Photo

How were spankings given to girls in the 30's, 40's 50's??

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 EW800

EW800

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 18 May 2008 - 02:33 PM

I know that when spankings were much more common in the 30''s, 40''s and 50''s, boys would probably more often than not get it pants down with a belt or strap of some sort. Does anyone have any idea how girls were spanked for the most part? With girls then wearing dresses and having so many layers and padding udner the dress, it just does not seem that they were given over the dress - or were they? Any thoguhts?

Male-50 - Living in Minneosta, but travel to many states and major cities on business. Hoping to meet naughty bottoms that crave the discipline that they deserve! :)

#2 ScarlettO'Hairbrush

ScarlettO'Hairbrush

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 126 posts

Posted 18 May 2008 - 05:23 PM

Dear EW,

Your willingness to jump in with such friendly posts makes it hard to lurk past them. You are setting a fine example. Thank you! And thanks too for an interesting question.

I grew up in Tennessee in the 60''s, and am looking at the school as opposed to domestic setting. I hope this still answers your question. I was subject to school paddlings by three different teachers in 1st and 2nd grades.

One took me otk with a ping pong paddle (man), and the other two (women) had me bend over to receive the wooden paddle. In all three cases the punishment was very public, so all they did was lift up my dress and punish me on my knickers. Then every single one of them told me how rarely they had to spank girls and that I should be ashamed of myself.

There were invariable rumors that the principal paddled on the bare, but we also told each other that the new copy machine outside his office was in fact an electric spanking machine because it made a lot more noise than the mimeograph machine! So I have no idea if the rumor about the principal''s style is true or not!

#3 EW800

EW800

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 18 May 2008 - 06:20 PM

Thank you very much for your very nice note. It sounds like we grew in the same era. I was in elementary school through the 60''s and attended in Southern California (San Diego).

I am pretty sure that at this time in CA, corporal punishment in schools was rapidly on the decline. I knew that our school principal had a paddle (actually it was kind of a long ruler - maybe 15" long) that I saw in his office a few times, but to my knowledge was not used at the time. I know that we all had a fear of the so-called paddle, but think maybe it was around that time that it was put into retirement. I was aware at this time that I had some sort of interest in spanking, but was confused by the feelings. I do recall my interest the few times that I was able to see the "paddle" on his desk or on his file cabinet.

I asked the question about how girls must have disciplined at home during that period of time and earlier, as I saw an episode of Little House on the Prairie this weekend and was wondering about how it must have been done with the big fluffy dresses that were worn at that time.

Thanks once again for the warm welcome. I hope to make some friends with similar interests in this community.

Thanks!

PS: SOH, I sent you a private message that I am hoping that you can take a look at. Thanks!

Male-50 - Living in Minneosta, but travel to many states and major cities on business. Hoping to meet naughty bottoms that crave the discipline that they deserve! :)

#4 PeoriaSpanker

PeoriaSpanker

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 71 posts

Posted 19 May 2008 - 07:20 AM

QUOTE('EW800 @ 'May 18 2008, 03:33 PM)
I know that when spankings were much more common in the 30''''s, 40''''s and 50''''s, boys would probably more often than not get it pants down with a belt or strap of some sort. Does anyone have any idea how girls were spanked for the most part? With girls then wearing dresses and having so many layers and padding udner the dress, it just does not seem that they were given over the dress - or were they? Any thoguhts?

At home, spankings were usually given to girls and boys on the bare. They had a certain "formality" about them, with the procedure varying by household. Moms usually spanked, but when a REAL point had to be made, Dads did it. Moms used hand and hairbrush, or a small paddle. Dads usually used hand and razor strop (or, it could be his belt). These were, for children, long spankings -- 10 - 30 strokes, increasing with the child''s age.

Babysitters had authority to spank, and many did, though only hand or paddle, also on the bare. Even neighbors might give out the occasional few swqats, and THEN report to your parents, when you would get it worse. Same re teachers and Sunday School teachers.

This lasted through the fifties, but by the sixties, Dr. Benjamin Spock''s book was in vogue (sadly), and spankings began to die out. Society has reaped the discord since, to the point that even Dr. Spock admitted his theories were wrong.
Decades of experience. YOUR spanking tailored to YOUR needs.

Give it a try, ladies. E-mail Me at peoriaspanker@yahoo.com and let Me be:

YOUR PeoriaSpanker

#5 Guest_Jordi Rossi_*

Guest_Jordi Rossi_*
  • Guests

Posted 19 May 2008 - 07:52 PM

I was spanked in the sixies at school and by my mother and uncle at home or his house. When I was in the first grade my teacher many boys and girls OTK spankings in class. all were with a covered bottom. I was spanked by her for not following a direct order. It was in front of the class. She called me over to her in the front of the room. She sat on a chair, put me over her knees, lifted up my dress and spanked me with my panties on. She always made sure she at least got down as far as underware for spankings. My mother would put me over her knees, bare my bottom and spank me with an open hand. My uncle did the same.
Jordi

#6 roberta

roberta

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 08 October 2008 - 05:01 PM

Girls of this period mainly wore dresses so it was easy for a mother to wisk her naughty daughter's dress up, pull down her knickers and smack her bare bottom. either by hand or for more serious offences, the back of a trusty wooden hairbrush. I know several women who, for very serious bad behaviour, were soundly thrashed with a strap or cane, sometimes up to the age of 17 or 18. But it was normally Mother who carried out the punishment. Daddy kept out of the way as he felt it was wrong to witness his daughter in a state of undress.

#7 Jersey1327

Jersey1327

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 323 posts

Posted 08 October 2008 - 06:29 PM

I am going to ask that this topic not stray too far into the corporal punishment of children as that is not what this site is intended for. So far I am okay with it as it does not contain any inappropriate overtones...but I do ask everyone to be careful. I will be keeping an eye on this thread and if I do see any responses that do not belong here I will delete them.

Thank you,

Jersey

Mod in training

Realize you have a mind of your own and eventhough your disciplinarian may be the one in control, they do not OWN you. You have the right to stand up for yourself and not accept anything that violates you as a person.

#8 Guest_quietbrat_*

Guest_quietbrat_*
  • Guests

Posted 09 October 2008 - 09:58 PM

Well, all I know is that by my early 20's I remember having certain wild ideas involving a strong desire to see Benjamin Spock executed for treason....but by then he had probably gone to his reward anyway. That's as far "over the line" as I care to go on that subject. No further reply is necessary or will be acknowledged, thank you.

Success,
Quietbrat

#9 tendershysubincalif

tendershysubincalif

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 86 posts

Posted 21 October 2008 - 11:20 AM

My mom used to chase me with a flyswatter, and if she got lucky she might get in a swat or two. That was the extent of spankings I received when a child in the 50s.

#10 MsSunbeam

MsSunbeam

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 21 October 2008 - 05:55 PM

QUOTE (EW800 @ May 18 2008, 08:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I know that when spankings were much more common in the 30''s, 40''s and 50''s, boys would probably more often than not get it pants down with a belt or strap of some sort. Does anyone have any idea how girls were spanked for the most part? With girls then wearing dresses and having so many layers and padding udner the dress, it just does not seem that they were given over the dress - or were they? Any thoguhts?

From my experience in the 60's my mom used a switch. on naked legs.
My dad turned me over his knee and spanked me with his hand. I was wearing shorts.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users