Sign in to follow this  
NaughtyPhil

Wood Choice

Funny you should mention it.  I'm working on my own.  I'm playing with design using hickory from the scrap bucket, right now.  Once I'm happy with shape and dimensions I'll invest in some thing with good density.  I'm gonna stick with wood, though.  It's got a warmth that appeals.  Poly-carbonate [Lexan] has a density higher than any wood I could hope to afford.  I do have something dense out of the bin [Mahoganny maybe, not sure] in a narrow size that I'll make something with and see how it comes out.  Will share as things develop.

Guest Warwick

I wish I could get another paddle made by Blue - I really miss him - had a couple of his implements shipped over to the UK. They were great for punishment self spankings and when I was being mentored online I was sentenced to that a number of times. It really helped. 

59 minutes ago, janetweiss said:

I'm a thud person, but part of me feels like I ought to have a maple paddle for patriotic reasons...

What about something with the shape of the maple leaf integrated?  Have them make it from "hard" maple, then engrave a leaf into the face of each side and fill the engraving with red dyed epoxy and sanded flush.

2 minutes ago, NaughtyPhil said:

What about something with the shape of the maple leaf integrated?

Too kitchsy :D I'm not THAT patriotic.

10 hours ago, janetweiss said:

I'm a thud person, but part of me feels like I ought to have a maple paddle for patriotic reasons...

Thank you for contributing to the forum again. Your insights are always welcome.  :D

My husband made a paddle out if scrap wood not sure what kind but it does the job and it is heavy we have had it for 11yrs.  I prefer the wooden paddle to anything else. The sting is there and i can last longer through the punishment and it leaves the desirable effect.

Whatever wood the traditional Mason Pearson hairbrushes were made from will do me nicely ! Both for spanking and being spanked.

I have the vintage Shadow Lane oak hairbrush which does an admirable job...  applied hard enough it can be very nearly unbearable.  I also have a small wooden teak paddle (also from Shadow Lane) which seems quite adequate.  Neither has ever failed to leave its recipient very, vey sore.

• Like 1