Spanking Needs Forums

Essays/Lines

It seems to work for some. I personally have never assigned line-writing to anyone I'm disciplining. And I would refuse to write lines if it were assigned to me. I had to do this a couple times as a kid. Never again!! My disciplinarian would have no choice but to spank me. 😂

• Like 1
  • 4 months later...

It has worked for me but now I’m more of what you call a analytical person anyway. So words tend to be more powerful to me. Meaning a person can really get in my head if used correctly. Which my mentor has mastered and used on many occasions. Now I feel the assigned essays for me were given as a way for me to work through/process things on my own. I say this because I can appear to be quite stubborn at times if I can’t see the logic in things. I also just can’t accept a person telling me cos i said so. So Doing the writing exercises helps me get to where he’s at on my own, if that makes sense. As for the lines, those tend to come with repeated minor offenses like saying whatever 🙄, which is a bad habit I have 😬. But it works for us which is all that matters 

Writing lines definitely work for me... the lines are imprinted on my head after copying 50 times... hands are sore and fingers go numb... I cried once doing lines...

In fact I hate it so much I'd rather get a spanking

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...

I have assigned lines and had them assigned to me. While I did not like them, I still can remember the lines I was required to write, and getting that line deep into my brain can help the behavior come true, as in, "I will always call if I am going to be late from work." (I always did after that punishment session.)

Better yet, though, is to have to state the line with each swat of the paddle. There was a great video clip of Spanking Teen Jessica where after each really hard swat she had to say, "F*ck is a word I am not allowed to say." Attaching the pain to the statement literally burns it into the memory and can be extremely effective. Since seeing that video years ago I have incorporated that technique into my punishments as a spanker, and the spankee has invariably commented on how effective it was.

• Like 1

I’m brand new here and recently received my first spanking over the knee of my new disciplinarian. But this shit about writing lines or essays or whatever is stupid. There’s no way I would want that! It would be no fun, and I would not hesitate  to tell him that! 

On 8/13/2017 at 8:00 AM, Poison's said:

You may seriously be one of the only spankers that I've run across to not believe in assigning lines or essays.  Your logic behind it makes perfect sense to me!

No, no, no girl!  Never share information!!!  LOL!  I have a problem keeping my mouth shut as well.  We may find that you and I get along greatly!!  I'll assume you are speaking of the post where I suggested a schedule and then suggested maintenance?  No thanks needed at all.  I'm always glad to help where I can.  I've come across plenty of hurdles myself over the years.  If that's not what you're referring to, please enlighten me.

I suppose I should have answered this question myself as well.  I've had lines and essays with previous mentors.  Lines normally ran around 500 and I'm honestly not sure if they helped.  I can say I still remember word for word the first line I got and that was years ago!!  Essays were typically 500 words or more and either was due by a certain time.

My Dom has never assigned lines and I don't know if he ever would.  He's had me do a few.  One was due within a few hours and I can't recall the number of words.  Another was 500 words due by the next evening.  The other (doing it now) is five pages on respect and it's due tonight.

As much as I hate doing essays, I do believe they have been beneficial for me.  It gives me time to focus on a certain topic and really dig deep so to speak.  I've learned the reasoning behind why I do certain things that I haven't had a clue on in years.

You seriously have to write five pages about respect? Do you think that helps you adjust your attitude? Wow, it would make me never want to screw up again. I just would not like that one bit! I don’t mind writing a couple sentences, but 5 pages?! How could you possibly come up with that much? 

The one time I assigned lines to a woman who just wasn’t getting it, she did the lines, mailed them to me and told me she’d rather gotten a spanking. 

That wasn’t a possibility at the time, but it shows me it works. 

• 1 month later...

My Top sometimes assigns me lines or a short essay. I am not a fan (big surprise), but I do appreciate the effectiveness as it reinforces the lesson.

When I was working with my previous mentor she used essay writing and lines on 2 separate occasions. In both cases they were used after spankings as a second punishment. The essay writing was reasonably effective as I was also sitting on a sore bottom. Writing lines just annoyed me so we decided to drop that one. In general I do better with a second spanking after corner time.

My wife and I have been together for a very long time. When we first met, for a variety of reasons my wife had issues. Many of them created by her mother, her upbringing situation and a short, messy, failed marriage at a young age.

As such to get her back on her feet and on track in life, whilst achieving all that she obviously could, we embarked down a pathway of exploration of her issues together. Punishment? No. Discipline? No. What did I choose to use my control of her for was to achieve an egalitarian, symbiotic relationship ... where she could explore herself and be her true self, in all ways.

This worked by me identifying to myself an issue which she needed to deal with to move herself forward .... Much like in an interrogation, one never asks a question which you do not already know the answer to. Ergo, I would be well aware of why she was doing what she was doing. However I would set her an essay to write. This was so she could discover it for herself, not by myself telling her. People learn best by experiential activities, not being 'told'. 

Therefore she would write the essay. This would not only make her dissect, examine and repeatedly think through her issue, but also of course create a starting dialogue point between us, allowing the subject to be thoroughly explored over days or sometimes weeks.  The major work done by my wife, on herself, took around 5 years. In that time she straightened her life and herself out. Came to understand her drives, needs and wants in life and in BDSM terms.

Let me say then, that this process works very well indeed.  It however relies upon the Alpha being entirely interested in the submissive as a whole person and their well being in all ways ... Plus an clear understanding/outlook that spanking and/or BDSM scene activity, simply does not require excuses or moralising. Rather it needs to be seen as entertainment requiring no more justification than standard coitus .... Otherwise the often deep seated issues of the submissive, will unfortunately be buried under some form of dominating role play.

• 1 month later...

My mentee, Tim, has been assigned a few disciplinary essays during Covid. He hates writing assignments like this, and truthfully, I'm not the biggest fan of them either. But they have been affective. If the essay is not well thought out and well written, it gets returned to him for a re-write. Producing a quality essay prompts deeper thinking and ends with a sense of accomplishment. In contrast, I see line-writing as mindless busy-work. Such tedious repetition accomplishes little more than monotony and boredom. For some ER/EE pairs, this may be all that's needed. But I want my spankee to end on a higher note than he started on, and to have grown a little in the process.

• Like 1
11 minutes ago, Chawsee said:

My mentee, Tim, has been assigned a few disciplinary essays during Covid. He hates writing assignments like this, and truthfully, I'm not the biggest fan of them either. But they have been affective. If the essay is not well thought out and well written, it gets returned to him for a re-write. Producing a quality essay prompts deeper thinking and ends with a sense of accomplishment. In contrast, I see line-writing as mindless busy-work. Such tedious repetition accomplishes little more than monotony and boredom. For some ER/EE pairs, this may be all that's needed. But I want my spankee to end on a higher note than he started on, and to have grown a little in the process.

Do the essays have to deal with improvements you want to see in his behavior ? How many rewrites before good old fashioned Discipline is ADMINSTERED by MS CHAWSEE? Line and essay writing is very HUMILATING and childish for the writer.

• Like 1

I remember at school when I was about 14 point blank refusing to write an essay as a punishment as I knew I hadn't done what I'd been accused of. The teacher backed down in the end. If however he'd sent me to the headmaster to be caned/slippered I'd have taken that for defying him but I still wouldn't have written that essay. As it was the headmaster who was a fantastic and fair man actually backed me up.

On 3/6/2021 at 1:26 AM, Herstingingpalm said:

Do the essays have to deal with improvements you want to see in his behavior ? How many rewrites before good old fashioned Discipline is ADMINSTERED by MS CHAWSEE? Line and essay writing is very HUMILATING and childish for the writer.

I’m Tim, the mentee that Miss Chawsee referred to here.  The essays were to address issues with my attitude.  She made me write about character, integrity and the caliber of man I am and how my behavior reflects that.  The 1st essay got sent back to me twice.  She didn’t accept it until the third time I submitted it!  The 2nd essay got sent back to me once, but my rewrite made the cut, LOL.  The 3rd essay I rocked on the first go-round!  Maybe I’m getting good at this, LOL.  Time for a different method of discipline, Miss Chawsee?

• Like 1
On 3/7/2021 at 11:10 AM, SpudStateSpanky said:

Time for a different method of discipline, Miss Chawsee?

Ha! :lol:  Nope. Even after we resume spankings, you're going to be assigned an essay when you need it. ;) 

• Sad 1
6 hours ago, Chawsee said:

Ha! :lol:  Nope. Even after we resume spankings, you're going to be assigned an essay when you need it. ;) 

And if I refuse to comply?  👿

• Like 1
17 hours ago, SpudStateSpanky said:

And if I refuse to comply?  👿

Refuse to comply? Hehe-- try that once, and you'll be able to answer this question yourself. :D

• Haha 1
13 hours ago, Chawsee said:

Refuse to comply? Hehe-- try that once, and you'll be able to answer this question yourself. :D

No, Ma’am, that’s Ok.  It was just a theoretical question.  😁

• Haha 1
On 8/13/2017 at 12:56 PM, sweetpea said:

I journal nightly and have writing assignments based on either things I want to change or something that is bothering me as part of journaling. This makes me look deeper inside myself to find answers. This has helped me greatly. My Top sets no word or page limit. 

I think where lines get assigned a lot, is when there is distance and a spanking can't be administered and punishments are deserved and while a lot of us are here for spankings for stress, discipline or fun, sometimes it ends up being mentoring long distance and then what? I like your journaling vs. lines because while one writes line, you may not be focused on reflecting or changing the behavior but having a writing assignment specifically voicing your reflection with no word limit shows you know what you should do, what to try next time, why you're sorry and here's a written statement you made yourself for why you can't get out of a spanking/punishment if you do it again. The Spanker can then see how well you're understand or judge your sincerity on being sorry and wanting to change. It sounds a lot like a written corner time. 

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...
On 8/12/2017 at 5:12 PM, Poison's said:

Most of us know that not all punishments work for everyone.  I came across someone complaining of lines that they had to do.  Saying how stupid they were.  What a waste of time they were.  They could be doing something more productive with their time.  The obvious solution to that problem would be to not continue the behavior that got you those lines to begin with.

Anyways, I'm just curious as to if people think lines or essays are an effective punishment.

I'd also like to get a rough idea of what it is you assign?  Is it merely 100 lines or do you do more like 500?  When it comes to an essay is it a few hundred words or a few thousand or do you not assign a number or words but a number of pages?

I've used line-writing on spankees with me, in between seeing them. Found them somewhat effective, and they came with reminder rules. With one, as she was repeating past behavior, I had her write lines expressing regret several hundred times in the week before seeing me next, and instructed her to write them bare bottomed, with a picture showing that. When she erred in whining about it, the next time I saw her, instead of sending her to the corner after her 1st of several spankings, I pulled a folding chair out, gave her orders to write a line until I told her to return to my knee, and she would write sitting in front of me on her bare, well reddened behind.