22 replies to this topic

#1 johnpaul

johnpaul

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 283 posts

Posted 23 May 2010 - 11:05 PM

I am looking for instruction about the strap. How to use it, where to get one, will it help a repeated thing from being repeated? I guess that depends on how it is applied.... right? What kind of noise does it make, can it be heard in other rooms? Will it leave marks? How long should the session last?

If you know of something that will help repeated offenses, please advise.

Thanks,

JP

#2 Guest_lilac_*

Guest_lilac_*
  • Guests

Posted 24 May 2010 - 07:06 AM

I am looking for instruction about the strap. How to use it, where to get one, will it help a repeated thing from being repeated? I guess that depends on how it is applied.... right? What kind of noise does it make, can it be heard in other rooms? Will it leave marks? How long should the session last?

Thanks,

JP

It's rare that I do this but I moved this topic from intro's to general because it's a good spanking topic.

Ian from the London Tanners has the best straps but I think he's closed for a time. He might be reopened now but I'm not sure. I have bought 2 straps from him. One for each of my last 2 disciplinarians. (for you spankees they make a great gift for that disciplinarian in your life)

Straps do make noise and they can leave marks and I do think a person needs to practice using them. My second disciplinarian Mike was a skilled strap user. I gave him the authentic canadian prison strap and even he had to practice with that thing. But as I remember he was like a kid in a toy store. He called me the next morning saying he practiced using it on himself. I laughed so hard I almost fell out of bed. He never used it on me.

The strap I got Larry was a great strap for a good regular spanking. It was great for stress relief. I hope he still uses it as well. You pay a bit more for LT's strap but they are engraved and of the highest quality. Ian is a gifted strap maker and I hope he opens again. There was a personal item that I wanted.

#3 johnpaul

johnpaul

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 283 posts

Posted 24 May 2010 - 08:31 AM

It's rare that I do this but I moved this topic from intro's to general because it's a good spanking topic.

Ian from the London Tanners has the best straps but I think he's closed for a time. He might be reopened now but I'm not sure. I have bought 2 straps from him. One for each of my last 2 disciplinarians. (for you spankees they make a great gift for that disciplinarian in your life)

Straps do make noise and they can leave marks and I do think a person needs to practice using them. My second disciplinarian Mike was a skilled strap user. I gave him the authentic canadian prison strap and even he had to practice with that thing. But as I remember he was like a kid in a toy store. He called me the next morning saying he practiced using it on himself. I laughed so hard I almost fell out of bed. He never used it on me.

The strap I got Larry was a great strap for a good regular spanking. It was great for stress relief. I hope he still uses it as well. You pay a bit more for LT's strap but they are engraved and of the highest quality. Ian is a gifted strap maker and I hope he opens again. There was a personal item that I wanted.

Thanks for the note, and for the answers.

I live in another country and finding things can be a problem. I have seen some fine belts and they are not thin or soft. I know it will take practice to learn the right method. I am afraid of the "pains of learning". Right now, she is using a thick flat paddle and it works well. But, I am still repeating this one thing I want to get rid of.

Being an older person, I am a little shy about asking questions.

Thanks,
JP

#4 Guest_lilac_*

Guest_lilac_*
  • Guests

Posted 24 May 2010 - 12:13 PM

Don't be shy about asking questions it's how we learn. Even if you live in another country if you have the internet you should be able to purchase a lot of the items disciplinarians use. The London Tanners was an online site. Still not sure it's reopened but once it is check it out.

#5 johnpaul

johnpaul

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 283 posts

Posted 24 May 2010 - 09:04 PM

Don't be shy about asking questions it's how we learn. Even if you live in another country if you have the internet you should be able to purchase a lot of the items disciplinarians use. The London Tanners was an online site. Still not sure it's reopened but once it is check it out.

Thanks, I may try to get one.

JP

#6 ButtPain

ButtPain

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 30 June 2010 - 10:29 AM

Straps and tawses are my favourite implements.

Straps take a bit more practice to use effectively due to their flexibility. A paddle is rigid so has a 1:1 force transfer while a strap has some degree of flexibility so has somewhat less than 1:1 force transfer. This flexibility also makes the actual wielding more difficult since it will be easier for the strap blade to tilt and then not strike the butt squarely. And that flexibility means that a strap will wrap if it is aimed too far to the spankee's edge. You don't want that since it will hurt in a bad way. You also will need more time between strokes to get the strap back into position. A strapping received square to the butt will hurt big time but in a good way. Almost all sting and little thud. A belt "pervertable" will do in a pinch but special-built straps will get the spanker's point across much more effectively. The pain is great but dies down fairly quickly, so strappings can be endured more often if the spankee likes to be spanked often. Strap afterglow is also delightful.

Contrary to what many intuitively imagine, it is the narrow straps that hurt more (due to greater force per area).

As someone else mentioned strappings are especially good as stress-relievers.

That said straps are much more sensual implements than insensate paddles since they are made from leather and take the shape of the butt when striking. They do indeed make noise. If you don't have to worry about eavesdroppers that noise is very exciting and fearsome all by itself. The spankee will make some interesting noises also, lol.
Yours truly

ButtPain

#7 Guest_NeedsOTK214_*

Guest_NeedsOTK214_*
  • Guests

Posted 30 June 2010 - 10:47 AM

I believe that my disciplinarian got the strap he uses from an online website called Shadow Lane. It is the implement I dread the most, and it certainly gets my attention! :o My disciplinarian tries to reserve it for either very serious offenses or repeat offenses only. It is fairly loud, and as Butt Pain mentioned, the sound alone is quite fearsome!!

#8 Woodrow

Woodrow

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 02 July 2010 - 04:25 AM

The strap.....well it hurts, it reaches into places you will have never been punished before but it makes a lot of noise! I only have 1 - its a two tailed version which I bought in 1990 and is as effective today as it was then ( by all accounts)

Woodrow

#9 ButtPain

ButtPain

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 02 July 2010 - 07:50 PM

Here is something in a bit more detail about strap implements. Hope you enjoy it.

A strapping is a spanking or beating administered with a flexible strap or belt. Being flexible implements they are actually short flat whips. Usually the spankee is bent at the waist is some manner so that the bottom is especially available. When referring to this implement it is common to capitalize it and prefix it with the definite article to show respect for its effectiveness, as in “The Strap”.
The very words “Getting the Strap” will bring an ass pucker to anyone hearing them. You know that you have really screwed up and now you will be getting an especially painful punishment. This is a severe penalty reserved for older spankees when you want to send them a message. Resorted to by many parents as a sort of spanking A-Bomb, it is “oh, now I really did it” type of punishment. But a parent has to like strapping to use this regularly.
Many traditional Scottish homes hung one in a prominent place, where it could be taken down from with great ceremony. In such homes it was usually applied to the miscreant's bottom, clothed or otherwise, with them lying face down on a bed. Home tawses may have been lighter than the fearsome instruments available in schools but parents were not limited in how many strokes that could be applied. The tawse especially is at its best (worst) when used as a glutteal implement supreme. Only the cane delivers more pain but many can argue in favour of the leather. The tawse may be applied over clothing but to be fully effective it should be applied to the bare flesh.
Paddles may be similarly shaped but paddles are rigid while straps are flexible. That means that a blow can be delivered that will give more sting but less damage. You could give just as hard and fast a paddling but you would probably end up with some physical damage. Since it is flexible the strap will take a bit more time to get back into position for the next stroke. That means a slightly slower tempo than what is possible with a paddle. But with practice a strap expert can deliver a fast or a slow spanking, depending on desired effect.

Strapping Culture
The Strap was popular in the Scotland, Canada, Ireland, Catholic schools, and with both Whites and Blacks in the US South. It has been a familiar part of English school life as well. They are suitable for use on the buttocks, upper legs and hands. In Scotland, it has always been used, and in that country, it is commonly known as the tawse - an instrument made of a heavy grade of leather and in the case of the sturdier examples, every bit as formidable as the cane itself. In Scotland the cane is rarely used, and many schools do not possess one at all. A tawse of greater length and weight (usually a 3 tailer) takes its place as the ultimate deterrent. The English school straps are usually a rather less fearsome thing than the tawse, and although it has been in use for a considerable time, it seems to have come into its own in the 20th century. While the Scottish instrument is often quite long and heavy, the English strap is generally shorter and broader. We say generally because English straps come in a wide variety of types and designs, some resembling the tawse in appearance.
In Scotland the tawse was used on both sexes with no sparing the fair one. In England it was sometimes used as a substitute for the cane if it was though that caning was undesirable for girls. This made it a girls’ implement there. Canadian schools were divided. Some did not hesitate to strap girls, others avoided it if possible. However, in North America the strap when used in domestic punishments is perceived to be an implement used by males – it’s a father’s tool for serious transgressions. That being said, many mothers did indeed learn to use the strap, especially for more serious sins. This is especially true with single mother families.
Due to the fleshiness of the average female butt, The Strap is considered an especially appropriate implement for female spankos. Larger rear ends practically cry out for someone to give them a few licks. It seems made for such. Male spankees like to have a woman use a strap on them, The cross-gender implications are found to be exciting. Women like to be strapped by father figures.

Skill
Straps require more spanker skill than similarly shaped paddles. This is because the strap is flexible and thus harder to control. It does not always maintain its position like a paddle. It has to be applied at a certain minimum speed in order to have any force and control of that force. And for that reason it is also difficult to give a soft strapping like one can with a paddle or cane. Nothing gets a spankee’s admiration and respect quicker than realizing that her spanker knows exactly how to deliver an efficient strapping. Spankers must learn this skill through practice. A spanker doesn’t want to look like that she doesn’t know how to use her implement.

Scenarios
Straps are a male implement, used by fathers and school principals. They are seldom used by mothers, aunts or grandmothers. Single mothers may learn how to use a strap so that the ante can be upped if lesser discipline fails. In consensual spanking women use straps much more often. Many men prefer the “F/m Strap” scenario
Straps are used by both lower and middle classes. In school scenarios the strap has a middle class association since that is the social milieu of the teachers and principals using them. In domestic strapping they have a more working class cachet. This is because leather strips are more commonly available in rural settings. Straps are less common in city homes regardless of social class. In role play the language is adjusted accordingly.
The tawse should be given in a more formal school manner. Un-split straps carry a more lower class connotation. Drop those “G’s” and use lower class language.

Physics
Straps are flexible implements so do lose some force when applied

Sensual Considerations
Straps can be very punishing or very sensual and erotic. They are especially appreciated in the latter context due to their very organic nature. Leather against skin is an exciting concept to such persons.

Pain Type
The distress levels are fine for spankos and only spankos. Straps deliver a loud smacking sound when used. They also deliver lots of surface stinging pain on impact but it’s pain that many spankees cannot get enough of. After impact there will be a burning sensation which will last for some time depending on severity. Eventually it dies down to an itch and then a great afterglow. An hour or so later and one would never know they had been punished. This is why it is the implement of choice for those who like to be spanked often.
Straps are more stingy and less thuddy than paddles of similar weight and force. This is because they are flexible and absorb some of the force on impact.
In general, for the first few strokes a strapping is experienced as a warming of the buttocks. After a few more strokes, there is a relaxed sensation. As the session proceeds, there is an increasing stinging sensation similar to burning as the condition of the buttocks moves beyond a rosy red. A spankee may be more easily brought to tears or orgasm (depending on mood) if desired by increasing the tempo of the strokes.
Strap pain is of three types – thud, sting and burn. The spankee experiences a stinging sort of smacking pain on the skin surface. I must remind you that we can do this as either a quasi-punishment or a sensual one. We will give some great butt sting which will gradually yield to a warm afterglow which permeates the spankee. The sting with subside fairly quickly, usually within an hour even for more severe ones. Since straps sting so nice and are relatively harmless they are popular choices for erotic spankings.
When the stroke lands there will be some thudding or penetration pain, at the strap sinks in and compacts the underlying tissues, damaging them to a greater or lesser extent. The heavier the strap the more thud but all will sting.
As the strap is lifted from its target the butt returns to its usual shape and the blood then returns to the underlying tissues. This is painful because these tissues are now damaged so that the re-entering blood hits the nerve endings there. This is what causes the burning sensation that lasts a while and is much appreciated by the spankee. The burning may eventually turn into an itching sensation as the body returns to normal.
Strappings are more complex as they will tend to have a whipping effect. The point of this is to take it easy when using a strap.

Specific Ritual
The strap is often slithered across the butt before the spanking and between strokes in order to build anxiety. Preparatory aiming is also common, for the same reason and also to assist in accuracy. Prior to spanking the implement is often put into a position so that the spankee can see it and contemplate what is in store.

Advantages
• Discrete - Straps produce a lot of pain with little marking or after-effects other than a great afterglow that lasts an hour or so. This is good if the spankee likes frequent punishments since healing is fast and leaves no tattle tale marks.
• Audio - Straps make a fierce sound when applied. This has a great psychological effect on spankees.
• Flexibility - Straps mold themselves to the body as they strike, giving a much more personal feel than rigid paddles
• Organic - Leather straps have a more organic feel than rigid implements which makes them more appropriate for sensuous and erotic spankings
• Coverage - Both buttock cheeks can be struck at the same time. This greatly increases its pain, coverage, and memorability.
• High speed - The other is its suitability for long stroke ass-whippings. Although short stroke strappings are possible, it is their long stroke versions that are really dreaded by wrong-doers. High implement speeds can be reached and that means that some real pain will be experienced at the receiving end.
• Versatility - The strap is the only implement that can be used to great effect on both hands and buttocks and even the back.

Disadvantages
• Wrapping - Since they are flexible straps will wrap around the body if care is not taken in targeting.
• Learning Curve - Straps are a little harder to use, because they are flexible and bend. A paddle’s effect is fairly easy to predict, the flat part always hits the target.
• Controllability - Flexibility also enables a strap to twist so that it does not always strike the buttocks squarely. This means that the strapper will have to be more skilled than a paddler if they want to deliver a proper punishment.

Strap Variation
Straps also have a history and fetish value. Some readers might remember Daddy’s Belt, or the razor strop from their childhood. Straps are longer and narrower as well as more flexible than paddles. With the exception of the Scottish tawse most straps are improvised from other materials. The manufacture of special built strapping implements is relatively recent.
Purpose built straps are used mostly by schools, reformatories and since the internet, by spankos. Real straps are hard to come by. Most real life strapping is done with pervertables. Straps come in a variety of lengths, widths and thicknesses (see photo at right). All of these variables will affect the spanking experience. Let’s see how.

Shape - Most are straight and rectangular but some are tapered towards a wider end..
Thickness – Extra thickness adds extra weight and thus more thud. The thicker the strap the heavier and less flexible it will be. This again means more force, ergo more pain. One quarter inch seems to be the most popular. Too thick and it loses too much flexibility. To little and it is too thin to get that ass-pucker feeling in the spankee.
Flexibility – The stiffer a strap’s “action” is the more paddle-like and painful it will be. In fact, the stiffer ones are sometimes called “straddles”. Flexible straps bounce some of the stroke’s force back from the target, so will be less painful. But that stiffness helps prevents wrapping. The latter was made by toasting leather over a fire, thereby hardening it, and then
Length – The longer the strap the faster the business end can be made to move for any angular velocity. This means more pain. Shorter straps are used for OTKs, longer ones for ass whippings.
Lengths can range from 12 to 30 inches. This means more pain and a greater tendency to wrap.
Width – The wider the strap the less sting it will have for any given impact speed since the force per unit area will be less. They look more fearsome but are actually easier on the butt. A narrow strap is fearsome indeed, as it becomes more whip-like the narrower it is. As for width, we have a trade-off. Contrary to what many would think, it is the narrower straps that hurt more. Wide straps mean more “smack” while narrower ones will mean more bite. A wide strap absorbs more force when it impacts but this can be compensated for by imparting more speed. Each gives a different type of sting. Some spankees prefer one, some the other, many like to mix it up with two straps used in each session while still others like to alternate widths on strapping days.

Handles – Paddles have distinct handles whereas straps often do not. Some straps have one end cut to make holding easier. But many others have no special handle features. Straps with a handle will be easier to use and to hit properly so they will be more effective (read “painful”). A whip on a long handle is a favourite of South American gauchos. This implement is called a rebenque and is essentially a strap on a long stick. This can be used on the butt or the back for a more whipping-like feel.

Ends - To add to the design elements, they can also be shaped, with squared, rounded or pointed ends or split down part of their lengths like the Scottish tawse.

Edges – The edges of a strap blade may be squared, pointed, angled or rounded. Pointed ones will be more painful.

Splits – Straps that are split down the blade as we shall see are called tawses. There may be two to five resultant tails. Splitting effectively makes each stroke one from a narrower implement, which as we just said is more painful. Then the pain per tail can be multiplied by the number of tails. This all greatly increases the pain compared to a single tail of similar width. Cutting a slit about one-third to one-half the distance to make it more flexible. This design amounts to striking twice or thrice with each stroke.

Holes - Just lkike a paddle, holes can be put into the blade in order to increase edge length to increase "bite" pain. They also cut wind resistance.

Material – “Getting leathered” is another term for a strapping in some locales. Leather is the most common material used in straps but it is not the most painful. It is the most sensuous for erotic purposes but those made out of rubber or webbing (popular in Canadian schools) are even more painful. Use them for punishment style strappings. Edges should not be sharp since this can cause cutting. The Canadian school strap was often made from a strip of webbing. These days, straps can also be made of rubber, which is a whole different "animal." Rubber is different in that it leaves a "memory" after each stroke, thereby building the effect cumulatively more sharply than leathers. Neoprene rubber is very durable and is easy to clean and care for. Get out your auto tire cleaner and it’s as good as new in no time. And, rubber is an "acquired taste." My observation in the scene is that people are not "wishy-washy" about their attitude towards rubber implements in general, and rubber straps in particular. You either love it or you hate it! There isn’t much middle ground! So, if you have been limiting your play to hand-spankings, or to spankings or to bondage, perhaps now is the time to expand your horizons and include a paddle or a strap in your next scene. There are a wide variety of implements out there, just waiting for you to find them. Enjoy!
Surface – smooth side rough side gives a different feel

Strap Pervertables
Straps are very effective punishment implements but since they are special built not every spanker has access to one. They are not easy to find and are embarrassing to shop for since you will be looked on as either a child abuser or a spanko. The latter is fine but many still do not want to go public with it. For these reasons many have to resort to pervertables to simulate a proper strap. Those who want to administer an improvised strapping do have a number of choices.

Belts
A belt, doubled over and gripped at the buckle end, is a traditional implement of male and single mother spankers. Some reserve it for use as “firmer discipline” but in other homes the belt is the standard form of spanking used for all offences. It gives a loud smack and so induces a lot of fear, particularly in those that do not receive it that often. Whether they hurt more than a hand spanking depends on the particular variables employed.
Belts are even more difficult to control than a special built strap (where they hit exactly, and how hard). They can hit with the edge, and cause bad and long-lasting bruises. When badly aimed, they can even wrap around the body and cause severe injury. Because of this belts are usually doubled back on themselves. This makes it shorter, allowing more control. But that doubling also allows force to be absorbed by the belt itself. So your strokes will lose some force and therefore pain. Lighter, softer leather about 25cm (1") wide is most effective, and obviously studded belts should be avoided. There are better implements that can be used for hard spankings. But many spankees like them because they were given the belt as kids and want to relive that part of their lives. In response to that the trade has marketed looped straps that work like a belt (see photo). Here is a letter from someone describing her first taste of the belt.
Belt strapping rituals should include the unhitching of the spanker’s pants and then the pulling of the belt backwards through the belt loops. This produces a distinctive sound that will have many spankees weak at the knees upon hearing it. Then the spanker should double the belt and take one or two test strokes on her hand or the bed. There should be a loud “WHACK” sound that indicates great pain if contact is made. This will get the spankee’s attention real quick since that contact will be made shortly after.

Razor Strop
As a pervertable razor strops work well if they are thick enough. If used for spanking they can be called razor straps. Many are too thin now for serious adult use but older ones were thicker. Again, this is usually a paternal implement since razor accessories are found in male territory. Also its impact is too severe for regular maternal spankings. In times gone by many were strapped with such an implement but today razor strops are seldom seen in most homes. That gives them a rarity value. That and the stories told by old-timers about being so punished leads many modern spankees to want to experience one. Sometimes you can get a double layered razor strop that has two thinner straps, one on top of the other. This produces a nice crack with each spank as well as some nice stingy pain.
Beware of cheap straps that have rough or sharp edges as they can cut into the skin. This is an ever present worry as it can cause damage to the sides of the buttocks, often grazing the skin. The goal of a strapping is stinging pain, not cuts and bruises.

“My mother always used a razor strap on us when we misbehaved. Always on the bare butt, too. My gawd, did that thing hurt. I would be crying as soon as I got the first smack. My sister would cry just watching me, knowing she was next. I would yell each time I got another smack. That was usually ten times, but if we were really bad it was fifteen or twenty.”

Strapping Technique
If a girl is to receive a bare bottom punishment strapping, it is assumed that she has either accumulated a string of offences or has committed a single domestic or moral offence of considerable gravity. A good strapping on the bare bottom cannot be considered anything other than a serious punishment, though less so than a caning under the same conditions. The impact pain is comparable. On the whole though a strap must be considered a milder instrument because its effects do not last as long. A well strapped bottom looks spectacular for an hour or two, but a day later the reddening will almost entirely fade away and the only marks remaining may be small blue weals where edges or tails have lashed into flanks. (The pain of a caning can last for days). Corporal punishment in this particular fashion was highly favoured within corrective institutions for girls (which may explain the origin of the "girl's-instrument" prejudice referred to above). In these establishments, delinquent females were not expected to cooperate, but were usually held across trestles or tables while a matron applied the strap.

Using the strap is a step up from single globe implements for both the spanker and spankee. The main target area is again the lower buttocks, but if one is giving a quasi-punishment strapping don’t be afraid to also target the hips, upper thighs and especially the sulcus. This will enhance the pain effect greatly, making it feel like a real punishment.
When using a strap there are two things for the disciplinarian to remember. Firstly, the spankee must feel the punishment across BOTH buttocks simultaneously while the strap sinks deep into the flesh of both buttocks. The diagram below shows the ideal strapping impact location. Both sides of the buttocks are struck with as even a distribution as possible. The main problem when strapping is that the force can continually be concentrated on the furthest buttock, making the punishment uncomfortable instead of painful. There is a difference! Do not alternate side with your strokes.
Secondly, the strap must impact the flesh flatly to produce both sufficient sting and a frightening smacking noise wise. The mark of a good strapping is a full butt that is hit evenly with a single stroke.
Straps can be used on most of the body although the butt and hands are the most common. A strap can be used to give a back whipping. A rebenque is ideal for back whipping with a strap. The legs can also be strapped.

Spankee Positions
The strap can be used in virtually all positions. It can even be used in the whipping ones since a strap is just a wide whip. Nevertheless, strap lovers do seem to prefer certain favourite ones. These are:
OTK - As usual, the OTK and its variations are favourites here as well. Although straps work best as long stroke implements, short ones are available for OTK work. They are a great way to combine intense pain with OTK intimacy. OTKs are also good for gauging strapping intensity. The sharp pain will be immediately sensed by the spanker via spankee flinching and often crying on the first stroke. If there is not enough of this then the spanker can make adjustments and vice versa. The spanker will have to have a good grip on the spankee since the pain will prompt a lot of “bucking”.
School and All-fours positions - In this case it is better if the spankee is laying down flat on a table with a bolster or cushion under her thighs to push the target area into an arc which makes it more accessible to the spanker. This is an excellent position as it is almost impossible to miss the correct area. It is not very often used however as traditionally the person being spanked has been bent either over a chair or to touch their toes.
In all but OTKs the spankee’s legs should be set apart to spread the target area and to make clenching more difficult.
Bed - Receiving the strap while lying face down on a bed is considered one of the best ways to experience the implement, whether for quasi-punishment spankings or erotic ones. It is comfortable for the spankee, especially for long sessions. It is also easier for the spanker who can let gravity work for her. Don’t forget to add some pillows to get the required hip flexion. When the strapping concludes sex can occur very naturally if desired.

Getting Down to Business
Spanker position – Remember that she is now using an implement which is flexible thus she stands farther away from the spankee and starts by resting the strap across the buttocks. This is how the stroke is pre-measured. The end of the strap should be halfway across the further buttock. This is because when striking there is a natural lean in the spanker and the speed of the end which will carry the strap across to the far side of the further buttock. The picture shown is an excellent example of where the strap should strike and the fact that only the arm of the strapper can be seen means that she is standing the correct distance from the spankee. One can control the spankee by placing the left hand on the small of her back.
Practice Stroke – A spanker should always measure her stroke before delivering. This will not only help the aim but up the anxiety level in the spankee. To measure the stroke you use a technique where the first strike you make merely touches the spankee gently. When wielding The Strap you should measure the stroke before delivering it. Assuming the spankee starts from the left, first lay the strap across the buttocks to ensure that the end just reaches the middle of the right buttock. You can then check where the stroke has landed and thus ensure you know exactly where a hard strike will land. This is because the very action of striking drags the arm across the body meaning that the end of the strap will reach the far side of the right buttock but NOT curl round and damage the sides.
Arm Draw-back - The arm is drawn back so that the strap can then be smartly snapped across the buttocks.
The trick - Placing of the strap on the target area. For the spanker it presents a new problem: she must be careful that she does not wrap the strap around the spankee. The longer the strap the harder it is to control the tip, so you will need more practice before using one of the longer, reformatory grade ones. She must also ensure that the target area is struck with the flat of the strap and not the edges.
If the strapper extends her stroke too far the strap will wrap around the body with its tip landing on the side of the body or even on the front. At best the far buttock will be taking the brunt of the punishment. Similarly, If she does not extend far enough only the near buttock will be hit. The object is to hit both buttocks simultaneously and squarely.
First Stroke - At the moment of impact your forearm and the strap, at full "fling", should form together a perfectly straight line - if anything, your wrist and arm should "lead" the strap slightly. The extra "stretch" in your forearm as you whip the end through will provide the other two or three inches and the "business end" will therefore arrive perfectly aligned across the full width of the seat.
Penetration - The strap will penetrate to varying degrees depending on the weight of the implement and the force used. It should sink well into the spankee leaving red marks but no bruising or lines. The underlying flesh will be displaced dramatically but this will be hard to see with the naked eye since it happens so fast. If a tawse is used, as opposed to a plain strap, be prepared for a certain amount of bruising due to the extra length of strap edge. It should tell the spankee that any hopes for an easy punishment can be abandoned.
Repeat - “Rinse-lather-repeat”. That’s how it goes when washing your hair. With a strapping it’s “Aim-Strike-Repeat”. Get ready to deliver the next one. Do this as soon as possible, but this time aim a little bit lower or higher. The strap works its way from the centre of the buttocks upwards and downwards. Keep the spankee guessing as to where the next one will land. This adds to the anxiety and also the surprise when it always seems to land where the spankee did not expect. The second should land just as efficiently as the first. Now you know what to do. Don’t waist any time before delivering #3 and then keep going on all subsequent strokes.
Start each stroke by lightly tapping the buttocks and also slithering across the skin’s surface with the strap. This gets the arm length correct. When the strap leaves the skin the spankee will know that it has been drawn back in preparation for the next stroke. The more slithering between strokes the more the anxiety build-up.

Number of Strokes
Butt strapping tradition usually mandates strokes in multiples of ten, given without any breaks. If the spankee gets an 11th or a 21st, she should be aware that at least nine more are coming. New spankos will find their first strapping to be quite a bit more painful than they expected so you might have to stop before ten. Once the spankee’s butt has toughened up to the strap you can give up to thirty painful spanks and even more pleasurable ones.

Tempo
The strap should be applied at about fifteen strokes to the minute if the full pain cycle is to be experienced to most advantage.
Since the implement is flexible it will take longer to get it into position for the next stroke. This slows the tempo somewhat, say about 12 to 20 strokes per minute. In addition, since straps are severe implements a slower tempo is usually preferred so as to create a more “ordeal” flavoured punishment.

Feedback
How can you tell that the strap has landed correctly? By sound, sight and feel, that’s how. A well delivered strap stroke should produce a good “CRACK” if it lands correctly and a dull sound if wrong. The spankee will make their own sound after a good, square hit.
As for sight, bare bottoms rapidly betray evidence of the application of the strap; an overall reddening and occasional bruising. The vividness of these marks can intimidate some novices but do not be put off! The flush will fade within a very few hours; and a day later you will wonder what all the fuss was about.
With regard to feeling you will only notice this if using one of the high contact positions. In an OTK each stroke should bring a good “bucking” reaction from the spankee. The butt will contract, the back arch and the neck will move back. That means that the stroke has been well delivered and keenly felt.

After-effects
Strappings may or may not leave any marks. It all depends on the weight of the implement, the force used and the state of the spankee’s skin. Below we see the after effects of four particularly severe punishment strappings. The one on the lower right occurred after a caning so both tram lines and redness can be seen. Straps usually produce little more than redness, As such they are preferred by those that like to be spanked often. Occasionally the strap’s outline may show.

“I grew up with strap whippings and while it's true that sometimes the spanker will miss the mark, the more experienced ones can fire off 20 or 30 good accurate licks in rapid succession and have your butt blistered in no time.
The interesting thing about using the belt is that there are two different--and equally effective approaches. One is the slow, measured pace. We had a Catholic school nun who would strap you 30 or 40 times on your bare butt - and it might take 5 or 10 minutes. You had no idea when that whipping was going to end. The principal, however, would give you those same 30 licks in 30 seconds (but she had to get down to business since she was usually administering 15 or 20 strappings on the weekly punishment day).
But if you've never had the strap put to your butt, do start slow. Yes, it's erotic. But your first strapping is probably going to hurt a lot more than you expected. You can build up the tempo after you get used to being strapped.” - Alma

“Sex to me is just not as interesting unless my partner first gives me a good strapping on my bare butt, the harder the better. Then we have fantastic sex. That amounts to three to five strappings a week. They hurt like the dickens but I can’t imagine doing without them now”. – Gloria

“To me a good strapping is as good as the sex itself. I like to get strapped before or after sex and sometimes both. I just love it!” - Abby

Yours truly

ButtPain

#10 johnpaul

johnpaul

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 283 posts

Posted 04 July 2010 - 09:15 PM

Here is something in a bit more detail about strap implements. Hope you enjoy it.

A strapping is a spanking or beating administered with a flexible strap or belt. Being flexible implements they are actually short flat whips. Usually the spankee is bent at the waist is some manner so that the bottom is especially available. When referring to this implement it is common to capitalize it and prefix it with the definite article to show respect for its effectiveness, as in “The Strap”.
The very words “Getting the Strap” will bring an ass pucker to anyone hearing them. You know that you have really screwed up and now you will be getting an especially painful punishment. This is a severe penalty reserved for older spankees when you want to send them a message. Resorted to by many parents as a sort of spanking A-Bomb, it is “oh, now I really did it” type of punishment. But a parent has to like strapping to use this regularly.
Many traditional Scottish homes hung one in a prominent place, where it could be taken down from with great ceremony. In such homes it was usually applied to the miscreant's bottom, clothed or otherwise, with them lying face down on a bed. Home tawses may have been lighter than the fearsome instruments available in schools but parents were not limited in how many strokes that could be applied. The tawse especially is at its best (worst) when used as a glutteal implement supreme. Only the cane delivers more pain but many can argue in favour of the leather. The tawse may be applied over clothing but to be fully effective it should be applied to the bare flesh.
Paddles may be similarly shaped but paddles are rigid while straps are flexible. That means that a blow can be delivered that will give more sting but less damage. You could give just as hard and fast a paddling but you would probably end up with some physical damage. Since it is flexible the strap will take a bit more time to get back into position for the next stroke. That means a slightly slower tempo than what is possible with a paddle. But with practice a strap expert can deliver a fast or a slow spanking, depending on desired effect.

Strapping Culture
The Strap was popular in the Scotland, Canada, Ireland, Catholic schools, and with both Whites and Blacks in the US South. It has been a familiar part of English school life as well. They are suitable for use on the buttocks, upper legs and hands. In Scotland, it has always been used, and in that country, it is commonly known as the tawse - an instrument made of a heavy grade of leather and in the case of the sturdier examples, every bit as formidable as the cane itself. In Scotland the cane is rarely used, and many schools do not possess one at all. A tawse of greater length and weight (usually a 3 tailer) takes its place as the ultimate deterrent. The English school straps are usually a rather less fearsome thing than the tawse, and although it has been in use for a considerable time, it seems to have come into its own in the 20th century. While the Scottish instrument is often quite long and heavy, the English strap is generally shorter and broader. We say generally because English straps come in a wide variety of types and designs, some resembling the tawse in appearance.
In Scotland the tawse was used on both sexes with no sparing the fair one. In England it was sometimes used as a substitute for the cane if it was though that caning was undesirable for girls. This made it a girls’ implement there. Canadian schools were divided. Some did not hesitate to strap girls, others avoided it if possible. However, in North America the strap when used in domestic punishments is perceived to be an implement used by males – it’s a father’s tool for serious transgressions. That being said, many mothers did indeed learn to use the strap, especially for more serious sins. This is especially true with single mother families.
Due to the fleshiness of the average female butt, The Strap is considered an especially appropriate implement for female spankos. Larger rear ends practically cry out for someone to give them a few licks. It seems made for such. Male spankees like to have a woman use a strap on them, The cross-gender implications are found to be exciting. Women like to be strapped by father figures.

Skill
Straps require more spanker skill than similarly shaped paddles. This is because the strap is flexible and thus harder to control. It does not always maintain its position like a paddle. It has to be applied at a certain minimum speed in order to have any force and control of that force. And for that reason it is also difficult to give a soft strapping like one can with a paddle or cane. Nothing gets a spankee’s admiration and respect quicker than realizing that her spanker knows exactly how to deliver an efficient strapping. Spankers must learn this skill through practice. A spanker doesn’t want to look like that she doesn’t know how to use her implement.

Scenarios
Straps are a male implement, used by fathers and school principals. They are seldom used by mothers, aunts or grandmothers. Single mothers may learn how to use a strap so that the ante can be upped if lesser discipline fails. In consensual spanking women use straps much more often. Many men prefer the “F/m Strap” scenario
Straps are used by both lower and middle classes. In school scenarios the strap has a middle class association since that is the social milieu of the teachers and principals using them. In domestic strapping they have a more working class cachet. This is because leather strips are more commonly available in rural settings. Straps are less common in city homes regardless of social class. In role play the language is adjusted accordingly.
The tawse should be given in a more formal school manner. Un-split straps carry a more lower class connotation. Drop those “G’s” and use lower class language.

Physics

Sensual Considerations
Straps can be very punishing or very sensual and erotic. They are especially appreciated in the latter context due to their very organic nature. Leather against skin is an exciting concept to such persons.

Pain Type
The distress levels are fine for spankos and only spankos. Straps deliver a loud smacking sound when used. They also deliver lots of surface stinging pain on impact but it’s pain that many spankees cannot get enough of. After impact there will be a burning sensation which will last for some time depending on severity. Eventually it dies down to an itch and then a great afterglow. An hour or so later and one would never know they had been punished. This is why it is the implement of choice for those who like to be spanked often.
Straps are more stingy and less thuddy than paddles of similar weight and force. This is because they are flexible and absorb some of the force on impact.
In general, for the first few strokes a strapping is experienced as a warming of the buttocks. After a few more strokes, there is a relaxed sensation. As the session proceeds, there is an increasing stinging sensation similar to burning as the condition of the buttocks moves beyond a rosy red. A spankee may be more easily brought to tears or orgasm (depending on mood) if desired by increasing the tempo of the strokes.
Strap pain is of three types – thud, sting and burn. The spankee experiences a stinging sort of smacking pain on the skin surface. I must remind you that we can do this as either a quasi-punishment or a sensual one. We will give some great butt sting which will gradually yield to a warm afterglow which permeates the spankee. The sting with subside fairly quickly, usually within an hour even for more severe ones. Since straps sting so nice and are relatively harmless they are popular choices for erotic spankings.
When the stroke lands there will be some thudding or penetration pain, at the strap sinks in and compacts the underlying tissues, damaging them to a greater or lesser extent. The heavier the strap the more thud but all will sting.
As the strap is lifted from its target the butt returns to its usual shape and the blood then returns to the underlying tissues. This is painful because these tissues are now damaged so that the re-entering blood hits the nerve endings there. This is what causes the burning sensation that lasts a while and is much appreciated by the spankee. The burning may eventually turn into an itching sensation as the body returns to normal.
Strappings are more complex as they will tend to have a whipping effect. The point of this is to take it easy when using a strap.

Specific Ritual
The strap is often slithered across the butt before the spanking and between strokes in order to build anxiety. Preparatory aiming is also common, for the same reason and also to assist in accuracy. Prior to spanking the implement is often put into a position so that the spankee can see it and contemplate what is in store.

Advantages
• Discrete - Straps produce a lot of pain with little marking or after-effects other than a great afterglow that lasts an hour or so. This is good if the spankee likes frequent punishments since healing is fast and leaves no tattle tale marks.
• Audio - Straps make a fierce sound when applied. This has a great psychological effect on spankees.
• Flexibility - Straps mold themselves to the body as they strike, giving a much more personal feel than rigid paddles
• Organic - Leather straps have a more organic feel than rigid implements which makes them more appropriate for sensuous and erotic spankings
• Coverage - Both buttock cheeks can be struck at the same time. This greatly increases its pain, coverage, and memorability.
• High speed - The other is its suitability for long stroke ass-whippings. Although short stroke strappings are possible, it is their long stroke versions that are really dreaded by wrong-doers. High implement speeds can be reached and that means that some real pain will be experienced at the receiving end.
• Versatility - The strap is the only implement that can be used to great effect on both hands and buttocks and even the back.

Disadvantages
• Wrapping - Since they are flexible straps will wrap around the body if care is not taken in targeting.
• Learning Curve - Straps are a little harder to use, because they are flexible and bend. A paddle’s effect is fairly easy to predict, the flat part always hits the target.
• Controllability - Flexibility also enables a strap to twist so that it does not always strike the buttocks squarely. This means that the strapper will have to be more skilled than a paddler if they want to deliver a proper punishment.

Strap Variation
Straps also have a history and fetish value. Some readers might remember Daddy’s Belt, or the razor strop from their childhood. Straps are longer and narrower as well as more flexible than paddles. With the exception of the Scottish tawse most straps are improvised from other materials. The manufacture of special built strapping implements is relatively recent.
Purpose built straps are used mostly by schools, reformatories and since the internet, by spankos. Real straps are hard to come by. Most real life strapping is done with pervertables. Straps come in a variety of lengths, widths and thicknesses (see photo at right). All of these variables will affect the spanking experience. Let’s see how.

Shape - Most are straight and rectangular but some are tapered towards a wider end..
Thickness – Extra thickness adds extra weight and thus more thud. The thicker the strap the heavier and less flexible it will be. This again means more force, ergo more pain. One quarter inch seems to be the most popular. Too thick and it loses too much flexibility. To little and it is too thin to get that ass-pucker feeling in the spankee.
Flexibility – The stiffer a strap’s “action” is the more paddle-like and painful it will be. In fact, the stiffer ones are sometimes called “straddles”. Flexible straps bounce some of the stroke’s force back from the target, so will be less painful. But that stiffness helps prevents wrapping. The latter was made by toasting leather over a fire, thereby hardening it, and then
Length – The longer the strap the faster the business end can be made to move for any angular velocity. This means more pain. Shorter straps are used for OTKs, longer ones for ass whippings.
Lengths can range from 12 to 30 inches. This means more pain and a greater tendency to wrap.
Width – The wider the strap the less sting it will have for any given impact speed since the force per unit area will be less. They look more fearsome but are actually easier on the butt. A narrow strap is fearsome indeed, as it becomes more whip-like the narrower it is. As for width, we have a trade-off. Contrary to what many would think, it is the narrower straps that hurt more. Wide straps mean more “smack” while narrower ones will mean more bite. A wide strap absorbs more force when it impacts but this can be compensated for by imparting more speed. Each gives a different type of sting. Some spankees prefer one, some the other, many like to mix it up with two straps used in each session while still others like to alternate widths on strapping days.

Handles – Paddles have distinct handles whereas straps often do not. Some straps have one end cut to make holding easier. But many others have no special handle features. Straps with a handle will be easier to use and to hit properly so they will be more effective (read “painful”). A whip on a long handle is a favourite of South American gauchos. This implement is called a rebenque and is essentially a strap on a long stick. This can be used on the butt or the back for a more whipping-like feel.

Ends - To add to the design elements, they can also be shaped, with squared, rounded or pointed ends or split down part of their lengths like the Scottish tawse.

Edges – The edges of a strap blade may be squared, pointed, angled or rounded. Pointed ones will be more painful.

Splits – Straps that are split down the blade as we shall see are called tawses. There may be two to five resultant tails. Splitting effectively makes each stroke one from a narrower implement, which as we just said is more painful. Then the pain per tail can be multiplied by the number of tails. This all greatly increases the pain compared to a single tail of similar width. Cutting a slit about one-third to one-half the distance to make it more flexible. This design amounts to striking twice or thrice with each stroke.

Holes - Just lkike a paddle, holes can be put into the blade in order to increase edge length to increase "bite" pain. They also cut wind resistance.

Material – “Getting leathered” is another term for a strapping in some locales. Leather is the most common material used in straps but it is not the most painful. It is the most sensuous for erotic purposes but those made out of rubber or webbing (popular in Canadian schools) are even more painful. Use them for punishment style strappings. Edges should not be sharp since this can cause cutting. The Canadian school strap was often made from a strip of webbing. These days, straps can also be made of rubber, which is a whole different "animal." Rubber is different in that it leaves a "memory" after each stroke, thereby building the effect cumulatively more sharply than leathers. Neoprene rubber is very durable and is easy to clean and care for. Get out your auto tire cleaner and it’s as good as new in no time. And, rubber is an "acquired taste." My observation in the scene is that people are not "wishy-washy" about their attitude towards rubber implements in general, and rubber straps in particular. You either love it or you hate it! There isn’t much middle ground! So, if you have been limiting your play to hand-spankings, or to spankings or to bondage, perhaps now is the time to expand your horizons and include a paddle or a strap in your next scene. There are a wide variety of implements out there, just waiting for you to find them. Enjoy!

Strap Pervertables
Straps are very effective punishment implements but since they are special built not every spanker has access to one. They are not easy to find and are embarrassing to shop for since you will be looked on as either a child abuser or a spanko. The latter is fine but many still do not want to go public with it. For these reasons many have to resort to pervertables to simulate a proper strap. Those who want to administer an improvised strapping do have a number of choices.

Belts
A belt, doubled over and gripped at the buckle end, is a traditional implement of male and single mother spankers. Some reserve it for use as “firmer discipline” but in other homes the belt is the standard form of spanking used for all offences. It gives a loud smack and so induces a lot of fear, particularly in those that do not receive it that often. Whether they hurt more than a hand spanking depends on the particular variables employed.
Belts are even more difficult to control than a special built strap (where they hit exactly, and how hard). They can hit with the edge, and cause bad and long-lasting bruises. When badly aimed, they can even wrap around the body and cause severe injury. Because of this belts are usually doubled back on themselves. This makes it shorter, allowing more control. But that doubling also allows force to be absorbed by the belt itself. So your strokes will lose some force and therefore pain. Lighter, softer leather about 25cm (1") wide is most effective, and obviously studded belts should be avoided. There are better implements that can be used for hard spankings. But many spankees like them because they were given the belt as kids and want to relive that part of their lives. In response to that the trade has marketed looped straps that work like a belt (see photo). Here is a letter from someone describing her first taste of the belt.
Belt strapping rituals should include the unhitching of the spanker’s pants and then the pulling of the belt backwards through the belt loops. This produces a distinctive sound that will have many spankees weak at the knees upon hearing it. Then the spanker should double the belt and take one or two test strokes on her hand or the bed. There should be a loud “WHACK” sound that indicates great pain if contact is made. This will get the spankee’s attention real quick since that contact will be made shortly after.

Razor Strop
As a pervertable razor strops work well if they are thick enough. If used for spanking they can be called razor straps. Many are too thin now for serious adult use but older ones were thicker. Again, this is usually a paternal implement since razor accessories are found in male territory. Also its impact is too severe for regular maternal spankings. In times gone by many were strapped with such an implement but today razor strops are seldom seen in most homes. That gives them a rarity value. That and the stories told by old-timers about being so punished leads many modern spankees to want to experience one. Sometimes you can get a double layered razor strop that has two thinner straps, one on top of the other. This produces a nice crack with each spank as well as some nice stingy pain.
Beware of cheap straps that have rough or sharp edges as they can cut into the skin. This is an ever present worry as it can cause damage to the sides of the buttocks, often grazing the skin. The goal of a strapping is stinging pain, not cuts and bruises.

“My mother always used a razor strap on us when we misbehaved. Always on the bare butt, too. My gawd, did that thing hurt. I would be crying as soon as I got the first smack. My sister would cry just watching me, knowing she was next. I would yell each time I got another smack. That was usually ten times, but if we were really bad it was fifteen or twenty.”

Strapping Technique
If a girl is to receive a bare bottom punishment strapping, it is assumed that she has either accumulated a string of offences or has committed a single domestic or moral offence of considerable gravity. A good strapping on the bare bottom cannot be considered anything other than a serious punishment, though less so than a caning under the same conditions. The impact pain is comparable. On the whole though a strap must be considered a milder instrument because its effects do not last as long. A well strapped bottom looks spectacular for an hour or two, but a day later the reddening will almost entirely fade away and the only marks remaining may be small blue weals where edges or tails have lashed into flanks. (The pain of a caning can last for days). Corporal punishment in this particular fashion was highly favoured within corrective institutions for girls (which may explain the origin of the "girl's-instrument" prejudice referred to above). In these establishments, delinquent females were not expected to cooperate, but were usually held across trestles or tables while a matron applied the strap.

Using the strap is a step up from single globe implements for both the spanker and spankee. The main target area is again the lower buttocks, but if one is giving a quasi-punishment strapping don’t be afraid to also target the hips, upper thighs and especially the sulcus. This will enhance the pain effect greatly, making it feel like a real punishment.
When using a strap there are two things for the disciplinarian to remember. Firstly, the spankee must feel the punishment across BOTH buttocks simultaneously while the strap sinks deep into the flesh of both buttocks. The diagram below shows the ideal strapping impact location. Both sides of the buttocks are struck with as even a distribution as possible. The main problem when strapping is that the force can continually be concentrated on the furthest buttock, making the punishment uncomfortable instead of painful. There is a difference! Do not alternate side with your strokes.
Secondly, the strap must impact the flesh flatly to produce both sufficient sting and a frightening smacking noise wise. The mark of a good strapping is a full butt that is hit evenly with a single stroke.
Straps can be used on most of the body although the butt and hands are the most common. A strap can be used to give a back whipping. A rebenque is ideal for back whipping with a strap. The legs can also be strapped.

Spankee Positions
The strap can be used in virtually all positions. It can even be used in the whipping ones since a strap is just a wide whip. Nevertheless, strap lovers do seem to prefer certain favourite ones. These are:
OTK - As usual, the OTK and its variations are favourites here as well. Although straps work best as long stroke implements, short ones are available for OTK work. They are a great way to combine intense pain with OTK intimacy. OTKs are also good for gauging strapping intensity. The sharp pain will be immediately sensed by the spanker via spankee flinching and often crying on the first stroke. If there is not enough of this then the spanker can make adjustments and vice versa. The spanker will have to have a good grip on the spankee since the pain will prompt a lot of “bucking”.
School and All-fours positions - In this case it is better if the spankee is laying down flat on a table with a bolster or cushion under her thighs to push the target area into an arc which makes it more accessible to the spanker. This is an excellent position as it is almost impossible to miss the correct area. It is not very often used however as traditionally the person being spanked has been bent either over a chair or to touch their toes.
In all but OTKs the spankee’s legs should be set apart to spread the target area and to make clenching more difficult.
Bed - Receiving the strap while lying face down on a bed is considered one of the best ways to experience the implement, whether for quasi-punishment spankings or erotic ones. It is comfortable for the spankee, especially for long sessions. It is also easier for the spanker who can let gravity work for her. Don’t forget to add some pillows to get the required hip flexion. When the strapping concludes sex can occur very naturally if desired.

Getting Down to Business
Spanker position – Remember that she is now using an implement which is flexible thus she stands farther away from the spankee and starts by resting the strap across the buttocks. This is how the stroke is pre-measured. The end of the strap should be halfway across the further buttock. This is because when striking there is a natural lean in the spanker and the speed of the end which will carry the strap across to the far side of the further buttock. The picture shown is an excellent example of where the strap should strike and the fact that only the arm of the strapper can be seen means that she is standing the correct distance from the spankee. One can control the spankee by placing the left hand on the small of her back.
Practice Stroke – A spanker should always measure her stroke before delivering. This will not only help the aim but up the anxiety level in the spankee. To measure the stroke you use a technique where the first strike you make merely touches the spankee gently. When wielding The Strap you should measure the stroke before delivering it. Assuming the spankee starts from the left, first lay the strap across the buttocks to ensure that the end just reaches the middle of the right buttock. You can then check where the stroke has landed and thus ensure you know exactly where a hard strike will land. This is because the very action of striking drags the arm across the body meaning that the end of the strap will reach the far side of the right buttock but NOT curl round and damage the sides.
Arm Draw-back - The arm is drawn back so that the strap can then be smartly snapped across the buttocks.
The trick - Placing of the strap on the target area. For the spanker it presents a new problem: she must be careful that she does not wrap the strap around the spankee. The longer the strap the harder it is to control the tip, so you will need more practice before using one of the longer, reformatory grade ones. She must also ensure that the target area is struck with the flat of the strap and not the edges.
If the strapper extends her stroke too far the strap will wrap around the body with its tip landing on the side of the body or even on the front. At best the far buttock will be taking the brunt of the punishment. Similarly, If she does not extend far enough only the near buttock will be hit. The object is to hit both buttocks simultaneously and squarely.
First Stroke - At the moment of impact your forearm and the strap, at full "fling", should form together a perfectly straight line - if anything, your wrist and arm should "lead" the strap slightly. The extra "stretch" in your forearm as you whip the end through will provide the other two or three inches and the "business end" will therefore arrive perfectly aligned across the full width of the seat.
Penetration - The strap will penetrate to varying degrees depending on the weight of the implement and the force used. It should sink well into the spankee leaving red marks but no bruising or lines. The underlying flesh will be displaced dramatically but this will be hard to see with the naked eye since it happens so fast. If a tawse is used, as opposed to a plain strap, be prepared for a certain amount of bruising due to the extra length of strap edge. It should tell the spankee that any hopes for an easy punishment can be abandoned.
Repeat - “Rinse-lather-repeat”. That’s how it goes when washing your hair. With a strapping it’s “Aim-Strike-Repeat”. Get ready to deliver the next one. Do this as soon as possible, but this time aim a little bit lower or higher. The strap works its way from the centre of the buttocks upwards and downwards. Keep the spankee guessing as to where the next one will land. This adds to the anxiety and also the surprise when it always seems to land where the spankee did not expect. The second should land just as efficiently as the first. Now you know what to do. Don’t waist any time before delivering #3 and then keep going on all subsequent strokes.
Start each stroke by lightly tapping the buttocks and also slithering across the skin’s surface with the strap. This gets the arm length correct. When the strap leaves the skin the spankee will know that it has been drawn back in preparation for the next stroke. The more slithering between strokes the more the anxiety build-up.

Number of Strokes
Butt strapping tradition usually mandates strokes in multiples of ten, given without any breaks. If the spankee gets an 11th or a 21st, she should be aware that at least nine more are coming. New spankos will find their first strapping to be quite a bit more painful than they expected so you might have to stop before ten. Once the spankee’s butt has toughened up to the strap you can give up to thirty painful spanks and even more pleasurable ones.

Tempo
The strap should be applied at about fifteen strokes to the minute if the full pain cycle is to be experienced to most advantage.
Since the implement is flexible it will take longer to get it into position for the next stroke. This slows the tempo somewhat, say about 12 to 20 strokes per minute. In addition, since straps are severe implements a slower tempo is usually preferred so as to create a more “ordeal” flavoured punishment.

Feedback
How can you tell that the strap has landed correctly? By sound, sight and feel, that’s how. A well delivered strap stroke should produce a good “CRACK” if it lands correctly and a dull sound if wrong. The spankee will make their own sound after a good, square hit.
As for sight, bare bottoms rapidly betray evidence of the application of the strap; an overall reddening and occasional bruising. The vividness of these marks can intimidate some novices but do not be put off! The flush will fade within a very few hours; and a day later you will wonder what all the fuss was about.
With regard to feeling you will only notice this if using one of the high contact positions. In an OTK each stroke should bring a good “bucking” reaction from the spankee. The butt will contract, the back arch and the neck will move back. That means that the stroke has been well delivered and keenly felt.

After-effects
Strappings may or may not leave any marks. It all depends on the weight of the implement, the force used and the state of the spankee’s skin. Below we see the after effects of four particularly severe punishment strappings. The one on the lower right occurred after a caning so both tram lines and redness can be seen. Straps usually produce little more than redness, As such they are preferred by those that like to be spanked often. Occasionally the strap’s outline may show.

“I grew up with strap whippings and while it's true that sometimes the spanker will miss the mark, the more experienced ones can fire off 20 or 30 good accurate licks in rapid succession and have your butt blistered in no time.
The interesting thing about using the belt is that there are two different--and equally effective approaches. One is the slow, measured pace. We had a Catholic school nun who would strap you 30 or 40 times on your bare butt - and it might take 5 or 10 minutes. You had no idea when that whipping was going to end. The principal, however, would give you those same 30 licks in 30 seconds (but she had to get down to business since she was usually administering 15 or 20 strappings on the weekly punishment day).
But if you've never had the strap put to your butt, do start slow. Yes, it's erotic. But your first strapping is probably going to hurt a lot more than you expected. You can build up the tempo after you get used to being strapped.” - Alma

“Sex to me is just not as interesting unless my partner first gives me a good strapping on my bare butt, the harder the better. Then we have fantastic sex. That amounts to three to five strappings a week. They hurt like the dickens but I can’t imagine doing without them now”. – Gloria

“To me a good strapping is as good as the sex itself. I like to get strapped before or after sex and sometimes both. I just love it!” - Abby

Well, since I have more days behind me, than in front of me, I guess I might pass through this life having missed this experience. Soon will be 64, and we are only promised 70 years, so I guess, unless I change my mind, I will not get the belt.

Thanks for the answers, I will not share them with my spanker. She might think it something I should experience in this life!!

JP

#11 johnpaul

johnpaul

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 283 posts

Posted 04 July 2010 - 09:15 PM

Strapping Culture

Skill

Scenarios

Physics

Sensual Considerations

Pain Type

Specific Ritual

Advantages

Disadvantages

Strap Variation

Strap Pervertables

Belts

Razor Strop

Strapping Technique

Spankee Positions

Getting Down to Business

Number of Strokes

Tempo

Feedback

After-effects

Well, since I have more days behind me, than in front of me, I guess I might pass through this life having missed this experience. Soon will be 64, and we are only promised 70 years, so I guess, unless I change my mind, I will not get the strap.

Thanks for the answers, I will not share them with my spanker. She might think it something I should experience in this life!!

JP

#12 Her_guy

Her_guy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 13 July 2010 - 08:05 PM

Hi Buttpain,

That explanation of how to properly use a strap was the most detailed and helpful one I have ever seen. Thanks for posting it. It appears that there were some illustrative pictures with it which are not in your post. Can you tell us where you found it so we can look it up? My Wife is the one who uses the strap here and she does better with illustrations than with descriptions.

Thanks!

Ed

#13 Guest_lilac_*

Guest_lilac_*
  • Guests

Posted 13 July 2010 - 08:34 PM

I'm going to post a dual comment here so bear with me if you seem confused.

First of all to Buttpain thank you so much for that oh so informative lesson in straps. I loved it. I always appreciate it when members post wonderful learning facts to the spanking community.

Now here is to the board. A simple request. When there is such a long post such as Buttpain's you don't need to quote it in your comment. If more than one person does it it makes getting to the new comments so much longer. Simply hit add reply instead of replying directly to the comment. You can address that person by name if you'd like so they know your post is for them but quoting something so long so many times can make a person literally dizzy. Thank you.

#14 ammon

ammon

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 779 posts

Posted 18 July 2010 - 02:32 PM

Thanks, buttpain, for the excellent treatise on straps, belts, and razor straps. You did a fine job of explaining it all, and much more than that, making me really long for the strap (i know someone special who helped out with it awhile ago....wish she'd do it again...with a lot more attention with the strap!!!)

And Lilac, i so agree with you on reposting long posts. Glad you stated what should have been so obvious. Guess some of us just need the strap to help us learn!! (i'm sure the strap would help me learn!)

Thanks to you both.

Ammon

#15 johnpaul

johnpaul

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 283 posts

Posted 25 July 2010 - 10:29 PM

Well, since I have more days behind me, than in front of me, I guess I might pass through this life having missed this experience. Soon will be 64, and we are only promised 70 years, so I guess, unless I change my mind, I will not get the strap.

JP

I read again the notes on the strap and I am wondering, do women strap men? In the notes, it made note of "her" bottom and used the word "her" more than one time.

JP

#16 Catharsis By Her Hand

Catharsis By Her Hand

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 602 posts
  • Location:SE Mich @ iSwat - Institute Spanking Wisdom And Technology

Posted 26 July 2010 - 05:21 AM

I read again the notes on the strap and I am wondering, do women strap men? In the notes, it made note of "her" bottom and used the word "her" more than one time.

JP

I assure you, based on my experiences with Loving Witness, women strap men!. Does she ever! Delicious!
"Most men fantasize about receiving a hard disciplinary punishment but aren't quite prepared for what it involves... It is a tremendous amount of pain applied in a manner that is beyond their limits in order to teach them a proper lesson." Miss J, lead of Women-Spanking-Men.com

#17 johnpaul

johnpaul

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 283 posts

Posted 26 July 2010 - 08:33 AM

I assure you, based on my experiences with Loving Witness, women strap men!. Does she ever! Delicious!

It just seemed to me, if the OTK deal was used, it would not be so much a deal, but then I have never had the strap, so I could really say.

DO you think if I told my wife that the best birth control for women over 50 is nudity, that it would stir up her up and she might consent to using it? But, I am not that brave.... yet.

JP

#18 Guest_SuzyQ69_*

Guest_SuzyQ69_*
  • Guests

Posted 26 July 2010 - 04:11 PM

DO you think if I told my wife that the best birth control for women over 50 is nudity, that it would stir up her up and she might consent to using it? But, I am not that brave.... yet.

JP

I wouldn't do that if I were you...a woman would not be pleased to have that said to her, lol.

#19 Tal

Tal

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 612 posts

Posted 27 July 2010 - 06:31 AM

Thanks,

JP

The only time I ever had the strap applied was in school. Our jr. high principal, who also happened to be my history teacher, had this love relationship with his strap. He called it "Dr. Feelsgood".

3 licks. A lot of pain. And bruises for a week. (A 20 minute wait for "sitting action".)

Posted Image

Smartassatosis ... a disease of brain and butt. When the brain gets "smart" the butt gets sore.

http://www.domesticdisciplineandmentoring.com/index.php

#20 stevie4cp

stevie4cp

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 03 September 2010 - 06:57 PM

thanks for the great post! If only there was that much detail on every implement! did you write it yourself? if from somewhere else, what is the link? I must admit the strap is my favorite implement to be whipped with, as it hurts so much but recovers fast.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users