Redsbare

Favorite Quote

Never forget what you are. The rest of the world will not.Wear it like armor and it can never be used to hurt you -     Tyrion Lannister.

• Like 1

If you pick it, it'll never heal.

Never swing at a 3-0ppitch.

Nothing really matters, and so what if it did?

A few that came up on my Pinterest feed...

There are the people who make your day, and then there are the ones who make your life.  

"Becoming strong doesn't start in the gym. It starts in your head."

"I used to walk into a room and wonder if they liked me. Now I wonder if I like them."  

I had an insurance company call up once and tell me they could beat any quote so I said ”He who looks into the abyss should take care lest the abyss looks into him - Friedrich Nietzsche” - Now beat that quote #joke 

On 4/27/2020 at 6:28 PM, Child of Light said:

"This too shall pass" 

That's one of my favorites Child of Light! 😍

"Don’t let the negativity given to you by the world dis empower you. Instead give to yourself that which empowers you."  ~ Les Brown

• Like 1

I have a few I keep noted, the first is my favorite:

“The same boiling water that softens the potato hardens the egg. It's about what you're made of, not the circumstances.”— Mel Robbins

“A life spent making mistakes is not only more honorable, but more useful than a life spent doing nothing.” — George Bernhard Shaw

“Happiness isn’t something that’s achieved, it’s a skill that’s cultivated and practiced daily. It’s mastery comes from serving others.”

And there goes the Challenger, being chased by the blue, blue meanies on wheels. The vicious traffic squad cars are after our lone driver, the last American hero, the electric centaur, the, the demi-god, the super driver of the golden west! Two nasty Nazi cars are close behind the beautiful lone driver. The police numbers are gettin' closer, closer, closer to our soul hero, in his soul mobile, yeah baby! They about to strike. They gonna get him. Smash him. Rape... the last beautiful free soul on this planet. But, it is written: "If the evil spirit arms the tiger with claws, Brahman provided wings for the dove." Thus spake the super guru.

I don't think I have a favorite quote. "And people in Hell want ice water"? "Fuck You"? But I saw this movie the first time a LONG LONG time ago. Maybe 6?This and a John Woo movie The Killer are the first movies adult movies I remember seeing and understanding. The Killer has the showdown in the Church and is straight forward. Vanishing Point they tell you how it's going to end in the first 5 minutes. So you watch this guy driving to his death (over and over? The black car going the other way is the car Kowalski is dropping off IMO) and everyone knows it because no one is trying to stop it. It's extreme but a helicopter can push down on a car to stop it. Tires. Shoot the engine. Chase him into the desert until he's out of fuel. Whatever. I've had so many copies of this movie. I've bought 0. Only a couple of people have gave me one. It just turns up. Always in a solid format. 

"I tried to watch this movie by myself SO many times and couldn't get through. But if YOU'RE watching it I can and LOVE it. Then one night you weren't around and no one could find you/I thought you were gone for good/some other bad thing involving you and I got it. It's one of my favorite movies now. And I hate it."-Paraphrase of everyone I've ever been close too in my life. 

516BRGG8KNL._SY445_.jpg

7 hours ago, dutchbrat said:

That's one of my favorites Child of Light! 😍

Mine too. I recently lost a bracelet that said it on it.. and I'm so upset :(

"It is far safer to be feared than loved" (Nicolo Machiavelli).

"Life is just a sh*t sandwich, and every day we take another bite" (author unknown).

12 hours ago, Child of Light said:

Mine too. I recently lost a bracelet that said it on it.. and I'm so upset :(

🤗:hearts:Even that feeling of loss will pass :hearts:🤗