes ago, Poison's said:

I've be given quite a few punishments that weren't spanking.  I think most have been mentioned.  Can they be worse than a spanking, definitely.  I'd much rather be spanked than to be grounded from something or to be on a time restriction when it comes to being online.  Oh and that stupid cream.  Worst thing I ever bought.

That cream should be donated or thrown out!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Child of Light said:

That cream should be donated or thrown out!

What an excellent idea!!

One I have used is for a female to not be allowed to sit on a toilet seat for a period of time. It does of course rely on trust  but can be very uncomfortable for the female