Zhal

How should I clean implements?

I'm going to MDSS's Naughty List Review next weekend, and I have a small selection of implements. As I want to get experience on the ER side of things, I've read that you should disinfect your implements between spankees. When shopping once, I looked for disinfecting wipes but instead was only able to find alcohol wipes. Will those be good enough? Thank you.

hi Zhal, in my opinion yes, those should be fine. You can also buy a bottle of rubbing alcohol and paper towels if that's easier, or even a large bottle of hand sanitizer, although that may be a little messy. Have fun next weekend! :)

Disinfectant wipes are good to use, but plain soap and water work as well. We have some acrylic and lexan implements that I throw in the top rack of my dishwasher.

I have wood conditioner that I use on our good wooden implements to keep them looking like new.

• Like 1

Shygirl ; I have several really nice wood paddles. They are coated well but I worry lysol wipes wild eat at the finish. Does the conditioner clean well or that for uncoated wood? Thanks for any help. 

I use the conditioner on all my wooden implements, treated and untreated. Just read the label on the conditioner and it will tell you what its good for.

Lysol wipes don't take my finish off. I wipe them clean and dry them immediately.