Getting a real spanking can be so noisy, especially if you've been bad enough, or disrespectful enough, to have your disciplinarian send you to get the hairbrush and tell you those panties have to come down.

What will the neighbors think? Has certainly run through a bad girl's or boy's humiliated mind as the spanking resumes and the sound carries-- to say nothing of the moans or cries inspired by the shame and sting.

By neighbors, of course I mean any sorts of nearby bystanders, whether in a hotel, motel, resort, apartment, or townhome.

Those hairbrushes, paddles, straps and belts can be loud, right?  What have you done to muffle the sound, to minimize it?  I have a few ideas about implements, masking and muffling, distracting sounds, etc.  Perhaps this has been covered before, but lately?  Couldn't find a recent thread.

I'll start with this, inspired by the recent discussion i just read here about hairbrushes: I think, counter-intuitively, that the more solid, weighty ones, which tend to be older or vintage, may be quieter, and sting more, and be more feared and dreaded, than newer, lighter models of hairbrush.

And yet, is sound an important aspect of the entire aesthetic?  Yes, so completely noiseless wouldn't do, would it.

dreaded HB.jpg

• Like 1

My ee and I used to live in an apartment a while back and needless to say this very issue came up since it was in Bremerton and had paper walls (so thin I could always smell my neighbor smoking weed through the living room wall, not a window....the wall). We had a nosy neighbor that didn't help too, the first time I got her to try spanking me low and behold the cops showed up (luckily after but still) saying someone had reported that "the man downstairs is beating his wife". Luckily he understood, after I had embarrassingly gone into detail exactly what had happened, and left (sadly he still filed the report so a relative who  is in the blue uni asked why I had a report that said I was being spanked by my gf, that was a fun day /s) So..here are the things we tried...

1) using "quiet" toys. (My ee picked her first switch during this) we used switches mostly since she was kinda new at the time and a hard plastic curtain rod (which we used once, she was new and gave me a grand slam level swing, I can tell that story later)

2) playing music (didn't work, neighbor reported noise violation)

3) running a vacuum or blender during the fun

4) eventually explained to the neighbors what we did (ee wanted fun times without the vacuum), the guy next door was easy since I knew he was a spanker too (you could hear it), but the woman upstairs? Well... I can tell that story another time.

To me noise is a huge part of it. The "crack" as you smack, the response of "ow" or "tss" or a wimper, the "whoosh" of certain toys as they move through the air. It can be as big a deal as the commands given, or the motions prior (like removing a belt or fetching an impliment). I hated having to say "be quiet, don't want the neighbors knowing" because hearing the responses was just so....important, both as a top to read her response and as a part of the thrill of it all.

• Like 2

When I have spanked it has been in a heavily-built Victorian terraced house although I did have concerns. The couple on that side were quite old and hopefully can't hear. If they did ask anything I was going to tell them it was something about new flooring being put down :).

I do know people that have had sessions in hotels but I don't think I 'd be comfortable with that (although I have read about "kink friendly" hotels which would be suitable (Apart from the camera in the ceiling...)). I imagine the police appearing for some sort of domestic assault...

• Like 1

Having the radio or television going can help.  I borrowed my youngest's alarm clock with a "white noise" feature.

Tuck a towel at the bottom of the door.  Run the exhaust fan in the bathroom.  Run the shower.

Use quiet implement's:  switches, delrin ... and when in a real pinch, capsaicin cream for a silent "spanking."

I hear you that the attention is unwanted but as long as you are consenting adults and are doing what you can to not disturb others, have fun.  People can deal.

~red~

• Like 2

Well, we have nosy teenagers so we've had to ask them to go to the park (to get fresh air) or we've had to go to the back of the closet that's at the furthest part of the house and tuck a towel under the bedroom door, play music, AND turn the shower on. It sucks though because then the music is a distraction for me as the ee and I also enjoy the sound of the implements so all the other noises seem to take away from that. The cane I guess is the way to go but I've never felt one :/ I prefer the hand or brush - both louder implements  

• Like 1

Well, It's difficult to control the outbursts when being spanked, especially it is a real spanking. I would guess most implements do create noise,even hand. Some people may gag mouth if noise is such a very big issue. Some are lucky enough to have a home which is isolated from the rest of their neighborhood so it won't disturb others.

Forget about the sound of the implement hitting your ass, what about the screaming and crying that occurs every time an implement smacks your bottom.  I think that is a lot louder than the item that is slapping your behind.  I howl like a baby every time my gf spanks me with her hand or her paddle.

• Like 1
Guest Warwick

I remember years ago going to a spanking party in London and the hostess being worried that all that smacking and caning would sound like gunshots. It wasn't in a known gang area but even so ...

The first Disciplinarian I used to have appointments with twice a month had the ideal setup. He lived on Beacon Hill in Seattle and the way his house was situated he only had neighbors on one side, the other side of his house faced the hillside. He had a good relationship with the neighbor, close enough that he had confided in this woman about his work as a Disciplinarian for adults and had informed her that at times she may hear the distinctive smacking sound and accompanying cries of pain that are the trademark of a good hard bare bottom spanking. As a result, there were no anti-noise measures that had to be taken and which would only detract from the spontaneity of the session. I haven't been this lucky with subsequent Spammers living arrangements.

Sent from my SM-J327T1 using Tapatalk

On 6/25/2017 at 1:41 PM, Mistah_switch said:

We had a nosy neighbor that didn't help too, the first time I got her to try spanking me low and behold the cops showed up (luckily after but still) saying someone had reported that "the man downstairs is beating his wife". Luckily he understood...

I guess every black cloud has a silver lining, even sexism LOL! If someone hears you fussing and you're clearly a guy, and it's obvious you are "just getting a spanking", well they're much less likely to call the cops or hotel security. A woman getting a spanking is much more likely to get reported by someone with old fashioned chivalry!

On 6/25/2017 at 9:59 PM, Newby_Girl said:

Well, we have nosy teenagers so we've had to ask them to go to the park (to get fresh air) or we've had to go to the back of the closet that's at the furthest part of the house and tuck a towel under the bedroom door, play music, AND turn the shower on. It sucks though because then the music is a distraction for me as the ee and I also enjoy the sound of the implements so all the other noises seem to take away from that. The cane I guess is the way to go but I've never felt one :/ I prefer the hand or brush - both louder implements  

I hope this is fiction! Unless your "nosy teenagers" are pretty brain dead, they'll sneek back from the park to hear/see what you are up to, and sneek up to the bedroom door with the towel under it. Once they know what you are up to, if they're interested (probably they are) these techniques are as good as giving them tickets to hear/watch you getting spanked. Your best opportunity is when they are safely out of the house (school, sports practices, daytrips with friends)- summer is particularly difficult unless they have summer jobs. When our kids were at home I remember years when I was greatly relieved once the school year was well started because through the summer I would hear 3 or 4 times "you're going to get spanked for that when I get a chance" between spankings, which were then long hard spankings when they happened, usually with a really big "back to school" spanking just after Labor Day! 

Actually, this was when I got the most back-seat of the car spankings, too- sometimes we just had to drive some place where we could get some privacy because I really had it coming. After a while my wife realized teenagers sleep in and are difficult to wake, and she would just drag me out to the garage for a thorough hairbrush spanking in the back-seat of the car before breakfast! The car contained the noise pretty well, and boxes on shelves and things stacked against the walls made the garage pretty sound tight too. When I was face down across her lap in the car, my gut still gave me that being spanked in public feeling of a car spanking even though I knew the car was in the garage! I ate breakfast standing up and was on my way to work with a sore bottom long before the kids got up.

Some very good thoughts have arisen here regarding this subject.  And the "sound of spanking" is of course part of the whole experience.  I do remember feeling an icy chill run up my spine when hearing somebody else get it, or getting scolded, or just hearing the threat!

So I guess in an ideal situation we would be able to use effective, and loud, items for the punishment.  

Ideal situations are indeed rare, though.

Back to implements...anybody ever try one of those rubber spatulas?  Some of them have a thick, heavy end, where the icing scraping part is, but the quality ones have a certain weight, and the elastomer or pliable plastic has a well designed surface, and it makes a quiet, but very stingy thwack, upon a sorry bottom...Maybe I can come back with an image of one of the better ones.

I'm with the crowd on this one. Its no fun and can take away from the scene/mindset when noise control is a big priority. While I don't have any recommendations for controlling the noise that really works, I am in process of building a sound deadened "play area" in my new house. Scream all you want...no one will hear you ;).

• Like 1

Just had an idea!

If you live in an urban environment, or you just want to try something new:  How about going out into the wilderness for your spanking?

Going to a nice isolated area would allow for uninhibited spanking and a long walk with your ER sure has some distinct advantages; ee can be made to carry a heavy backpack that has all the implements...

I could see marching a mile or so into the woods to get spanked in the pouring rain. 

• Like 1

Rain idea made me think...

How about spanking in the bathroom with the shower running and the TV going in another room?

Most bathrooms are toward the center of homes, so there's farther for the sound to travel. Plus you have the added bonus of wetting the paddle for that extra sharp sting...

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...

My gf and I live in a condo, but the walls are very sound proof.  If she tells me to fetch the paddle I know I will shortly be crying my eyes out, screaming, and kicking.  so far had no complaints for the neighbors and it has been almost 7 months now.

We have children so finding the time with all of them actually sleeping can be quite difficult.  There's plenty of things around the house that are quiet to use.  The turning blind thing (sorry can't remember what it's called) is the first thing to come to mind.  Few things you can buy too like a Loopy John.  

We've tried music but I find myself trying to concentrate on that instead of the reason I'm actually in trouble for.  And, I'd swear he starts to smack along with the beat or something lol.

One of my problems is the noise that comes from my mouth.  Me screaming or loudly crying or begging is likely to draw more attention than some smacking sounds lol.  Typically I can just bury my head in the pillow.  For those times that I'm in LOADS of trouble, we'll use a gag.  

• 4 weeks later...

We are in a very tight neighborhood but most neighbors are hard of hearing or never home or both, it's the ones walking by we have to worry about. A couple times she spanked me with the windows open though, quick ones generally. Who heard if anyone I don't know but at the time, I didn't care either. We have kids so have to work it in when they're at family member's houses for a weekend, or at school, or if we know my mother who doesn't live far away is watching them at our house and we have time before going somewhere or home from somewhere we can sneak to her house which is basically sound proof. Of course the day we drove around most of the day with the bigger paddle right in plain sight in the car, then carried it right past my mother who did come over to watch the kids, it's likely one of the worst kept secrets we have anyway.

I have never ever worried about this - either at my own home, or at someone else's. For me, part of the punishment is the possibility that someone may hear and work out what is going on! 

I remember some years ago, my GF at the time was due a spanking and I went to her house when it was a very warm summer evening and lots of people were still out and about. Although we kept the window closed for most of the spanking, I deliberately opened it for the final 3 strokes - they would definitely have been audible to anyone outside.

Did people realise what it was though? That's the question........

• 5 months later...

Some one hit one white noise above, that's a big help. You can find white noise apps on your phone and hook that to speakers. 

The wood paddle I have can be crazy loud. Some are more rounded the backside. I use that side of the paddle when I need to be quieter. It deadens the impact sound a bit. It does make for a more thuddy impact.

Also if the bottom is being loud vocally the maybe consider a ball gag. If you do this, make sure they can breathe through their nose. Another very important thing is to create another form of communitcation since they cannot talk. I like to put a bamboo cain in their hand. If they have problems they can drop it to the floor.

• Like 1