• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 spankmeal

spankmeal

Advanced Member

• Root Admin
  • 401 posts

Posted 30 April 2010 - 02:39 PM

There is obviously a bit of a regression factor in submitting to a spanking like a naughty child... Since I have not been able to find a spanking partner I have been exploring the regression area more to give me that same mental release that being spanked does. If I've had a bad day sometimes I feel a lot better if I turn on some cartoons and suck on a pacifier for a while.

Anyone else practice other forms of regression / mental relaxation?

SpankmeAL -

Looking for a REAL spanking in Birmingham. Regular discipline provider a plus!spanking@spankingneeds.com

#2 Guest_r2botk_*

Guest_r2botk_*
  • Guests

Posted 30 April 2010 - 03:10 PM

Although I've been a spanker for 20 years, I have never heard of the 'Regression Factor.' Of course I did have a small discussion with a friend (former spankee) about a pacifier I found. She chose not to talk about it with me, and I tried to respect that. I say whatever works, go for it. Learning more and more everyday.Posted Image

#3 Guest_lilac_*

Guest_lilac_*
  • Guests

Posted 30 April 2010 - 03:15 PM

I haven't at all but I think I understand it. There are times when my pain is so intense that I feel like sucking my thumb. I never understand why, I guess I feel helpless during those times and it takes me back to a time when I was little. Maybe I should try it and see if it helps like a spanking use to in the good ole days when I was spanked. Interesting topic.

#4 Guest_purplebottom_*

Guest_purplebottom_*
  • Guests

Posted 30 April 2010 - 07:22 PM

Someone Please spank this man!!!
If I were closer and I were a spanker I would help!!! :)

Al, How could you have joinrd in '69. There was no internet???

#5 bradguy99

bradguy99

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 60 posts

Posted 30 April 2010 - 07:53 PM

Regression? :P ..... Don't hafta to do that. Some of us never grew up.

#6 MissBam

MissBam

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,062 posts

Posted 01 May 2010 - 01:27 AM

Someone Please spank this man!!!
If I were closer and I were a spanker I would help!!! :)

Al, How could you have joinrd in '69. There was no internet???

No..people had much stronger psychic ability then...
Never let your morals get in your way of doing what's right.

#7 MissBam

MissBam

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,062 posts

Posted 01 May 2010 - 01:29 AM

Regression? :P ..... Don't hafta to do that. Some of us never grew up.

As is evidenced by their silly behavior in some of these forums! Straighten up, buster! <_<

#8 MissBam

MissBam

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,062 posts

Posted 01 May 2010 - 01:31 AM

There is obviously a bit of a regression factor in submitting to a spanking like a naughty child... Since I have not been able to find a spanking partner I have been exploring the regression area more to give me that same mental release that being spanked does. If I've had a bad day sometimes I feel a lot better if I turn on some cartoons and suck on a pacifier for a while.

Anyone else practice other forms of regression / mental relaxation?

Spanking itself can be a form of regression. I honestly hadn't thought about any of these things but it makes perfect sense to me.

MB

#9 Guest_becka_*

Guest_becka_*
  • Guests

Posted 01 May 2010 - 07:31 AM

I think regression is definitely a part of spanking. It is evident in the titles of posts in the meet-up section. So many people who seek discipline are looking for a parental figure, often because they lacked it in childhood and recognize that need. It makes sense that regression would be a part of it,many of my mentees call me mom and my first mentor was like a dad to me.

#10 Baby Winnie

Baby Winnie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 107 posts

Posted 01 May 2010 - 09:40 AM

I definitely practice "regression". Part of the spanking for me is the age play component - I like to be treated childishly, even babyishly. Diapers come into play a lot.

That does NOT mean I think real babies should ever be spanked! However, any of us could avoid putting ourselves into the situation, or leave the situation any time we wanted, so getting a spanking is very much like regressing in that you are giving up control to someone else for a time.

For those of us into regression, it seems harder to find someone who will spank us. Even more so if you are an age player and gender player.

#11 spankmeal

spankmeal

Advanced Member

• Root Admin
  • 401 posts

Posted 01 May 2010 - 07:27 PM

lol, must have been the default date when I opened the board!

Age-play is more of a role-play situation where you pretend to be a different age, where regressing is allowing yourself to be 'younger' than you actually are. Not sure if that makes sense. Kinda the difference between acting like a child and becoming your inner child for a while.

SpankmeAL -

Looking for a REAL spanking in Birmingham. Regular discipline provider a plus!spanking@spankingneeds.com

#12 Loving Witness

Loving Witness

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 02 May 2010 - 10:37 AM

Everyone has their own means of regression, what works for some, may not work for others.

In regards to the pacifier, a pacifier is an nipple shaped object that is generally used to pacify infants when they cry. Pacifying an infant calms their emotions, and relieves their stress.

Usually the children outgrow the need for the actual pacifier with the help of their parents. Generally because the parent feels the child no longer needs it, and them sucking on them will lead to orthodontic issues. But rest assured, most all infants become Very Attached to their pacifiers. Some parents remove the pacifier from the infants by hiding them, burning them or stealing them before the pacifier finally makes its way to the trash can. You do get the occasional parent that will buy fifty of them so that the parents are both pacified and never without one, to keep the child from crying. But seeing a ten year old child with a pacifier tends to draw more attention to the parent, for lacking parental skills if you will. LOL The pacifier can work for both child and the parent to a point, but for some children, removing the pacifier too soon can lead to regressions later in life.

Once the pacifier object is removed from the child, the child will seek out another means for calming themselves and relieving their stress. Generally children find comfort in food, blankets, or a stuffed animal. The same can hold true for adults as everyone seeks comfort and relaxation in one form or another in their lives. This comfort can be by means of a pacifier, wearing diapers, hugging, spanking, drinking, approval, discipline, yoga, food or whatever it may be that relaxes that particular individual, and fulfills their comfort needs.

I would venture to say that regression enters the picture when we seek the same soothing comforts associated with being an infant. So for some, regression becomes a never ending battle to find that missing element of comfort they desire.

That's just my two cents. Hell, and I'm not even sure if this relates to your question now. LOL

Loving Witness

By allowing our bodies to be stripped and beaten, our wills to be humbled and our tears to flow in the presence of a Loving Witness, we are literally re-creating the Descent of the Goddess with each punishment.

#13 Zhal

Zhal

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 358 posts

Posted 02 May 2010 - 01:05 PM

I guess the regressive parts are having my disciplinarian pull down my pants and underpants, and having her refer to me in terms on single or low double-digit ages.

#14 Louise

Louise

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 686 posts

Posted 08 May 2010 - 08:21 AM

I don't personally feel any sense of regression because I have never asssociated spanking with childhood. I was never spanked as a child, and even when I was a child my fascination was with adult women getting spanked by adult men(I first saaw a woman getting spanked in an episode of The Lone Ranger). Being spanked does not make me feel childlike, but on the contary, very adult.

Louise

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users