supermedic

Reset spankings? Need your help :)

Hi Everyone

I need your help...

So I have tried to search, and not found much.

Can anyone tell me what a reset spanking is? I know , it seems like it is stress relief with more intensity.? I was trying to , explain that I needed one- but am not sure how to explain it.

Basically, it seems the pent up emotions, stress, frustration and such- I need a long ,, cathartic cry. Something to trigger a "reset" button in my mind, so that I can- be in a better headspace for correction/punishment the next time. Any thoughts? Ideas?

I hit the same brick wall as you as much of what I encountered was basically what most of us here call Stress Relief spanking which I have usually around twice a week depending on need which I find very helpful (I usually get very very fractictious otherwise on the edge of of an infraction).

Guest spankMY(_(_)

I think of reset spankings as those nice big ones that let it all come out with a cathartic cry or however you respond, and then I just need the weekly maintenance spankings that help me keep it from building up too big. :)

• Like 1

For us, "reset" refers to a mood / thought adjustment of some kind. I typically have two gears...hammock and overdrive, sometimes a "resets" helps me get out of which ever gear I seem to be stuck in. Sometimes its not a gear, but rather a mood. I think there are a few of us who are overthinkers....and once in a while it's almost like getting caught in a downward spiral...your thoughts drive you to a mood, the mood invades your thoughts, which deepens, darkens and accelerates the mood, etc.

Ironically, a reset spanking sort of interrupts the cycle - hence the "reset".

It's kinda the spanking version of this:

and it works!

;)
Ben

• Like 2

For us, "reset" refers to a mood / thought adjustment of some kind. I typically have two gears...hammock and overdrive, sometimes a "resets" helps me get out of which ever gear I seem to be stuck in. Sometimes its not a gear, but rather a mood. I think there are a few of us who are overthinkers....and once in a while it's almost like getting caught in a downward spiral...your thoughts drive you to a mood, the mood invades your thoughts, which deepens, darkens and accelerates the mood, etc.

Ironically, a reset spanking sort of interrupts the cycle - hence the "reset".

It's kinda the spanking version of this:

and it works!

;)

Ben

I agree with this completely. Another term that seems to fit for me is an "unwind" spanking, or a "beat out the kinks" spanking ... whatever you call them, they have to be pretty hard to work.

On 3/23/2015 at 5:35 AM, supermedic said:

Can anyone tell me what a reset spanking is?

I was searching for the answer to the same question.

I finally found it.

On 3/23/2015 at 8:59 PM, DunBenSpanked said:

For us, "reset" refers to a mood / thought adjustment of some kind. I typically have two gears... hammock and overdrive, sometimes a "reset" helps me get out of whichever gear I seem to be stuck in. Sometimes its not a gear, but rather a mood. I think there are a few of us who are overthinkers.... and once in a while it's almost like getting caught in a downward spiral. Your thoughts drive you to a mood, the mood invades your thoughts, which deepens, darkens and accelerates the mood, etc. Ironically, a reset spanking sort of interrupts the cycle - hence the "reset."

Anyone know what happened to Ben? He wrote so many insightful things. Wish he was still here on SN with us.