#1 MichiganHeadmaster

MichiganHeadmaster

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,436 posts

Posted 10 July 2008 - 04:28 PM

This came up in chat a week or so ago.

Quite a while back there was a thread on spanking protocols, and corner time is certainly a protocol in and of itself and is relevant to that thread, but I think this particular protocol deserves its own discussion.

So, who out there uses it, and what is your purpose, and what happens during corner time?
Come visit us at the all-new Spanking Therapy Discussion Board

The new site supports blogs and images!

We will attempt to migrate most or all of the prior discussions to the new site.

#2 C P

C P

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 184 posts

Posted 10 July 2008 - 04:33 PM

QUOTE (MichHeadmaster @ Jul 10 2008, 04:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Quite a while back there was a thread on spanking protocols, and corner time is certainly a protocol in and of itself and is relevant to that thread, but I think this particular protocol deserves its own discussion.

So, who out there uses it, and what is your purpose, and what happens during corner time?

lol Better yet who doesn't and why lol
CP

#3 MichiganHeadmaster

MichiganHeadmaster

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,436 posts

Posted 10 July 2008 - 04:37 PM

When I was beginning, I never really considered corner time at all. I knew virtually all spankees hated it, and I figured, why add proverbial insult to injury?

But I learned from my spankees and from other spankers that corner time was, in addition to a time of reflection, something to do with the spankee during breaks (as opposed to, say, just leaving them across your lap or bending over a desk or laying on a bed).

So, that is exactly how I have been using it. Actually, I got to calling all breaks "corner time" in a generic sense, sometimes using an actual corner or all, and sometimes doing "corner time in place" while they waited for the spanking to once again commence. So to my "corner time" is a synonym for a needed break.

What happens during corner time? Well, talking, checking on the spankee's condition, lecturing, scolding - there are plenty of possibilities.

In chat, I found that some spankers like to deliver a swat or two to the spankee to remind her of her predicament and upcoming continuation of the session. I haven't considered that but it sounded intriguing.

I'm anxious to learn what others do and your theories behind (pardon the pun) it.

We will attempt to migrate most or all of the prior discussions to the new site.

#4 MichiganHeadmaster

MichiganHeadmaster

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,436 posts

Posted 10 July 2008 - 04:38 PM

QUOTE (Mentor/Disciplinarian @ Jul 10 2008, 06:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
lol Better yet who doesn't and why lol
CP

LOL! I didn't, but do now.

#5 chancellor

chancellor

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 97 posts

Posted 10 July 2008 - 04:39 PM

QUOTE (MichHeadmaster @ Jul 10 2008, 05:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

With regard to punishment sessions, I think it's relevant for several reasons: (1) It's a good segue from the world that the spankee has just come from into the discipline session. It allows the spankee to"center" himself/herself and begin reflection on what they'd done and the consequences that will be delivered very soon; (2) It gives the disciplinarian the opportunity to begin administering the punshiment verbally; (3) It's useful throughout the session to give the spankee time to process the punishment they've received thus far. and (4) after the punishment to again reflect on what's just happened and to resolve to make the necessary corrections.

Although I'm sure there are other reasons to use it during a therapeutic or maintenance spanking, the first reason would apply in all cases.

I'm sure there are many more reasons for corner time and others will provide their thoughts.

#6 Louise

Louise

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 686 posts

Posted 10 July 2008 - 11:59 PM

My husband has never asked me to stand in the corner, and I don't think ti's something either of us could take seriously. I think we'd probably both get the giggles. An added problem is that our house has no unoccupied corners in it at all (we are all great accumulators of possessions) so there isn't really one to stand in.

Also, I think I would get bored very quickly, and then I would get irritable, and that would sort of negate the benefit of being spanked, which generally makes me feel more docile and compliant. Standing around in the corner I'd just get ratty again.

However, when he has spanked me at bedtime, he makes me lie on my bottom afterwards, usually for at least an hour, which can be quite uncomfortable.

Louise

#7 Guest_Coco_*

Guest_Coco_*
  • Guests

Posted 11 July 2008 - 01:42 PM

I believe corner time is a good thing--it is a needed break when the person being spanked is getting close the the limit of their tolerance, and they are not yet done with their punishment spanking.

I don't hate corner time, but I don't like it much either.

A previous disciplinarian used to put me in the corner for 15 minutes before spanking and 15 minutes after. That was good "time to reflect" both before and after.

Another disciplinarian used to make me sit in the corner for an hour each night as part of a punishment for speeding or other misdeeds. That was excessive and didn't really do anything as far as making me regret my misdeeds. Instead it made me anxious to the point of having anxiety attacks. I would not suggest using that length of time in the corner for standard punishments.

I'd say 5-15 minutes is about maximum advisable time.

Cocoa

#8 NeedASpanking

NeedASpanking

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 85 posts

Posted 11 July 2008 - 07:26 PM

I agree with Coco. I get about 10-15 minutes of corner time, before the spanking resumes. My disciplinarian uses corner time much the same way as Larry does.

#9 Brat

Brat

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted 11 July 2008 - 11:51 PM

QUOTE (MichHeadmaster @ Jul 10 2008, 03:37 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
When I was beginning, I never really considered corner time at all. I knew virtually all spankees hated it, and I figured, why add proverbial insult to injury?

But I learned from my spankees and from other spankers that corner time was, in addition to a time of reflection, something to do with the spankee during breaks (as opposed to, say, just leaving them across your lap or bending over a desk or laying on a bed).

So, that is exactly how I have been using it. Actually, I got to calling all breaks "corner time" in a generic sense, sometimes using an actual corner or all, and sometimes doing "corner time in place" while they waited for the spanking to once again commence. So to my "corner time" is a synonym for a needed break.

What happens during corner time? Well, talking, checking on the spankee's condition, lecturing, scolding - there are plenty of possibilities.

In chat, I found that some spankers like to deliver a swat or two to the spankee to remind her of her predicament and upcoming continuation of the session. I haven't considered that but it sounded intriguing.

I'm anxious to learn what others do and your theories behind (pardon the pun) it.

In my case "corner time" is used to remind me of the rules I broke and to give me time to reflect on my actions while the punishment is stll "fresh" in my mind and butt. No talking is allowed durring "corner time" but I am allowed to rub my very red and very sore bottom. In my case "corner time " can be anywhere from fifteen minutes to two hours. After the "corner time" is over I am huged by my "mommy" and or "daddy" depends on who punished me and told all is forgiven" I am usually give a small dish of ice cream to show that I am still their "little girl".

#10 GatorMom

GatorMom

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 18 July 2008 - 08:00 PM

Okay, I'lll admit it....I've never been in the corner. It might be kind of neat...time to reflect..or um..to prepare what's coming next!!
I'm not sure there! I guess I'll find out someday!

#11 Guest_badgurl29_*

Guest_badgurl29_*
  • Guests

Posted 13 August 2008 - 02:29 PM

I have to say ive never had corner time either and I have to watch if i stand for too long my back hurts same with sitting im always moving and cant sit still for too long anyway. I dont think I would ever do corner time and Im not saying I am not open to the idea but in my opinoin for me it would make me feel too much like a kid and just feel wierd to me to do it to an adult. All of us here agree we need some type of discipline for one reason or another but then to add corner time on top of already admitting we or I need to be spanked at times I just dont see the point on the whole thing.

#12 missy

missy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 295 posts

Posted 13 August 2008 - 08:29 PM

im like that too i cant stand too long or sit too long only if im on the computer i can its weird
Young for a 32 year old
i was spanked two nights in a row ouch

#13 Guest_quietbrat_*

Guest_quietbrat_*
  • Guests

Posted 13 August 2008 - 09:27 PM

QUOTE (missy @ Aug 13 2008, 09:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
im like that too i cant stand too long or sit too long only if im on the computer i can its weird

Some people think it's "classical" to leave the bottom on display during corner time after a spanking...contributes to the sense of embarrassment and all that. Maybe so, but for me, corner time after a spanking would cease to be a reflection/resolution time and become an abandonment cue. Before a spanking is fine...as an explicit break between sets is fine...but not after, because that is when my own hunger for nurturing contact is deepest.

YMMV...Just something to think about.

#14 angelbrat

angelbrat

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 14 August 2008 - 08:32 AM

Well for me it just to funny to think I'm expected to stand in the corner. I giggle and laugh and it just makes me miss behave all the more. Sorry........

angelbrat

#15 busy_girl

busy_girl

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 26 August 2008 - 11:51 PM

QUOTE (chancellor @ Jul 10 2008, 05:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
With regard to punishment sessions, I think it's relevant for several reasons: (1) It's a good segue from the world that the spankee has just come from into the discipline session. It allows the spankee to"center" himself/herself and begin reflection on what they'd done and the consequences that will be delivered very soon; (2) It gives the disciplinarian the opportunity to begin administering the punshiment verbally; (3) It's useful throughout the session to give the spankee time to process the punishment they've received thus far. and (4) after the punishment to again reflect on what's just happened and to resolve to make the necessary corrections.

Although I'm sure there are other reasons to use it during a therapeutic or maintenance spanking, the first reason would apply in all cases.

I'm sure there are many more reasons for corner time and others will provide their thoughts.

Exactly!

Today I met with chicago_disciplinarian and received my first punishment from him. He sent me to the corner and told me I'd be there for 15 minutes, which sounded like an eternity. While I was there, he reminded me of how I fell short in my goals, mentioned things I should do to 'get it together' and then went on to scold me..telling me how childish my behavior had been and described how I was going to be spanked. During the initial few minutes my main thought was simply "I don't WANT to be in the corner!" Of course, I kept that thought to myself. Anyhow, I began to really hear what he was saying, and when he was done, he left me to think about things quietly for the last few minutes. When the 15 minutes were up, I was surprised at how quickly time had gone by. At that point, my thoughts shifted to something like "I don't WANT to get spanked!" I kept that thought to myself too smile.gif ...and went straight over to the chair to receive my spanking.

In summary, the cornertime did help me focus on my behavior/misbehavior and gave me time to process/prepare to receive the spanking. Corner time used to seem pointless to me too, but more recently I have come to value it because I find that having the time to focus serves me well.

#16 kitten4daddy

kitten4daddy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 27 August 2008 - 01:15 AM

QUOTE (MichHeadmaster @ Jul 10 2008, 05:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Well, i know you were basically asking the Spankers/Disciplinarians, but since other spankees have given their opinions, i'll give mine as well.

For me, even being sent to the "cyber corner" in chat settles me down when i'm out of control. I've a temper that flares up quickly, and takes at least 5 min. to settle down. When i'm sent to the corner it forces me to focus on my behavior, and also forces me to give up any last vestige of control at the moment. Just being in the corner, removes any "ability" to continue to talk, argue, whatever, and allows me to calm down.

Being sent to the corner in real life, usually isn't for settling me down like it is in the chat room, but it still "centers" me and forces me to focus on why i'm being punished. I guess you could say i have a love/hate relationship with corner time. I know it works on me, but i sure don't like it. It also is an excellent way for the Spanker to gauge if i've had enough spankings as well. If my attitude hasn't been tamed, it will definately show up when i'm told to go to the corner. unsure.gif

#17 auntjenny37

auntjenny37

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 30 March 2014 - 08:39 PM

I was given corner time about halfway through my spanking.  It was a time to give both me and my spanker some time to rest - he rested his arm and I rested my butt. 

During this time, I was also lectured on why I was getting the spanking - asked questions on how I was going to improve myself and what to expect in the second part of my punishment.

It is a time to reflect on your punishment and help motivate you to improve.

#18 woobie0902

woobie0902

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 427 posts

Posted 30 March 2014 - 09:37 PM

Well for me it just to funny to think I'm expected to stand in the corner. I giggle and laugh and it just makes me miss behave all the more. Sorry........

angelbrat

Thats pretty much my response.  I make it clear from the git go I do not do discipline spankings, corner time, writing lines etc.  If that is not acceptable than that is simply not the person for me.

We need another and a wiser and perhaps a more mystical concept of animals.  In a world older and more complex than ours they move finished and complete, gifted with extensions of the senses we have lost or never attained, living by voices we shall never hear.  They are not brethren, they are not underlings, they are other nations, caught with ourselves in the net of life and time, fellow prisoners of the splendour and travail of the earth.     HENRY BESTON

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users