Spanking Needs Forums

Corner time

Some EEs find it helpful and some do not. In the few people I have worked with, I've noticed that each one does corner time in different way which normally includes holding a specific position during the time.

I'm curious to know the different types of positions used and the reasoning behind wanting it done that way.

• Like 1
  • Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

To me, I think the only occasion that corner time (or a time out) is helpful is if I'm agitated, overly stressed, or overly tired and have the attitude to back it up. It doesn't even have to be the co

For most people, it probably would have a calming effect. It just wouldnt work for me because I would overanalyze and become more agitated.

I think corner time is appropriate when then spankee needs to think about the significance and reason for the spanking but I don't think it has much meaning if it is always done as a wrote ritual rega

I think corner time is appropriate when then spankee needs to think about the significance and reason for the spanking but I don't think it has much meaning if it is always done as a wrote ritual regardless of the position used. There may be times when the spankee needs to be made aware of their vulnerability and embarrassed to goad them to improve their problem behaviors, but I don't approve of humiliation of subs in general because I think lowering the spankees self esteem is counter productive and often use of corner time has humiliating overtones. I think what matters is whether corner time makes since for the current disciplinary situation not what position is used.

• Like 3

i agree with you P I have never felt humiliated before during or after corner time. I have felt more understanding with his feeling as to why I was in the corner why I was being punished what could have happened because of what I did. I have never had a certain position that I had to be in. I have been not allowed to rub my butt if corner time was during the spanking or after, but other than that as long as I was in the corner that was all that was required. For me corner time does effect me. It does help me get more into the mindset that I need. It dos humble me but never humiliate me. I would say the biggest thing I get out of corner time is the emotional state of mind I need to accepting the punishment more and feel that forgiveness when the punishment is over.

• Like 1

Embarrassment, vulnerability, anticipation, and reflection. It gives the spankee a moment to experience all those things, some more so than the others. Those are the main 4 components I use on spankees for corner time. It varies on the situation, as every scene is different in dynamics.

I prefer pants down, with hands behind the head with fingers laced together. It prevents rubbing. Another is by placing a quarter on their nose to the wall and informing them to keep it against the wall without it sliding down.

Miss Lydia LaMour

• Like 1

Another is by placing a quarter on their nose to the wall and informing them to keep it against the wall without it sliding down.

That I have been threatened with and it sure does not sound like something I ever want to happen!

I rarely get corner time but when I do it's normally given for me to calm down. Done with nose in the corner and hands behind my back. Reasoning for the hands, simply the position he wanted me in.

I have gotten corner time quite often before...that was done on knees, hands on head or hands locked in creases of elbows behind head. Also simply the position they wanted me in.

Sometimes corner time worked and sometimes it didn't depending on the reason or mind frame I was in when it was given. I did however find out how dusty/dirty some of my corners were <_<

• Like 2

I don't think I could hold still very long. It might work if my ER were talking to me, but otherwise would go insane in short order. My attention span is pretty short.

But I do remember that my fourth grade teacher used to draw a little circle on the chalkboard a couple of inches above my nose and make me put my nose In the circle for excessive talking, which required me to stand on my toes to keep my nose where it was supposed to be. It was difficult and required a lot of concentration, plus my calves would start to ache. I never got spanked in school, though I think I would have preferred it over the chalkboard thing.

So my take on corner time is that I would do it if my ER told me to (part of that relinquishing control thing), but I wouldn't like it. At all. Which is probably the point.

• Like 2

I'm not sure that it happens more in D/S and DD relationships, just possibly talked about more maybe. Just about every mentor I've had used corner time and several that I know have mentors who use corner time. For a lot, it's a great way to calm down, think about things, or to get into a specific mind frame.

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...

To me, I think the only occasion that corner time (or a time out) is helpful is if I'm agitated, overly stressed, or overly tired and have the attitude to back it up. It doesn't even have to be the corner, I have been sent to bed, corner, couch etc. It is always followed by a spanking, whether it happens right away or after I wake up (If I'm sent to bed). Only once have I been sent to the corner during a spanking, because I was still upset and angry, (mostly at myself for being in that predicament) and he used that time to lecture. Once I had calmed down he finished my spanking. For me time out is pointless after a spanking because I have already been disciplined. There is no need to accept it, fear/anticipate it, or reflect on it. We don't use time out for any other offenses because I usually ask for my spanking as the guilt gets so bad that I need that release, I need that forgiveness. So I have already accepted that I need it.

To me, positioning doesn't matter. I know that when we first started with discipline and spankings that he would use corner time and positioning to test my willingness to truly submit. If that makes any sense. I know it sounds weird. But it worked for us. He wanted to know that I was committed 100% to changing myself and that I would do whatever (within reason of course) he said. If I wasn't willing to trust him and accept what he said then why was I trusting him to spank me. The position that I hate the most is in the corner with my pants around my knees and my hands away from my butt (behind my head, crossed in front etc). I feel so vulnerable at that point and I know that I really screwed up and at any moment his hand could be stinging my butt cheeks.

I have also been in the corner on my knees, sitting in a chair, and bending forward with my hands on the wall (yes for time out and not a spanking). All of them do the same thing for me. It just depends on how fast he wants to get my attention, or how quickly I need to calm down.

I hope I at least mostly answered your question. :)

• Like 3

I'm not clear about the difference between feeling humiliated and feeling humbled. I seek out punishment because I want to feel humiliated, and I give punishment to humiliate the person being punished. I find both exciting. I certainly feel humiliated when I am made to do corner time because it is a punishment usually given to little children. Being forced to wear school uniform, or being stripped to my underwear, while in the corner makes it more humiliating and more exciting - for me.

• Like 2

i'd prolly be embarrassed if i was in the corner and a group of people were around...if it was just me and a ER i'd prolly just do my time and let my bottom cool down or worry about a spanking if corner time was before..wish i could find a spanker/corner time person in indiana

• 2 weeks later...

Cornertime with hands held up in air or other positions add stress & physical pain to the shoulders, which after the first min or two, increases the pain every min, and keeps the focus centered on being punished. It quietens me down a lot if it lasts a while.

• Like 1

I don't get corner time often, but when I do, I'm told to put my hands behind my head. I was never told the reason for that position, but my guess is so I don't rub my butt.

I'm not the only one, though I'm also spanked like that.

I've never been put in a corner. I have put others in a corner. I haven't done this for humiliation or discipline. I have put them in position so that there are no distractions to my voice as I stand behind them and speak closely to their ear words to calm, encourage, or things that are related to the spanking. I may ask a couple easy answer questions as its hard to say much with your head in a corner, all a part of keeping their focus from wandering. I read to one person...lol. I whaped one a few times because of a smart answer, but mostly its about building trust. I was told that when I do that it feels like I am inside their head.

• Like 2
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

For me being told i am getting a spanking and being sent to the corner is good, the anticipation makes me more in the right mindset for it to occur. You cant help but be thi king of what you did to get there. After a spanking i neec a few minutes to process and having my rear end glowing, helps that. If i am allowed to rub or not be exposed i tend to start thinking about getting out versus why it happened. A few minutes will do it for me. Its not humilitation just about acceptance.

• Like 2

Cornertime can be very effective.

If used properly.

You cant take someone who has never used it and put them in the corner for 30 minutes.

Find what works, if it even works and work with it from there.

Obviously, should be a discussion a ER has with the EE when they set limits.

• Like 2

i dont get corner time in the sense everyone here is talking about, it is a hard limit for me. I was robbed at gunpoint and the man came up behind me. Having my back to the room freaks me out... I even have issues at restaurants. My corner time is me laying on my belly with my face buried in will's armpit. He holds me until I am calm. Rarely do I get corner time before a spanking. If I do, it is something i requested because I am not in the right frame of mind.

The purpose of my position... it doesn't give me a full blown panic attack. Having a panic attack pushes discipline to the back burner.

• Like 1
  • 3 months later...
Guest northeast girl

Corner time used to be a very hard limit with me . However this past year after knowing the person I have been with for more than 12 years I decided to try it with his full support that if I even slightly started to panic I would immediately be out of the corner . However with him supporting and reassuring me practically the entire time I was able to handle it .