Jump to content
Create New...

Tell Us Something New...


shygurl

Recommended Posts

• I’m a christian

• I love all things Art 

• My dream is to own an art gallery some day.

• I love music, it’s my escape. You can guess the person I am just by going through my playlist 

• I have 2 older sisters and a younger brother 

• I don’t have any relationship with my dad, but my mom is my best friend, she’s my world.

• I love to reward myself for wins

• I always get myself something very special on my birthday.

• I am a hopeless romantic; my future husband isn’t even ready for my ‘awesomeness’.

• I love children, can’t wait to have mine someday.

•I never wear my heart on my sleeves but when I love, I love deeply. 

Link to comment

I play MMO's and am even an admin for one of my guilds. I've knitted the fourth doctor scarf and am currently doing it again. I can't can't read sewing patterns for shit, but I can look at a piece of clothing, can tell how it's made and recreate it. I learn languages for fun it's a dream of mine to become a polygot 

Link to comment

Fun topic!

1. I have a degree in physics

2. I love the outdoors, I live near the beach and often go fishing or kayaking

3. I travel often for work and pleasure 

4. I don’t like to eat meat

5. I have had the same best friend for 32 years, we have no secrets

6. I can bake 64 different types of cheesecake

7. I have ptsd and wish everyday I didn’t or I could understand it better

8. I frequently have extremely vivid and realistic dreams that occasionally occur before similar life incidents. I don’t know which will come true

  • Like 3
Link to comment

1) I got a new-to-me car last weekend!  It's older and not very fancy, but I think I'll do very well with it.

2) As I am typing this, I have been on hold with the Social Security Administration for 45 minutes.  (Thank God for speaker phone)

3) I have a MA in education

4) I am the oldest of 6 kids

5) For many years, I had pet hedgehogs.  My favorite was a little guy named Velcro.  He was a snuggle bug.

  • Like 1
Link to comment

ok here is mine, but boring compared to most others

1 My degree is in electrical engineering

2 We have traveled by motorcycle to every National Park in the continental US

3 I used to love to make quilts

4 I blow glass as a hobby and sell it at art shows.

5 Met my wife 48 years ago, and been married for 45 years

6 We started our spanking life on our third date.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
On 10/17/2018 at 9:33 AM, wanttospank said:

ok here is mine, but boring compared to most others

1 My degree is in electrical engineering

2 We have traveled by motorcycle to every National Park in the continental US

3 I used to love to make quilts

4 I blow glass as a hobby and sell it at art shows.

5 Met my wife 48 years ago, and been married for 45 years

6 We started our spanking life on our third date.

I’m a huge fan of glass art! I would love to see your work! 

Link to comment

It is a fun hobby and endless chance to learn new things, I would be happy to send you some pics of some of the pieces we make if you want. Just let me know where to sent them. Most of what I make are smaller jewelry pieces, much easier to sell and transport to art shows.

Link to comment

Ok, my turn for little-known (here) facts about me  

1. I’m a proficient amateur trumpeter. All genres, but I am better as a classical player than jazz improviser. I own 8 trumpets (counting a flugelhorn and cornet), all for different playing styles. As an orchestral musician, my favorite composers to perform are Copland, Bach (piccolo trumpet in the grand movements of his cantatas), Bruckner, Mahler, and Stravinsky. 

2. My favorite outdoor activity is sea kayaking. You could say that’s my other paddling sport. I’ve encountered grey whales, orca whales, and sea otters on my trips, and many, many sea lions. 

3. I’m an okay cook in general, but my recipe for Thanksgiving turkey is the best in the galaxy. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment

This is fun!

OK. Here is a few off the cuff:

1. My first trip on my own as an adult was to a juggling convention in San Jose. I was in my twenties, only knew how to juggle three balls, and somehow had the gumption to fly across the US to a convention with very skilled jugglers! I was very, very shy then. Have no idea how I did it. HOWEVER, I did learn to "eat" fire, juggle machetes (carefully), rings, pins, and torches. I tried to ride a 10' high unicycle. Once I got upright, someone gave me a push, yelled PEDAL, and all I remember is doing a face plant against the gym wall across the way and sliding down...the TSA was different then. I flew home with 3 machetes and 3 torches in my suitcase... this was in 1985 so...

2. I racewalked a marathon when I turned 40, was able to maintain an 11 minute mile (was never athletic)

3, Hiked 15 days on the Appalachian Trail in Girl Scouts (would have been 14 days, but Honest to God, our leader got us lost!)

4. I enjoy doing many forms of art. My current is doing papercutting designs by hand. I found the best tool to use is a scalpel. I've had 2 ER runs, but the wounds have been easy to stitch. If you want to know where you can buy scalpels, of course it's... AMAZON!

5. I like doing photography. I have an eye for the absurd. I'll post a couple if there is an a interest. Nothing offensive

6. I like to read and write.

7. I am Buddhist

8. I am a trained clinical social worker (not working at this time) and in therapy with a therapist who is accepting of my spanking needs.

  • Like 2
Link to comment

I have intentionally jumped out of an airplane once and will never do it again.

I have met most of the past half-century's US presidents in person (although not always while they were in office), including Richard Nixon, Gerald Ford, Jimmy Carter, Ronald Reagan, George Bush 41, Bill Clinton, George Bush 43, and Donald Trump.

I am a grammar and spelling purist. (I'd say perfectionist, but I'm leaving room for the time when I might make a mistake. I thought I was wrong once, but I was mistaken.)

I am very secure in my political beliefs, but I believe we all need to be willing to truly listen to one another and respect belief systems other than those which are similar to our own.

I love travel.

I don't watch much TV.  

  • Like 2
Link to comment
  • 3 weeks later...

Ooh, can I play?! Thanks!

1. I have a law degree from a fancy east-coast school.

2. I am a writer, with eight published crime novels (the first of which made Oprah's mystery list!), and the newest will be released in January 2019.

3. I went to boarding schools in England, and saw and heard many real-life whackings.

4. I love travel, reading (obviously!), and eating.

5. I once ran the 100 meters in under 11 seconds. Thanks to my love of eating, and age, I would now run that distance in approximately 11 minutes. :)

6. I have three kids, each of whom is my favorite. :)

 

  • Like 3
Link to comment

II have a younger brother who is an amazing person  

My mom is my inspiration. She died 8 years ago. She had such a positive arrirude  

I have two daughters who are polar opposites, body type, hair, you name it 

i love to read, cook, and bake  I have no artistic ability whatsoever  

 

  • Like 2
Link to comment

This is fascinating!

1) Above all else, I am an artist- personally and professionally. 

2) My friends call me vampire, because I like being in the dark so much, and have reverse seasonal affective disorder. 

3) I'm in recovery from PTSD; while I do well in most aspects, sleeping and nightterrors are still struggles.

4) I've lived all over the US, and never in one place longer than two years since I moved out on my own at 16.

5) I'm a twin and I have an older brother whom I dearly love. 

6) I'm vegan (except for when medical issues get in the way,) with my favorite animals being snakes and spiders. 

7) I'm fluent in English, sarcasm, and smartass. 

Link to comment

1. I grew up on a farm outside of a town with a population of roughly 80. 11 of them were my relatives.

2. I played the baritone in high school.

3. I vividly remember when Mr. Bumble whips Oliver in Oliver Twist. Turned me into a Dickens fan at a young age.

4. My degree is in nursing; but my first love is history. 

5. I'm a member of the Pussies for Trump FB group.

 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
  • 3 weeks later...
On 11/7/2018 at 11:38 PM, FairlieBare said:

This is fascinating!

1) Above all else, I am an artist- personally and professionally. 

2) My friends call me vampire, because I like being in the dark so much, and have reverse seasonal affective disorder. 

3) I'm in recovery from PTSD; while I do well in most aspects, sleeping and nightterrors are still struggles.

4) I've lived all over the US, and never in one place longer than two years since I moved out on my own at 16.

5) I'm a twin and I have an older brother whom I dearly love. 

6) I'm vegan (except for when medical issues get in the way,) with my favorite animals being snakes and spiders. 

7) I'm fluent in English, sarcasm, and smartass. 

I know I'm late to this, but you have number 7 down pat.

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
On 10/23/2018 at 8:16 AM, MScott said:

 

I have met most of the past half-century's US presidents in person (although not always while they were in office), including Richard Nixon, Gerald Ford, Jimmy Carter, Ronald Reagan, George Bush 41, Bill Clinton, George Bush 43, and Donald Trump.

I am assuming there must be a reason you didn't meet Barack Obama.  

Link to comment
On 11/7/2018 at 7:26 PM, BobTheRolePlayer said:

1. I do not believe in the historical Jesus.

Sorry Bob, but for some reason my first reaction upon reading this was hearty laughter.  Mainly because it's not something you hear every day so it caught me off guard.   It would be fun to hear your views on this someday.  I don't happen to agree with you, not because I'm a Christian or anything, but because there appears to be enough corroborating historical evidence to vouch for him. 

  • Like 1
  • Confused 1
Link to comment

 

8 hours ago, AfterGeometry said:

Sorry Bob, but for some reason my first reaction upon reading this was hearty laughter.  Mainly because it's not something you hear every day so it caught me off guard.   It would be fun to hear your views on this someday.  I don't happen to agree with you, not because I'm a Christian or anything, but because there appears to be enough corroborating historical evidence to vouch for him. 

Hey Redhead Daddy... can you supply this little one with this corroborating, historical evidence?! Kinda never met this guy  and like to see things ,for myself,  before I believe. I believe in getting spanked everyday!!!

  • Like 1
Link to comment

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Write what you are looking for and press enter or click the search icon to begin your search