Spanking Needs Forums

Do you find spanking to be romantic?

I guess I am weird. To me there is no thought more romantic than a handsome man turning his lady over his knee. I would rather see spanking scenes in movies over sex scenes LOL. I really wish there were more romantic spankings in mainstream movies and TV shows. 

Does anyone else here find spanking to be romantic?

• Like 3

If you notify support, they can remove the duplicate post.  We all have different ideas about spanking.  Fortunately, I happen to enjoy all aspects, and definitely recognize the romantic element.

Intimate? Definitely. Therapudic? Very often is. Sexual? Can be. Romantic? I'm not sure I could classify spanking that way. I suppose it depends on the intent behind the spanking as to if it's an expression of romantic love or not.

I guess that depends on what you mean by romantic.

Romance can mean eroticism, amor, or some combination of both. 

When I think of romance, I imagine two people staring lovingly into each other's eyes over candle light. 

Sure, there's an erotic aspect of TTWD, but getting one's ass beat isn't really romantic. It's intimate and can be done with love. But I don't think of romance when I hear the word spanking. 

• Like 1

There is something very intimate going on, a connection that is 'deeply' romantic making the word itself seem shallow and not being able to describe.. just getting ready to be spanked by someone you submit yourself to... just being in front of him getting undressed for a spanking is deep and my hands would actually shake with some fear but with erotic excitement also as we also had a 'intimate time after' that connected us so strong...

Hmmm an interesting question indeed.  Throughout the years of me figuring out exactly what I wanted out of all of this, I've experienced plenty of thoughts and feelings.  For me, it's a very intimate experience and most definitely draws me closer to my s/o.  My feelings for him run deeper than any other relationship I've had and I think spanking is part of that.  I'm not sure if I would describe it as being romantic though.

Guest Warwick

I can find them intimate ( especially otk ) with the right person. To me a good spanking is about communication. If someone comes up and just whacks my ass I'm likely to throw them across the room and have done so at a fetish club whilst cross dressed. As Vince Neil ( Motley Crue ) singer once said "Just because we wear make up doesn't mean we can't kick your ass". Anyway I digress I think each spanking is different and what can feel romantic for some could feel punitive for others. It's that moment in time when spanker and spankee trust each other that's so important.

I have never found being spanked as romantic.  Instead, I feel being cared for and controlled which for some reason makes me fell more secure.

• Like 2
5 hours ago, ginan said:

I have never found being spanked as romantic.  Instead, I feel being cared for and controlled which for some reason makes me fell more secure.

That hardly surprisingly is the same for me.

• Like 1

I guess it depends on the definition of "romantic" here. If you think two people getting close emotionally,really caring for each other,making the receiver emotionally vulnerable is romantic, then yeah, it is romantic for me

I accept of myself that I can't really have a meaningful relationship without spanking. I have tried. It's not fair to me or the guy. So yes, spankings are a big part of romance.

• Like 3
  • 4 weeks later...

Yes, the way I view romance, there is indeed a very romantic aspect to everything about an expected spanking.  Hearing from ones lover that a spanking is due tonight, then the anticipation.Wanting to please a lover with the way I prepare for my correction, what I will wear, and how I will groom for the trip over his knees.  Then, the spanking itself, and his masterful way of slowly uncovering my clothed bottom, warming it just fast enough that I feel the sting of chastisement rise as the warmth of sensuality increases, too.  And the aftercare; how can anyone not think that is wildly romantic?  Such a wonderful way to get and feel ever so close to a strong lover.

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

I hear what you're saying, Rose, and I agree. I would describe spanking as intimate, two people sharing something private and sacred. And when one of them has their major erogenous zones exposed and is lying across the thighs of the other, it's natural, at least for some of us, to experience arousal. 

Romantic? No. Not at all. If you asked if there was a feeling of closeness or a connection then yes there is. I can't explain it to well. I COULD but it would be a long read and I have typed out my experience then erased it. And it's pretty R rated really but the emotion is intense which might make people uncomfortable. Maybe I'll get it right at some point. Or just post it and see the reaction. I've posted different ones and have gotten "nice story" but it's not a story. Maybe I took it the wrong way.